Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Dear Sonja,
You are an inspiration to everyone you meet :) your attitude is contagious....I am so happy for you :SUNsmile:
Prayers really do help :angel:
All my best to you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for being so nice! BoneSmarties truly ARE the Best! Imitations are out there but they have nothing on us! :)

As everyone knows, I have a hard time breaking out of my shell, but I must not be SHY all the time! Prayers are the best medicine ever! :angel:
 
Sonya, you're doing great!

Dr Maale sounds like a true gem of a specialist.

I'm still swimming - have hit a few new bumps in the road (how's that for a mixed metaphor?) but we are coping.
Caryl :flwrysmile:
 
Sonja,
So glad to hear your good news. Life is good. Continue your journey my friend. We are behind you.
 
I start back to PT tomorrow! Dr. Maale said to get back to strengthening the VMO, so that's what I will do! "Capsie" has been very good since Tuesday when Melinda ( brain tired) hope that's her name put it back!

My biggest struggle is tonight and tomorrow! I have fallen behind with all the traveling and I have an 8 am deadline on my thesis! I also have 2 assignments to turn in before Tuesday at 8am for my law class! Swimming.. Swimming... Drowning...
 
Sonja,
I know trying to keep up with school work and work on recovery is exhausting. When I went back for my Master's I was doing it while working full time, had 2 children in grade school and taught a Diversion class for first time offenders one night a week. When I look back I don't know how I did it ( very supportive husband helped a lot) but I do know one thing.... It was so worth it! You are working towards something you have chosen and you want. You will make it! And... Your success will be sweet.
 
Well.... Thanks Sophie, but here I am at 3:00 am, and I have an 8 am deadline on this thesis! I still have four chapters to summarize, and reflect upon this morning! Toothpicks are no longer working for my eyes, as Mr. Sandman is singing me a lullaby! :sleep: I already drank one 5 hour energy, and now I am thinking about a second! This isn't like me dog gonit! :thud:
 
You go girl... :) I hope you get a second wind, & get everything done. Just keep your eye on the prize :happydance:
Victory is so sweet :egypdance: please keep us posted....
Thinking of you always,
Swimming, Sonya, swimming,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Sonja,
I am supposing by now you have completed everything you needed to get done. I am sure you are exhausted. When I was in graduate school I had a very perceptive professor that noticed my tendency to "overachieve." He made me contract with him that I would only get a "B" in his class - not strive for the "A." We compromised because he started off wanting me to get a "C.) That man taught me a lot. Not saying this is the case for you, just saying.........
Take care of yourself.
 
Sonja,
I am supposing by now you have completed everything you needed to get done. I am sure you are exhausted. When I was in graduate school I had a very perceptive professor that noticed my tendency to "overachieve :rotfl: ." He made me contract with him that I would only get a "B" in his class - not strive for the "A." We compromised because he started off wanting me to get a "C.) That man taught me a lot. Not saying this is the case for you, just saying.........
Take care of yourself.
Well. Hello everyone!
Sophie,

I hate to admit it, but yes, all I have made is A's since I started graduate school. Now as the story goes, I had to write a thesis about "Why I would be a Good Conflict Mediator?" My undergraduate grades were not pretty, more like the stuff of nightmares, as I recall going to class once every two weeks so I wouldn't get reported to my Track Coach!
Had one professor in Physiology come and meet me special in the hall before class one day! I was impressed, he called me by my last name! Anywhoooo..... He said.....Ms. Brekke, I recommend that you drop this class and take it again next semester with a little more enthusiasm! I asked him, Well, what is my grade? He said the best you can do is possible C if you attend the rest of the classes. I said, and if I miss a couple? He said, a D and I said well that's good enough for me! Funny how times change huh!
Growing older growing wiser! I am so glad he didn't have anything to throw at me! He told me that I was wasting my potential, I was an A student, and then 3 years later Mom got her Nursing degree and he got his Brekke with an A! By the way, he still remembered me! :rotfl:
 
Oh, and I did not turn in the thesis! When I finished proof reading that sucker at 7:55, I hit the word count and I was over by 1000! Guess I got kind of "chatty during the night, so if he doesn't extend me mercy,I will receive a 10% grade reduction! Oh well, it is what it is! As I was rushing,and I still have those other two assignments to go, it hit me! My hubby sacrificed everything yesterday,including sleeping in our bed so I could work on my paper. My office is in our bedroom. Well, no more of that! He came in,supplied, back rubs, and neck rubs, and provided water and snacks. He cooked and took care of the dogs!

He deserves the A! :yahoo:
 
Well, my professor extended me Mercy!

He knew about my trip to Dallas from the group discussion boards and he told me I have until Friday! Wow! Thank you Lord, for putting me in the path of empathetic Professors! :happydance:

Now, the other two are still due in the morning, but I can get them done! One is 3/4 complete, and the other will take about an hour. When I leave PT, I am going to the store, and making my hubby's favorite dish, Mexican Casserole!
 
Sonja,
Thank god for an understanding professor. Now you are swimming with the tide :happydance:
Take care & have a wonderful night with your hubby :egypdance:
Now, ace those papers !!!!!
Diana :friends:
 
I actually bought a package of coconut m&m's...they were pretty good, but not as good as the peanut butter ones, my secret sin!
 
Thanks new knee in June, and Dhare63!

Thanks for sharing your stories about your enjoyment of your M&M'S! Would anyone else like to chime in on their favorite? Everyone already knows mine! Those littles fellas dance in my dreams! :rotfl:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom