Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I will let everyone know as soon as I can! PooShay, as Dhare63 said the reference is to the Dori Fish! Scroll back a few pages and you will see a short movie clip that Jo put on my thread for me! :happydance:

My goodness I am going crazy! I should have said NightQuilter
 
Good Luck Sonja, hope you get the answers you want and need from your doctor. I will be thinking of you next week when we go to the EAA, wish you would be there.
 
Sonja,
Can't wait to hear from you. Hope all is going well with Dr. Maale. Please let us know as soon as you get a chance what he has to say. Really pulling for you kid.
 
Ok... Results are in......... :scary:

Well..... Scary for the PT's that is because Dr. Maale is sending me right back TO them! :rotfl: I told him they wanted to stop PT because of the kneecap popping out, and he said "the only thing that might help in your case would be a patellaectomy!" Then, he said, you have too much strength in your muscles for that, the PT's will need to heed the mods I am sending! He had several doctors in the room that wanted to meet his "miracle 50 case" and he asked if they could know my name! I said sure, after all. I AM making history after all, and even Dr. Maale laughed. He will be opening practices in Lubbock, Oklahoma, Florida and I forget the fourth one! More Bone Smarties will have access to him in the future! He is a pilot and will be flying in! :happydance:

Feisty Felice and I revised my lifestyle plan and unfortunately, I cannot find one mention of M&M'S! :shrug:
 
Good Luck Sonja, hope you get the answers you want and need from your doctor. I will be thinking of you next week when we go to the EAA, wish you would be there.

Debbie, this will be behind me next year and I plan on being there! :happydance:
 
:egypdance::happydance: :tada:
I am sure when Capsie heard about possible removal:scary:staying in the groove, will be the cool thing to do.
 
Sonja,
No more surgery ? :happydance: our prayers have been answered ! Back to p.t....and the life you choose
To live.
We are so happy for you :happydance: :dancy: :spin: I' m sure felice only over looked the m&m's
Continue swimming...full steam ahead....
All my best,
Diana :friends:
 
Whew. See [bullet being dodged]. I remember another ortho I had way back when, when I started having knee issues, saying that the groove on the bottom of the fib that the kneecap slides in is shallower and wider in women than in men. He had me focus on strengthening the quads. It worked. Assuming all that is true, if you are stronger on one side than the other, it makes sense that it would be pulling the alignment off and, hence, the problemos. Felice!!

Thanks for the swimming reference - love, love, love Dori/Ellen. The clip is, however, gone. sigh. 'tis a reminder that now that I have the strength to pull myself up out of the pool on the side ladders, that I need to make like a Dori. Loved being back in the water when I scuba dived in Hawaii in the spring - so did my "youngsters!"

Go Sonja - lovin' the smile and the all new you!
 
I am glad Dr. M explains everything for you and gives you specific advice. That right there is so reassuring. I hope the PT can keep your kneesie where it's supposed to be!
I am finally in my pool and it's wonderful...so therapeutic and easy to do those exercises with that nice warm water and buoyancy. Good luck Sonja!
 
Glad you are able to avoid surgery, Sonja. Though I can't believe they overlooked the healing power of M&Ms! :heehee:
 
Glad you are able to avoid surgery, Sonja. Though I can't believe they overlooked the healing power of M&Ms! :heehee:

That is a VERY GOOD argument kneeper!

I believe that I will bring that up to Felice! :happydance: I will tell her it came from a "wonderful" reference, so it must be true! :rotfl:

I believe she was saying "No" to that as the medicinal "remnants" wrappers and box of Carmel's fell out my backpack though, so I'd better wait a little while! :rotfl:
 
I forgot to tell you that Dr. Maale pressed on for answers about my knee turning 180 degrees in bed several months ago. He is very thorough! He contacted the engineers on the project and wanted to know how it could happen. They said "well theoretically , it could because your knee is is different from any other thereby eliminating the hinge in the traditional sense but it shouldn't! He said he has been training doctors, and doctors in other countries are now using this knee, and he has done quite a few more and I am the ONLY recorded case!

I told Dr. Maale, "see I told you I would make history for you! You have lots of material to talk about when you go on speaking circuits!"
:heehee:

There were 5 doctors in the room with him, because I have become the vision of what they want to be able to share with their patients!

A woman who limped in in pain but was willing to try anything, followed the protocol, found a new life and is so thankful to be out and living IT! I walk into the waiting room and I see a lot of the former me's there. I tell them there is hope, and they say, "You don't understand, you haven't been where I am!"
I smile and say, "Everyone has their own journey, but mine lasted through 8 MRSA battles, left knee replacement with MRSA pneumonia, and right knee replacement with MRSA. Then washout, debridement, and spacer replacement, then antibiotics for life. Then knee revision, c-diff from antibiotics. Having knee turn black from lack of circulation, until Lymphedema fixed it. A patella that is STILL ornery after 14 months!

So, no we probably haven't had the same journey! We all face different issues. We can choose how we react to them! Do I rant and rave sometimes? Heck yes! Ask my Bone Smart buddies who support me, my Mom and friend Felice who support me, and ESPECIALLY my husband who loves me! But I choose to be happy most of the time, and that is just me! The smile is real, I make no pretense, I am who I am!

Funny how talking to one person, has the waiting room listening! :rotfl: None of them would ever had guessed I weighed 435 pounds before surgery! LOL. Even the office staff comes to life! I love living, and it shows! That is who I am, in the good days and the bad and I have The Lord who watches over me!

How could I not be greatful! But they say "You don't look sick!" I tell them I'm not anymore! I am "on the other side!" :happydance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom