Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, you cannot be left alone for one minute without something new happening.....I missed this new surgery completely! I do hope you are feeling better, as it seems you are. Just try to be a little cautious and gentle, we do want you around a while!

Be well,

Dawn

Hi Dawn!

I had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery two weeks ago; went to doctor a week early, and he just looked at me as if I were unbelievable!:rotfl: I wasn't supposed to see him until tomorrow, but since I came from out of town......:happydance: Anyway, he released me last week with the stipulation of no sit-ups,or swimming! Monday I can do those again!:happydance:

I hope you are doing well! I went to yogalates on Friday and between it and Jill having me do tricep dips, I am sore all over! The ONLY part of my body that doesn't hurt is my knees!:whistle::rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I took one night of Boot Camp and realized that I am in pretty good shape! The other people after each circuit rotation, were grabbing towels, laying prone on the floor sucking down water, and gasping for breath! I just kept moving my feet until the next exercise!:happydance: That is when I realized I didn't need boot camp, I am in Boot Camp 5 days a week with Abby and Jill!:happydance:
 
SHYGIRL , Thanks so much for your brief response. First off the closer we get to the Lord the more he protects us and embraces us. I truly believe that. Second I love working out and have been working out since teenage years. Do you go to a major gym or a small private one. So let me get this straight, your left knee is fine, has that one been a picture perfect recovery?? 2 months later a rtkr that went haywire. Finally a revision 2 years later. WOW , I cant even imagine the pain and emotions during that time. No doubt your faith got you through and your quest for a healthy happy life. Congratulations on a better life. You inspire soo many. Keep up the great work.
 
@icep707 ,

Yes, my left knee was the picture of a textbook recovery!:happydance: The right knee took a while longer thanks in no small part to my stubbornness! Yes, MRSA invaded, but I was my 2nd worst enemy by "pushing" my recovery of my revision!:headbang:

I work out in a large gym that has 3 studios for different types of exercises. There is a steam room, hot tub, whirlpool, aquatics pool and lap pool! Lots of cardio equipment and weights. Abby and Jill have all sorts of ideas to use to keep me guessing!:rotfl:

God has been with me through all of this. He healed the kneecap and it doesn't offer to slip out anymore! That is a good thing, because Jill has me doing kettle bell swings in the squatting position! I can do them! I can also fold my legs and pull them up to my chest! Haven't quite mastered the roll to standing yet but am working on it!

Thanks for noticing I am Shy!:wink: Some people have a hard time believing that!:happydance:

By the way they now refer to me as the "face of Mission Fitness" because when they ran their January promotion, they put my testimonial about Abby and had an arrow pointing to it asking if people would like to join Sonja in her progress, something like that. I felt kind of strange the first day it was mailed out, and I was walking the indoor track, and everyone kept waving at me! Then I found out why!:rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sonja. Glad to see you're OK after surgery. Welcome to the "no gallbladder" club. My surgery was done in the Stone Age, so it was pretty invasive. But it was so good to be able to eat and no feel awful afterwards.

Still loving exercising, I see. I totally understand. Congrats on the reaction at Bootcamp workout; you have become so physically strong. Whew!
 
Hi @PooShay,

Can you believe I am doing Zumba and Yogalates? We are going to have a Mardi Gras Zumba, and I will be there!:blush::happydance:

The yogalates is tricky. I still am testing my balance limits, so I have fallen once each week, but with different moves. I am getting the hang of it!:happydance:

I hope you are doing well! I need to come to one of your jazzercise sessions and give it a try!:yahoo:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Friday!!! Remember we're not as young as we once were take it easy for a day or two! :angel:

oops guess I am a little late!!! Glad all went well!!!
 
@kneeper, you ought to try one of these yogalates classes! Perhaps they will serve you yoga coffee afterwards! :rotfl:
 
Well,

Let's see!

I guess I haven't posted in a few days but let me assure you that Abby and Jill are keeping me busy!:happydance:
I will talk about today with Jill!

Came in at 8:00 for her yogalates class and people were groaning about some of the exercises! I thought, these are easy, just keep letting us do leg circles without touching the floor for 30 sec going backwards then forward, while lying on our sides, scissor kicks, still with legs off the ground for 30 seconds, and finally, on our back holding our legs up in the air about 6 inches off the floor. Easy!:yay: We did lots more moves, but I did not fall once today!

Then I had personal training w Jill and we were in the pool! All cardio and focusing on strengthening the middle quad muscle even more! Wow! I am getting so much stronger!:dancy:

Then Jill was discussing a 5K that is coming up! I told her how long do they keep the course open?:rotfl: She said usually an hour and a half but it won't take me any where near that long to finish! Jill is predicting an hour walking 3.1 miles! :spin: My head is spinning! LOL

I walked 1.3 miles on my own after BOTH workouts in 22 minutes!:happydance: Ahhhhhhhh.....progress! Right, @RunA42K
 
I am doing planks right after kneeling on the assisted pull-up machine and holding for 30 sec. Then I walk myself back into the "down dog" a new term in yoga I learned:heehee: Where your body is bent with your rear in the air and hands on the floor. Then, I am supposed to dig my heels in shifting my weight and walk myself backwards! It is becoming easy, so of course Jill wants me to try something new! Now when we pull our knees to our chests, she wants me to rock forward to the standing position! Haven't mastered that one yet, but I bet it won't be long!:thumb::happydance: I love working out again! It has given me so much confidence and energy! This is nothing like rehab. Jill and Abby are constantly challenging me to reach new goals! I am going to shock Dr. Maale when he sees me Feb 20th!:yahoo:
 
Well of course! I am not technically challenged after all! :rotfl:

Besides some people DON'T need the weight loos and exercise thread so they never go there!:snork:
 
My hubby told me something interesting yesterday that I never knew! The day I had my revision the anesthesiologist, Dr. Maale, the nurses had all visited. So, the anesthesiologist gave me happy juice in preparation for surgery. Well, there was a power failure, and Dr. Maale operates in a room that has been designed to his specifications. The room is pressurized so that no infectious agent can survive! They delayed my surgery 3 hours to repressurize the room. I knew nothing, because they kept the happy juice flowing!:happydance:
 
Well today is the official weigh in day to see if I am making progress! Abby came back from her cruise yesterday, and Jill was supposed to be in the pool with me! But, no I look up to see Sgt. Abby ready to kick my rear into gear! We did cardio, cardio, cardio, and oh yeah, did I mention cardio?!!! We need a little smiley that has their tongue out gasping for breath!:rotfl:
 
Way to go. Exercise is great !! Ive been eating like a horse since my surgery 2 days ago. I thought my appetite would of dissapeard and now my coworkers wager that I would come back to work heavy is in jeopardy. I have atleast 12 weeks off so I have time to eat healthy and exercise smart
 
Back
Top Bottom