Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Wonderful news, Sonja. Finally....the BIG payoff for all that work and dedication. You are definitely a rock star!!!
 
Great news Sonja!
Glad you will be seen by a PT. Drives me crazy when I hear about most PT care being provided by aides:hairpulling:.
 
Thank you everyone! For those of you waiting for revisions, I will still be here! I am loving life, out and having a blast, but I always will keep in mind how long it took me to get here! A revision is not as straight forward as a knee replacement in terms of feeling normal sometimes, but never give up! I am living proof that if you stick with it, keep looking for the right people to be in your corner and of course in my case rely on God to put those people in my path, that everything turns out better than even Dr. Maale expected! He is absolutely ecstatic and wants me as a "poster child." Well, maybe of things not to do on the way to recovery! :rotfl:

Life is grand, Felice and I had dinner last night, and she and Abby are going to work together to help me with a few issues I have been struggling with emotionally. Gosh, I hope Felice doesn't mention the combat ropes! :thud: I'm doing enough as it is! Felice said she can use the ones I bought! No no no! LOL
 
Jozilla

I make time to get my workouts in, work on my practicum, schedule meetings with the two supervisors that I am doing the practicum for, and spend time w my hubby in the evening! I have a scheduler on my phone or I would never survive! To think I used to be the world's worst procrastinator! Dec 13 is graduation and I have 88 out of 125 hours finished! I will make it! :yahoo:
 
Combat ropes:yikes: . Photos please :yes:.
I have some old ones from Felice! :scary:
Sorry I wanted to send it in a video, but you will have to see a still photo! The ropes weigh 40 pounds
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
:rolleyes:, I had envisioned climbing ropes to the ceiling :wink:.
My arms are tired just looking at those ropes.
 
Climbing ropes to the ceiling! Aaarrrgghhh! I can envision Abby saying "It won't be long before we can do that!" LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sonja, you look so intimidating with those ropes in your hands, sort of like a torturess!! Maybe there is a superhero role in your future!

Congrats my friend,

Dawn
 
RestAssured So what DO you do with those combat ropes? Wow -- congratulations on all you have accomplished!

I wanted to thank you for reassuring me about the positive MRSA test. I had my second hip replaced Oct 28 -- they gave me antibiotics IV for about an hour before the surgery (vancomycin and something else) and I came thu it all fine, at least so far no sign of infection and I am doing fine. That MRSA thing really scared me and you helped me get through the fear. Thank you.

Love,

Milli
 
Butterfly

You are welcome! You overcame the fear when you had better information. I wish doctors would explain plainly to their patients that if they are colonized, they are like a lot of the population! The truth is; these people live their lives without actually having MRSA attack them! My mother and finally my husband went through the hibiclens and muprocin procedure, but it was to protect me! When you are a carrier of MRSA, it doesn't take much for it to attack! I am now MRSA free and I thank God everyday! :happydance:

The combat ropes are used in a variety of ways! You start making waves like a snake, and then make the snake go all the way to the Per Trainer. There are the overhead slaps, where you bring the rope over your head and slam it over and over, then use one arm in a sideways motion for 30 seconds across your body, switch hands repeat! Lots of exercise with combat ropes. I wish I could get my two videos to download, but they won't! :wink: Jamie if you could tell me how to download a video from my iPad I would appreciate it!
 
True true true! Never thought I would ever be a gym rat again, but I am loving it, loving the new me, and loving a healthy knee! :happydance:
 
Hi Sonja, Good morning! It's a lovely sunny day here today and I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and looking at the beautiful bunch of deep pink coloured Peonies on my kitchen bench.

Have you tried uploading your videos to Youtube and then paste the link into your thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom