Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hey sista... Great grades, you're doing marvelous darling, now if that stupid "capsie" could just leave you alone!:hissy:

Ya know, even if capsie does behave now and then you could still tell Pat that you need a massage.:whistle: Might as well take advantage of it!:)
 
Yes, yes, yes Jacky48! :happydance:

My hubby and I are making a lot of progress because I finally broke down and told him about my past (the whole story!). He has been amazing! We are more in love than ever now that I have brought that barrier down! He said he always knew there was something I wasn't telling him that was driving a wedge between us, but he wasn't going to pressure me! :happydance:

We have had a road with hills and valleys, and I'm sure every marriage has a few of those, but we are learning to negotiate the valleys, and miss the hairpin turns as much as possible! Going to the Practicum had me doing a lot of soul searching, and I realized I wasn't talking to Pat, I was talking at Pat. Big difference! :whistle:
 
Ok, thought I would update my latest picture and the start of my journey picture! :happydance:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Well, today was the last day of PT until Dr. Maale decides what he is going to do about "Capsie". I am frustrated to say the least! :gaah:
I have worked my butt off doing what they asked in PT, and then they tell ME I am doing TOO much! Tomorrow I am driving to Fort Worth to visit Felice, and on Thursday she will go with me to the doctor to help me make sense out of what I need to do next! To say I am flabbergasted would be mild at this point; it felt like Chris was dropping the weight of the world on MY shoulders. He said I should come in on my own and do a "little" easy biking! I said what about the elliptical and the alter-g treadmill? He said no! I said, "I might as well stay home and lay on the couch then, if that is all you will allow me to do!" After all I am a former couch potato! He just looked at me and said bike only! :headbang:
 
Just keep swimming, Sonja - but gently! - just enough to keep your head above water. :tada: :console2:

PS: You look great now. Well done! Thanks for the photos!
 
Patience my friend, patience....

You are so young, and can get back to your training later. I know you hate to give up the momentum, but you need to keep your eyes on the prize. So if slowing it down is the suggested pace, it will be fine. Work on core conditioning instead, let the next steps unfold and chin up.

As referee54 would say, patience grasshopper!
 
hi RestAssured

I really understand how frustrated you must feel after all of the work you have put into your rehab to be told that you have to stop.

Can you exercise in the water with a tough water aerobics programme that will not place any pressure on your kneecap. When I was waiting for my surgery I spent 5-7 hours a week doing water aerobics which kept my muscles working and I could even spend about 50% of the time doing deep water running which was wonderful
:kittykiss:
 
:console2: Keep the faith kiddo, you will return with a vengeance my dear! Remember this is just a setback not a defeat! (((HUGS))) You have come a long way and you WILL go farther! Swim little fishy, swim......
 
Sonja,
Sorry to hear the new news. When do you see Dr Maale? Your picture is looking GOOD. You go girl. Also sorry to hear no PT until you see Dr., but I'm sure it is for the best. Can't be good the CAPSIE is not behaving herself. Since I knew you pretty well I know you will come out on top of all of this. Stay well my friend and know that I am always praying for you and some extras in times of need. Let me hear from you when you have a minute.
 
I cannot believe I lost track of your thread - and you (except on others' threads!). Of course when I stopped getting any email notices of postings, I lost so many! I feel like I have missed so much.

How heartening to learn the relief you got from Pat's massage (and the prayers of your BS friends!!). I do hope you get a reasonable solution for Capsie soon. You have done such an amazing job, not only in recovery and school, but for every one of us on BS whose lives and recovery you have touched! It is a gift!
 
Well, tomorrow is the big day! I see Dr. Maale at 9:00 am and Fiesty Felice is going with me! We are going to figure out a plan!:happydance: The funny thing is when Michelle put "Capsie" back in yesterday both of us FINALLY felt it go over the groove and into place! I had Pat massage it after I had iced it last night and it is still in! I had to use a "kiddie" commode today, and I was able to bring myself up!:happydance: No dislocated knee! And today when I heard those fateful words keep that foot straight, I knew I was in the presence of Felice! :heehee: She also gave me a wonderful massage and I feel so much better! I am ready to face whatever Dr. Maale says.

Thanks for the prayers and the well wishes! Bone Smarties are the BEST!:thankyou:
 
Oh by the way, I am going shopping for new athletic shoes tomorrow! Mine are worn out and too wide for my feet. Then Felice and I are gong to Kirkland's to buy a mirror for the cabin, and a box to hold my keys! I can't seem to keep track of them anymore! Don't know why! After all I have NOTHING else on my mind! Swimming... Swimming.... Swimming....:thud:
 
I just got two new pairs - the New Balance 990s felt the best, gave me the stability I need, and are still made in the US. Other "stable" shoes did not feel as stable.

Sonja - would that Michelle's treatment and Pat's massages did the trick! Glad you got relief anyway. And along the way, I missed all the references to swimming. I assume it is literal?
 
Good luck today at the doctor's :) I am glad felice is going with you, a bit of support is wonderful :SUNsmile:
Your picture is awesome, look at that smile :yes: you have worked so hard & it shows.
Please keep us up-dated on your app.
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom