Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja,
You are going to knock 'em dead girl. Can't wait to see it in the all together. You go girl.
By the way we have the office Christmas party to go to Saturday and for the first time in I don't know how many years I have these really swanky heels to wear, so I am going to practice all day Friday at home to learn to walk in them again.
Rose
 
Well, my commitment to myself and to Abby is paying off! I am logging EVERYTHING I eat, makes me stop and think! :ok: Anyway when Abby weighed me in today I had lost 5.5 pounds and 4.1 percent more of my body fat in a week! :happydance: I lost 2 1/2 inches around the hips, and 1/2 inch off my thighs! My hubby breathed a sigh of relief when he heard I had not lost any more from the "top" :wink: :rotfl: Pat said I am so proud of you! I love it when he tells me that and he does that a lot now! He is so proud of my accomplishments on getting my masters during the time I was going through problems with my knees. He said he couldn't have done it, but he admired me! Wow! :happydance: :yahoo:

By preserving and continuing to live life despite any obstacles thrown in front of me has motivated a lot of people that I am in the gym with! Life is too short to sit on the sidelines, so I'm back in the game!"
 
RestAssured As usual, you are an inspiration. I like the "life is too short to sit on the sidelines . . . ."

I'm just beginning to try to get back in the game and get my strength back. I was almost immobile for several months from pain before I had my THRs. Do you know of any good exercises to strengthen the tendons and muscles and so on around the knees that do not strain the knees? Especially the inside of the knees (by that I mean the part of the knees that would knock together if a person was knock kneed)? And the ilio tibial band on the outside of the knees? My OS says he thinks my knees are complaining because of adjusting to my new hips (he lengthened one leg so now they are the same length), pelvic tilt, etc., but he really didn't tell me anything to do about it. I don't want to strain my knees and make any arthritis that may be in there worse.

Thanks,

Milli
 
Butterfly,

Before I answer your questions about exercises for the knees, can you tell me if you are able to lay on your side, stand for any length of time, or sit in a straight back chair? That would be helpful in giving you some ideas of exercises we have used in PT to strengthen the inside and outside of my knees. :)
 
broken link removed: https://www.acu.edu/live/

At this time the only way it is being broadcast is live at 7:30 pm CST. Hopefully that will change after the ceremony!
 
RestAssured
Dear Sonja,
I can't tell you how proud I am of you :yay: :egypdance: I have tears in my eyes, I am so Happy for you !!!!!!
I love how you pray for direction in your life, You are indeed Blessed :angel:
Go forward, the world is waiting for your spirit & Wisdom.........
:cry: ( I'm so Happy for you ) :heehee:
Love,
Diana :xmas-kitty:
 
Sonja,
I felt so proud of you when I saw you walk across that stage last night. Congrats kiddo on a wonderful job.
Got on-line just in time to see you get that diploma. May God continue to bless you in all your endeavours.
Rose
 
Pictures before graduation! Didn't have my camera after, waiting on others to post!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 232
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 222
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 246
Congratulations!!
:sleigh:
When is the graduation party?
I will bring some music and a magician for entertainment.
 
Congratulations. Awesome achievement!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sonia you have worked so hard in more ways that one to get to this day. Bask in all the glory my friend. You look wonderful in the photo's. God bless.
 
Congratulations!!
:sleigh:
When is the graduation party?
I will bring some music and a magician for entertainment.
I don't know? When is a good time to get all of you "party animals together?" :)
 
OH BOY, a party:martini::cheers2::dancy::yes!: Should I tell the "WARRIORS" I'll bring the "WALNUTS":blush:
Diana:xmas-tree:@RestAssured Don't get rid of your High Heels just yet, Bunzostel is very
Interested in them:loll:Fig leafs & high heels, I can't wait !!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::yes!::yahoo:Oh, My:bow::bow:
 
Warriors and Cowboys that you have taken hostage Diana! I have received distress letters :sos: From both groups:snork: Talking about the many things you keep "forcing" them to do!:yawn: Wears me out I tell you! @new knee in June
 
I have the Cowboys ? I think we have a problem Houston:shrug:I haven't had the Cowboys,
Possibly @My way knows were they have been ? I hope someone has them:yikes: & is treating
Them kindly.
Diana:angel:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom