Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

spinfanatic,

Thank you! It is nice to know that I can bring inspiration to people out there whether they are contemplating surgery, have surgery, or even the small percentage like me who have " Been traveling this road longer than others!" We are all part of the same BoneSmart family! :happydance:
 
Dearest Sonja,
You are living the life of 20 people, You make my head spin :spin: If I had a tiny bit of your energy, I
Would be a happy Lady :happydance: I need a rest just thinking about everything you do in a day :heehee:
Congratulations on the steps, that's a great milestone.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile: ...You do rest on the weekends, don't you ? :wink:
 
Yea, I've been traveling this road entirely toooo long. I will be so glad to be where you are. I'm so glad you got to where you are... I remember when we were in about the same boat. You sound so much more upbeat now than then.
 
Sonja,
Haven't had much time to read your posts until today. You rally never give up and sound so happy now, and that makes me happy. Keep up the great work and Dec. is only 2 months off. Miss talking to you will have to catch up soon.
 
Dearest Sonja,
Diana :flwrysmile: ...You do rest on the weekends, don't you ? :wink:

No, that is when the fun with hubby begins! We have been shopping at Sam's a warehouse store and I pushed the cart and flew all over the store today! We went to small towns and looked around. Fun, fun, fun!!! :happydance:
 
Dear Sonja,
Enjoy your weekend with your hubby :blush: I hope he can keep up with you :heehee:
Enjoy life to the fullest,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Sonja,
Enjoy your weekend with your hubby :blush: I hope he can keep up with you :heehee:
Enjoy life to the fullest,
Diana :flwrysmile:
Diana,

I hope he can too! He has a hip that has gone bad due to his weight and arthritis, but he says "I will never get a replacement!" I will wait and watch! :wink: :heehee:
 
Let's see...

Tomorrow, we will rest, or rather he will rest during the day, and I am going to take the Polaris out for a spin. Then I need to get back to working on my practicum! I will be limiting myself to the school and restructuring the business. The lawyer wanted me to sign my life away, and after doing further background checks, I figured out why! :skep: So, 2 projects for my practicum is plenty and I can be flexible in the hours I spend in both! :happydance:
 
Dear Sonja,
My husband had his hip replaced years ago. He walks 2 miles a day & works 45 hrs. A week. On
Concrete floors :shocked: He is doing great. Pat will know when it's time...just like we all did :)
Have a great weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well, yes I truly hope he will decide to get rid of the pain! I watch him struggle and it breaks my heart! These cabin stairs that used to be a problem for me are a real killer for him! I see him wince with every step! He moans if we are in the car too long, because his hip is killing him. I mentioned a replacement, and he said "I will just live live with the pain!" Now where have I heard that before?!" :umm: :rotfl:
 
daughter stalker,

Thanks! Tonight is a big fish fry, BBQ, and listening to some great music from a band! I can't eat fried, I am limited on the BBQ because of my gallbladder, and the deserts afterwards will not be appealing as I have been getting sick from eating sugar. My hubby is grilling something special for me to eat, and I am looking forward to the music and more off roading in a little while! :happydance:
When we go to our cabin, we love to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city! We can visit neighbors out here if we wish, but we are surrounded by trees, and we have wildlife that comes to visit us every night! :happydance:
 
It sounds like you are having a great time and living life to the full - you are a great inspiration for those of us who have had troubles with our TKRs - that no matter how long it takes it is possible to recover and live a new life after complications :yay:
 
Yes, it is possible to regain your life! Some people give up and think this is as good as it gets! :shocked:

Well, I didn't go through the surgeries to think I would not be happy at the end and along the way! I kept my positive attitude throughout, with a few rants, and kept working! I then met Michelle the therapist who has set the last part in motion, and Abby the Personal Trainer plus Felice the Personal Trainer who challenge that knee and have me doing more than I have done in 23 years! :happydance:
 
Hello Sonja,
Just catching up with you :) Can you believe it's almost December ? What do you have left to do for your
Masters ? Are you working with the lawyer ? What are your plans for after you graduate ?
Please update....Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I just dropped by to see what you have been up to. Its so good to see that you have a good life and I do hope and pray that your husband will get the hip done. But I also understand the comment " I will live with the pain." I think everyone here has said that including me. Keep having all the fun you derserve every moment of it.. Tashia
 
Yes, it is possible to regain your life! Some people give up and think this is as good as it gets! :shocked:
True. I know since getting my first knee done and seeing the progress there, I'm much less willing to accept the condition of my other knee and am ready to get that one fixed too.
 
I am finishing my practicum in December, so yes it will be Party with the Warriors time! :happydance:

I have been pretty busy; my brace broke but I don't need it anyway. Abby has been a lifesaver as a personal trainer! She is making me trust the knee again, and I have stopped PT! :cheers: :yahoo: She has done more for me in 4 weeks than they did in a year and a half on that knee! I am so excited! She challenged me to Zumba, did it for an hour, I am going up and down stairs alternating feet each time, I am standing from sitting at 12 inches from the floor! God has blessed me richly! :happydance:
 
Am I understanding that you are no longer going to physical therapy now and instead working with a personal trainer? (I'm getting my "PTs" messed up and need clarification)

At any rate, it sounds like you're turning another corner in this recovery, Sonja. I'm so happy for you!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom