Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

:rotfl: , karmigirl!

You are too much! I would hope that NO ONE follows what I did, but takes it as an opportunity to think about their triggers and what sets them off! Stress can be deadly, and when I had a power control principal in charge of the school the last year, I ate my weight in candy! The candy guy knew to hit our route 3 times a week as opposed to one for the other schools,because we would clean out the machine! Snickers, Reese's, or Peanut M&M'S did not stand a chance if I was around! I helped out the school's general fund in a BIG way!

Oh, by the way, if any of YOU are interested, my former school district, and the town that I am living in are 15 miles apart. They are both going to be short over 100 teachers in each district! Sorry, my name won't be on their role but if any of you are interested..... :whistle: :heehee:
 
Dear Sonja,
Sorry about the snickers, I promise no more candy talk :ok: I am amazed at what you are doing in the gym.
You make me look like a slug :rotfl: I have 2more weeks of o.p.therapy, then slowly, hopefully I too can go
Back to the gym ( I didn't cancel my membership )your story about your former student was so inspirational.
You my dear are truly blessed, in your words & your actions.
Have a nice weekend :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June,

You had nothing to do with my snickers attack! I had a conflict from the past that was unresolved and I reverted to the way I used to handle it! Stuffing my face with chocolate, and not even tasting what I ate. You see, an emotional food addict like me, will use food as a stress reliever if I don't catch it in time. I zone out, and the whole bag is GONE! That is not about enjoyment, that is about trying to fill an empty aching stressful past even with food instead of dealing with it. Well, I am only human and it won't get me down! :happydance:

I am Woman Hear Me Roar,

Signed

The "Shy One" :blush:
 
Oh, speaking of Roaring, I just wanted to shout.....

Capsie is back in the groove! Michelle, who replaced Valerie is wonderful! Chris couldn't get it back in, but this is the second time that Michelle has! :happydance:
 
Dear Sonja,
I hope you will be done with all your master's work soon :) the warriors will be visiting joe
August 26. I have arranged for a stop over to visit you & stock up with cases & cases of "Texas tea" :happydance:
I told them no drinking on the plane :heehee:
Please inform me when they visit &plan a bit of sight-seeing before they leave.
Thanks, your the best... :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June,

I am battling "Capsie" and pain right now, so I will welcome the warriors with open arms! I don't think one case of TX tea will be enough though so I will send a pallet instead! :wink:

Those Warriors have learned so many neat things haven't they. They can greet Joe and his wife with "Howdy Y'all". In their Stetsons cowboy boots, jeans, an muscle shirts, that say "Texas Two Step, Irish Jig, Let's sit down and eat some ribs!" :rotfl:
 
Good morning Sonya,
I just read on Toni's thread that capsie was acting up :gaah: I am sorry about your pain & certainly
Your professor has some compassion for you, after all you have gone through :) I spoke with the warriors
& we have decided to postpone their visit in August. ( I'm sure joe & swmbo will be happy) :heehee:
I have them on a whale watch cruise today out of cape cod. Then out for lobsta & chowda, what could possibly
Go wrong :whistle:
I hope you feel better :beg: & have a restful weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Toni!

Never thought I would be back on pain pills; but it has gotten pretty bad. I have a lot of swelling under and around the kneecap (yes we are icing) :) and Capsie is very upset right now! Thanks for keeping the warriors busy and feeding them lots of chowda and lobtsa! :rotfl: Please be careful about the whale watching though; they have ridden some mighty big bulls, and you might hear one suddenly on top of a whale yelling Ride em Cowboy and Yeehaw! :happydance:
 
All kidding aside Sonya, you are a strong and wonderful woman who is an inspiration to so many! I for one was inspired by you!

Now on to the important stuff, the invitation to the bungee/skydiving/freestyle water skiing event is in the mail...hahahha! Not embossed as per request! :rotfl: :bicycle1:
 
I was seeing in another thread that you need a note from the doc so you can get an incomplete. Heck it's hard enough to do those papers when you're *not* on pain meds. ;) Perhaps if Dr. Maale is AWOL you can get a note from someone else in the office.
 
Well, Ami is working on that for me! I was in such a down mood yesterday, can't imagine why; worked on paper until 5:30am again, only to realize when I woke up at 10:00 it was just another bunch of gobbledygook! Then I call Maale's office twice and get Ami's voicemail. Well, :heehee: I have her personal cell number so I texted everything that was going on, and she put me ahead of several calls because she wanted to get the pain meds sent right away! She is a Sweetheart :happydance: , and always is, but she and I both know Dr. Maale's protocol on EVERYTHING! He wants to be informed; so she will be calling him as he is recuperating to fill him in on all his patients, and I'm sure I will get my letter! :happydance: He wouldn't dare make his model patient upset, he would never know what I might say to the next group of doctors he brought in! LOL :rotfl:
 
Dear Sonya,
I hope this morning finds you pain free :) ami sounds like a sweetheart, I'm glad she can help you.
The warriors had a marvelous time whale watching :happydance: "buns of steel" fell overboard, but all
Is well.
I'm sorry they are now talking "Bostonian" you know...pahk the caha in Harvad yahd....not a yeeee..haaaaaa
In the bunch.
They are drinking Sam Adams & going to "dunks" every morning.
Have a relaxing Sunday,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Actually,

My knee feels better today than it has in awhile! :happydance: Michelle my new PTA, tried to get "Capsie" back in place Friday but no luck. It was so swollen. I had only ridden the bike about 7 minutes when the pain hit and had not done any other exercises! Michelle iced it, tried again, did ice and IFC, and Rick did Lymphedema treatments, and Michelle said no more today. She looked at me, and said " Don't slip around the corner and get on the bike or the elliptical!" We know you too well! Well. They did, so Kristen was a "Sweetheart" and escorted me to mr car! :rotfl:
 
Glad to hear that things are improving a bit with capsie - must be hard not to be tempted to overdo things and get back to resting and icing
:friends:
 
Yes,

kneeper

It is o difficult! I have been averaging 6 miles a day walking, 8-12 miles a day biking, and 3 miles a day on the elliptical. The alter-g treadmill is something I do 3 times a week and I miss it!

Tomorrow, we will see if "Capsie" will behave so I can resume some of my activities! :happydance:
 
Hi Sonja,
Just checking in, to say that I hope Capsie behaves a bit better today!

I hope that Dr Maale recovers well from his surgery and that he is soon back to work. Once we get a good doctor, we rely on him/her so much! Our own GP is so good - we've been with him for about 30 years and he's one of the main reasons we have stayed in this town, now that our kids have flown the coop and we don't have to consider stable schooling arrangements for them.

Caryl
 
Chris, got that rascally sucker back in place today! He was very determined, and although I wished I had a bullet to bite on while he was doing it, it stopped hurting afterwards! It is feeling much better! They allowed me to do PT, but again, escorted me out the door saying I had done enough for one day! :shrug: :heehee:
 
I'm glad that capsie is back in its place - hoping that capsie's good behaviour continues :dancy:
 
Back
Top Bottom