Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja,
Are we all invited to the BIG graduation party? When where time etc???? Just kidding I am so happy for you that it is almost here, you have worked so hard and long to achieve this goal and it sure will be worth it. Always love Rose
 
Sonja,
I told the warriors to keep their calendars open for mid-december :dancy: they are very excited for you :rotfl:
"Texas tea" will be flowing :cheers2:
Your puppy's are adorable :puppysmooze:
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
The neat thing a bout my graduation is it will be live online, or you can catch it anytime. I will provide the link! After all, BoneSmart is a part of my FAMILY! :happydance:
 
Hello Sonja,
I hope all is well with you :) I know you are busy right now, but I need your expertise on going back to the gym.
Without over doing it ( am I really asking you ) :heehee: I will be 3 months on sept. 3, 2013,total left knee,
Rom 130-0. I just finished o.p therapy :egypdance:
This is what I do daily for exercise:
My at home stretching 2 times a day : leg lifts, heel slides, clam shells & exercises from therapy : balance, bike riding,
Side walking with rubber band, ball against the wall & knee bends for thigh strength.
I walk 20 min. A day.. Flat & up hills
I also practice stairs once a day & just started back to work ( I walk for 3 hours, but can sit & ice when I want )
I ice & elevate 3 times a day after work & exercising.
Now, this is where you come in ( please be gentle with me ) :beg: I love the recumbent bike, at therapy I was at 20 min
2 resistance. Before surgery I was doing 6 miles in 25 min.
I also loved rowing, but feel it might be to stressful getting down to the machine.
The tread mill would be good...how long do you think to start. I also love the upper body machines.
Do you know of any other exercises for leg muscles....especially thigh muscles.
I also have access to a pool at work ( high school) I can use anytime, I have the key :whistle:
I feel it is time to get moving.....for my blood pressure & over all health. I lost 25 lbs. when I was going to the gym
Gained back 15 when I had to stop because of my knee, lost 8 lbs from surgery.
I am 5'4 & 163 lbs.
Sorry this is so long...but you are the best in this area. Thank you for any help you can give in setting me up with
Some kind of gym schedule.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Diana,

The ellipitical set at 7 gives a very good workout and is not as hard on the knees as the treadmill! You may want to start with a lower setting and work your way up, but do short bursts. Do a min as fast as you can 30 sec cool down then 1 1/2 if you were comfortable w one and 30 sec cool down. Up the intervals until you are a little out of breath (not like a broken winded horse) :rotfl: and you will be fine. I have the resistance at 2 also. Experiment w this and I will get back to you! new knee in June
 
Sonja,
You look so awesome. I didn't recognize you, you look that different. I love the exercise tips. I have an elliptical machine, but wasn't sure how to go about it. I can get low, so is the rower good for us??
Thank you!!
 
Sonja,
You look so awesome. I didn't recognize you, you look that different. I love the exercise tips. I have an elliptical machine, but wasn't sure how to go about it. I can get low, so is the rower good for us??
Thank you!!

I don't know about the rower. I haven't used it. Talk to your OS and see. It is so nice to hear from you again! Thanks for the compliment! :friends:
 
Dear Sonja,
What a nice compliment :) but, it is the other way around.i have gone back to work :dancy: I went to the gym
Once this week & rode recumbent bike 25 min. On 2, also some upper body machines for 20 min. I have to be
Careful with my I-pod music or I will kill myself :heehee: I am a rocking roll girl at heart. I do walk at work for 4 hours
A night. I love the rowing machine ( all over body ) & will ask if I can do it.
How was your vacation at the cabin ? I know you had a great time :happydance: a little wrestling never hurt anyone.
I haven't been posting much...I'm doing great & have only good things to report. I do check on brownie & Toni &
:angel: for them every night.
How is " capsie" behaving ? I hope all is well with you & can't wait to see your graduation on line.
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dearest Sonja,
I don't need any fast songs :beg: my point in my recovery is slllloooooowwwwww & easy :dancy: I don't want to set
Myself back. I know the song you are talking about, I am more into ac/dc heavy metal kick- butt rock & roll. :yahoo:
I may exercise with no music for awhile, then work my way up to my I-pod :egypdance:
Have a wonderful :SUNsmile: day,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Can't seem to log in to answer your message. Will keep trying.
 
Dearest Sonja,
I don't need any fast songs :beg: my point in my recovery is slllloooooowwwwww & easy :dancy: I don't want to set
Myself back. I know the song you are talking about, I am more into ac/dc heavy metal kick- donkey rock & roll. :yahoo:
I may exercise with no music for awhile, then work my way up to my I-pod :egypdance:
Have a wonderful :SUNsmile: day,
Diana :flwrysmile:

Dearest Diana,

I give you ALL these wonderful ideas, run a marathon, swim 26 miles, bike 100 miles, and yet you COMPLAIN! :shrug: I just don't understand HOW you could ignore the wonderful advice of a self- proclaimed exercise guru! :rotfl:

By the way I understood your reference to Donkey! :heehee:
 
Sonya,
I am just a stick with a big head :rotfl: :loll:
Have a great Labor Day weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom