Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ok Diana! Now almonds, pumpkin seeds and even sunflower seeds are good for your lifestyle change! :cheers:
 
Last night was a great night towards my weight loss goals! I lost a total of 24.6 pounds, and 7.98% of my body weight! :happydance:

I won top individual in terms of weight and and percentage in 7 1/2 weeks! :happydance:

Monday starts "Holiday Bootcamp" with Soli! I will do Bootcamp 3 times a week in the evenings for 3 weeks. I work out with Abby 5 days next week, have PT on T and Th, and thankfully a massage on Thursday! :happydance:

I fell off the rowing machine today! :rotfl: My feet were still firmly strapped in, and I fell to my left! Guess what! I started laughing! :heehee:

Abby unstrapped my feet, and helped me up from the floor! She asked, did you hurt your knee, and I looked at her and started laughing again! I hadn't even THOUGHT about my knee! :happydance:

If I had corrected my behind on the seat in the first place I never would have fallen to begin with! Life is grand, when you tell someone I wasn't even thinking about my knees! By the way, they are still doing great! :yahoo:

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3


[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3


This is one of the machines where you kneel and do assisted pull-ups! Abby lowered the weight today, making it more challenging!

The other picture is the Boot camp shirt. The largest they had was large, and I said, I will take it and it will give me inspiration to fit in it by New Year's! :happydance:
 
Sonja, you are a woman of "firsts." Honestly, this is the first time I've every heard of anyone falling off a rowing machine......:rotfl:. Guess we need to rethink the idea of duct taping you to your exercise equipment.
 
I try to keep life interesting for everyone! I am out living, loving exercise and life! Why not laugh! :rotfl:

I can say that none of the other members, trainers, or even my own trainer laughed! They were worried I hurt myself! LOL
 
Sweetheart, I reduced the size of your pictures for you and also lightened the one of you so we can see you better! Am I imagining things or are you really chewing your lips with the effort?
 
Am I imagining things or are you really chewing your lips with the effort?

Hello Jo!

Abby gives me instructions to breathe out as I go up! I was pulling up with 120 pounds of my actual weight, and Abby increased it. Getting ready for. Soli's Boot Camp! :wink:

I might have been grunting though in that picture! Abby says "Don't grunt, breathe!" :rotfl:

Thank you for resizing and making the other picture clearer. I tried, but did not succeed!
 
OMG Sonja..just the fact that you can kneel on your knees. Congrats on the weight loss. You are amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I will let you in on a little secret! I didn't think I could kneel, do lateral and walking backwards, spin cycle, Zumba, or even Boot Camp! Abby has been teaching me to trust my knee. And it is paying off more than I ever could have imagined! Boot Camp is intense, but Abby said, "You can do it, and said sign up tonight so you commit to it. Well I did!" Now, if no one hears from me after Monday night, I have always said yellow or peach roses would be pretty at my funeral! :rotfl:
 
Well,

Today I went to exercise class w my Mom and Sister! We did the cardio workout of Leslie Sansone's and I was never out of breath! I did the high kicks, the lunges, the back kicks you name it! People stopped for water and I just kept going. Finally at the end I started sweating a little! I LOVE exercising again! :happydance:

Debbie_joints, Janet2012,

Both of you would have been shocked! :thud: :rotfl:
 
Yellow Rose of Texas, huh? :giggle:

I told my Sister and Mom the same thing about the roses and Boot Camp :rotfl:

I said, forget peach, those were used at my wedding! Pick yellow! I want to look down from heaven at a different color! :wink: :heehee:
 
Today was a great day! I finished my practicum, just have to write 1,600 word reflection over what I learned! Only 1,600 words! They know how to limit a gabby gal like me! :happydance:

Then I went to see Abby! We worked hard today on upper body and sit stands! My knee was cracking and popping and she asked me what I had done over the holiday. When I explained I went to Mom's exercise class that has Leslie Sansone's cardio circuit, she asked me to demonstrate some of the moves. I forgot about the high knees and clapping twice under each leg and pivoting and such. I guess that might have been important! :whistle: :shrug: :heehee:

Then.... The first night of Boot Camp with Soli! Oh my goodness! I thought I was going to die! But when I looked around, I saw people stopping and I just kept going! I had modifications, but some of the mods were more challenging than what the others were doing! I was proud of myself because I never stopped! :happydance:
 
I'm worn out just reading your post, Sonja! You are amazing...
 
Thanks Jamie! It has been a long road, but the ride is getting a lot smoother! To have someone like Abby who has you doing things where you aren't even thinking about your knee is amazing! She has been a true inspiration! :happydance:

I will add an additional note this morning! I am sore all over, but my feet that have such bad arthritis in them are benefitting from all the exercise Abby and Soli have me doing! The stuff is breaking up as Dr. Defee and Dr. Maale promised with exercise! My feet are actually getting happier! They were so stiff, and now they are much more flexible!

My hubby said he loved the word flexible! :rotfl:
 
Today, I am going to PT w Sylvia at 8:00, Personal Training w Abby at 1:00, and hitting the road for Mom's after a shower! I have my Emmaus meeting tonight w Mom, a doctor appointment in the morning, and then I get my hair cut and highlighted in another town. After that, I head back to Personal Training with Abby! Around the block in 24 hours! :happydance:
 
:goodpost: Way to go Sonya! I just popped in to see how you are doing and obviously you are better than great!:yay: isn't it wonderful when you forget to worry about your knees:snork: .... soon.... I will be there with you soon!....
 
Well... Did not get to PT this morning. Had a tire blow out and Mom had blown out one on my car a month earlier! So, I waited for 2 1/2 hours for a tow truck, and the had a friend take me to Mission Fitness to work out w Abby! Then Abby took me to get my car, I headed for the house showered, jumped back in the car and took off for Mom's!
I made it safely to my Emmaus meeting with my "sisters" had a wonderful visit with my mother, and will be "on the road again this morning back to see doctor, have "coffee" w one of my "sisters", get my hair trimmed and colored, and then get back home in time to work out w Abby! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom