Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well,
Abby continues to challenge me and my knee! I was sitting on the low stool that is lower than my couch,doing sit downs get back ups. All of the sudden "Sweet Abby" came marching over with 8 pound weights and had me do the same thing! She had asked a question and I am always caught off guard, they are so good at that. When I was doing the first three sets of 15, when I finished she said how did those feel? If I had been thinking I would have said "hard". But silly me said easy, so here came the weights! :shrug: Oh well, the knee is getting stronger all the time! They have a PT therapy inside a part of this gym, so Abby and Brian have been asking for advice! Abby said we are going to do the elliptical now, and we went for 15 minutes! It is amazing how much stuff she can pack into an hour! :heehee:
 
Good for you, Sonja! :happydance: I can't wait until I can do that much work! Ummm...NO! :no-fin: I'd rather be sitting in my adjustable bed looking for things on the internet with ice on my knee. :heehee:

Have a kneeeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
daughter stalker,

One day, you will be able to do all I am doing because you feel great! I logged 13,032 steps yesterday! Since I have started training with Abby, the kneecap is getting even better! On Wed nights usually except for this week I work out with my Biggest Loser Team.

My hubby and I have decided we need a mini vacation, so we are leaving Wed afternoon for the cabin and going to pick up our Polaris on Thursday, and then hit the trails! :happydance: We both need a break and some time together!

I am going to work out w Abby again today and tomorrow. I have PT tomorrow. If you don't hear from me it means Abby killed me with all the exercising we are doing! :heehee: So anyway, oh like I said, you will be able to do all of the exercising because you feel great! :rotfl:

By the way cute picture of Fred Flintstone to represent your crunchy knees! :rotfl:
 
Dear Sonja,
Have a great time at the cabin :happydance: Enjoy the new vehicle & Hubby :blush: congratulations on
Your "A" in that class :egypdance:
Decembers coming up fast.....
Sincerely,
Diana.....stick body, Big head :rotfl:
 
Abby taught me a very important lesson today!:) I have been babying that knee and for a long time it was for good reason. She put me through drills to test it today though and it passed with flying colors!:happydance: I won't say that the kneecap will not pop out again some day, but right now it is staying with me and enjoying the challenge as much as I am!:egypdance: We are doing fast walking, side stepping, backpedaling, sidestepping the other way and we do it over and over until it become natural! I love it! I am so excited! My life is getting to the NORMAL i had envisioned when I first started this journey! I am able to do things I never thought I could and have stamina I never thought I would have! Life is pretty darned great right now and I can't say enough about Felice and Abby helping me get here through exercise. Abby says "We have a goal weight to reach and we will reach it!" I know she is right!:yahoo:
 
Dear Sonja,
Have a great time at the cabin :happydance: Enjoy the new vehicle & Hubby :blush: congratulations on
Your "A" in that class :egypdance:
Decembers coming up fast.....
Sincerely,
Diana.....stick body, Big head :rotfl:
Diana, I don't have a new hubby, just a tired one! Oh you meant the new vehicle!:rotfl:
 
Well, day 3 of Abby in a row and I am still alive! :happydance:

She pushes me, challenges me, and encourages me to do my best! We did planks (where you are about 12 inches off the floor in a push-up position, with arms locked and extended.). I held each of those for 30 seconds and we did 10! I did harder lateral moves today, and the knee acted like a champ! :happydance: I did step ups and overs alternating feet as fast as I could, until Abby said stop. I did punches with weights for a minute each time. I did a squat where you point your toes out like a ballerina, and go down low! I did a lot more too, and I had fun! I love being challenged! :happydance:

Oh, and for the Biggest loser contest I have lost 4 pounds this week making he total 9 now! :yahoo: :yahoo:
 
I just took a deep breath for you Sonja. :console2: Here's another one. :friends: Relax, keep your inhaler chose by and it will look better in the morning. :mcoffee: Wait, wrong smiley guy... I can't afford this. lol Here you go. :SUNsmile:

Yep, why bother mentioning it popped out doing quarter quad exercises!
Yeah, why bother. :eeeuw: Even in pain you maintain your sense of humor. lol

Good luck with the Dr tomorrow. Keep us Posted "Yuk Yuk!" :flwrysmile:Okay, GUESS WHAT? I just realized this is an old post, but this is where the site took me when I clicked on your link on the "new post" page. I imagine this is the last page I was on of yours... so I'm behind on my reading. I'm gonna post it anyway, because I really did take deep breaths for you and I'm now absolutely sure that things looked better the next day because this post is from 2 weeks ago and we've been :rofsign:since then. Okay, posting and then catching up, backwards I know but "backward is the new forward." I just made that up, but you can use it if you give me props! :egypdance:
 
Okay, so I'm up to date on "As Sonja Turns." :spin: However, as fast as you move, you'll probably do 5 more things before I'm done with this post. You sound like someone I know, only my knees don't work well enough yet to catch up to my mind. :happydance:One day. :yes:

Your progress has definitely been encouraging. Although I must confess I haven't read your thread from the beginning. :shrug: Sue me! :rotfl:

BionicWoman2, no copying me now!

I will try to refrain, but I make no promises. :skep:


Well, it's been a long day... :yawn: Goodnight Moon :sleep:
 
Well, if you had read it from the beginning, you would have seen that where I am now is light years ahead of where I was then! :happydance:
 
I got that from the posts I have read. :yes: Glad you got your life back and someone else's! :yay:

I'm saving my story for the Big Screen. Read the Book, see the Movie, buy the Soundtrack! Wait it's a Musical!:rotfl:
 
Well, you certainly help keep it enteraining that's for sure. Let's see a musical huh Hmmm..... BionicWoman saves the world and her voice ain't too bad either! :rotfl:

BionicWoman2
 
Wow, wow, wow! :yahoo:

I am actually walking up and down our stairs at the cabin NORMALLY! :happydance:

I haven't done stairs like that in so long I can't even remember! :happydance:
 
Wonderful progress report, Sonja!!! What a star you are!!!
 
I guess the best thing about the stairs is; I am doing them WITHOUT the brace and the kneecap is holding very well! Abby has been working hard as a personal trainer this past week trying to get me to "trust the knee again!" :happydance: I know God sent her to help me out after Felice left! I am motivated, and excited again! I feel like I can conquer the world! :heehee:

I have boundless energy, and I love living again! Life as I used to know it, painful, debilitating, depressing, fearful, is no more! I have reached the other side where I am confident, happy, energetic, and pain free! (Well most of the time except from sore muscles from Abby exercises!) :rotfl: That pain is minor and it goes away! I never dreamed I would be doing planks (push-ups held in the up position) for 30 at 12 inches off the floor. Next week, it will be 6 inches off the floor. Then the floor! Wow! :rotfl:

I've come a long way from my days of being 435 pounds, walking like a "penguin" to keep the weight off my knees, and a four wheeled walker w a seat! Anyone who is contemplating surgery let me let you in on my secret to success,

Have faith in yourself and be willing to accept that there will be pain from surgery. That pain lasts temporarily compared to the bone on bone and bone spurs I had. Is recovery easy? Depends on who you ask! Some people do the BoneSmart mantra and have great success. I am one of those who didn't, well I did ice :heehee: and elevate, but I was my own worst enemy at times! Would I do it any differently if I had to have another surgery? Probably not! :rotfl: I have a stubborn streak a mile long. Whatever works best for each person is best. Most people have found comfort in the BoneSmart mantra, and I certainly agree it valuable; I just have a hard time staying still anymore! :heehee:
 
Spent the day at the cabin having fun in this!
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom