Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@Dhare63,

Thank you! I don't know why God chooses me when so many are wanting to be healed but He does! He is the best Physician there is!:happydance::angel:
 
Well tomorrow is a day of working hard for me! I have not lived up to my end of the nutritional contract during the past two weeks, and I asked Abby to honor her part of the contract, which states that if I fail to hold up my promise to eat nutritionally, that Abby will supplement with extra physical contractual obligations after our session is over! I am serious about what I intend to accomplish, not to mention the illness I have suffered from all the "junk food" I ate over the holidays! I told Abby I will offer no excuses, I will just be ready for tomorrow! Speaking of that, goodnight everyone! I had better get some sleep!:mcoffee:
 
:snow plough: Here is a good additional activity for you, it would be lawn mowing in Texas.:loll:
Keep up the good work!
 
:snow plough: Here is a good additional activity for you, it would be lawn mowing in Texas.:loll:
Keep up the good work!
Actually, it is pulling up dead weeds, raking up leaves, and yes, even tending to the backyard for doggie poop patrol! LOL... We have had more ice this year than I can remember in a long time! I learned I AM NOT a Northern girl though! Heater blocks for cars? Please? :rotfl:
 
Hello Sonja @RestAssured
Happy New Year !!!!!:dancy:This "Northern Girl" is ringing in the year with temperatures in the
Single digits:yikes:Followed by a snow storm Thurs. Into Friday:snow plough:I will get my exercise
In shoveling & :puppysmooze:Is part husky & loves the snow. I love the cold & snow:happydance:It's the ice
I can do without:shocked:
Take Care, Have a safe New Year,
Diana:snow dig:
 
Actually, it is pulling up dead weeds, raking up leaves, and yes, even tending to the backyard for doggie poop patrol! LOL..
And you will be working in Abby's yard too, may as well put all that energy to productive work. :heehee:
Hope she is not too hard on you, bet she was no angel either.
:sleep:
 
And you will be working in Abby's yard too, may as well put all that energy to productive work. :heehee:
Hope she is not too hard on you, bet she was no angel either.
:sleep:

Abby put me through the paces today and we did 15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical that has the bars that you use to move your arms to get a full body workout! I was huffing and puffing, taking a basically 2 week "siesta" was NOT the best idea! Not to mention eating all the junk I ate!!! Today, I am back on my program, and feeling better already! :happydance: I added some things after Abby and I finished. Tomorrow , it's Cardio in the Pool! Moving running running running! :scary::happydance: Oh, I weighed today to see how much damage I had done, and I weighed 280.6. Before on December 16th I was 279.9. Not as bad as I thought!:yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
bottomshollow
 
OK, on Friday I will be having my gallbladder out! Everyone knows that I have put this off for several months in order to graduate. When I saw the surgeon yesterday, he said what day this week do you want to schedule! I said I don't feel that bad, and he replied, your gallbladder tells me it does! It is barely functioning and will start rotting! I said ok, how about Friday? Then on Monday I can start exercising again. He said I can walk, do lower body and upper body, but no core, and no swimming!:gaah:

Tomorrow, I will be back in the pool and swimming "like a fish". Abby said we are doing all
Cardio in the pool tomorrow! If you don't hear from me again, it means I am dying at the pool!:scare:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes for Friday, Sonja! :flwrysmile:

Are you having keyhole surgery? I have heard that is much easier to recover from than the old, traditional operation.

Caryl
 
Yes, it will be laparoscopic thank goodness! He said 3 holes possibly 4 depending on if it is easy to see! He was so nice! He asked me how the whole MRSA thing started, and then we talked about my knee replacements!
He noticed that I had a core that is getting in shape and all the loose skin. He asked me how much weight I had lost! I told him I started at 435 and am currently at 275! 75 more pounds to skin removal!!!:happydance:
He was so impressed that I had done the work myself and without gastric bypass! I said, I put the weight on, I'll take it back off!
 
I had mine out and it was 4 tiny scars, can't even find them now two years later.

I had pancreatitis caused by a stone blocking the duct, was hospitalized for four days, got out and then healed for a week, made a quick trip to Taiwan, and made it back two days before surgery. All in the span of a month. The surgical team in the OR was impressed. Especially when they found another stone in the duct juuuuuust waiting to cause pancreatitis again.

Best to have it out! All the best in your upcoming surgery.
 
Best wishes for your gallbladder surgery - I had mine done after pregnancy using the key-hole procedure.

We all got shown our stones afterwards - all the others on the ward got a tube with 1 or 2 largish clumps whereas I got a tube of gravel - 43 tiny gravelly stones :rotfl:
 
Sonja,
Good luck to you on Friday. As I have told you before it's no big deal to have the gallbladder removed these days, had mine done about 2 weeks after my 3rd cervical fusion surgery. Rested for a few days and then back on the go again. With all you have been thru this is "a spit in the bucket" but better now then later when it might not be so easy.
Love you and will be praying for a great success.
 
Wishes for a smooth procedure Friday.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom