Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Surely to God you don't mean more wrestling?

Well, ........ No at this point the wrestling has settled down!

The knee went bad today, and the pain started up. So, No, no wrestling in the near future! More likely surgery to tighten down the pesky "Capsie" ! :groan:
 
Sonja, that kneecap needs a severe talking-to. On a serious note (unusual for me), I shall have a word with God to do a bit of maintenance there for you. Joe
 
Thank you Joe! As you know, I am pretty lighthearted myself usually, but tonight I am crying. :cry:

I hurt worse than I have in a long time! :scary:
 
You poor lamb. It must be what we here call "a hoor of a pain" to make you of all people cry. But , I'm told that crying actually helps a bit. That may explain why men can get so cross and cuss all the time ; men don't cry y'see. Unless they get a letter from Revenue or similar. I'm off to bed shortly, it's a quarter past midnight here and SWMBO has abandoned me to my fate while she swans off with her sister and husband to see her brother in the South West for a couple of days , so I shall mention you to Him Upstairs in the quiet of my lonely bed. Be at peace my friend, all will be well. Joe
 
Oh, dear Sonja,
I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain :console2: do you have pain meds you can take?
I think I will join joe tonight & say a :angel: for you.
May the good lord above give you peace & comfort.
Hugs to you :friends:
Diana
 
Thank you Joe and Diana! My hubby is going to rub my knee for me tonight! No, there are no code words hidden in the meaning either! :wink:

You were writing at the same time as I was Wanda! Thanks to you too! :angel:
Thank you both for the prayers! I am a big believer in prayer!
 
My dear Sonja. I have followed your thread since my TKR in April of this year. You have been a great source of information, an uplifting shot in the arm when I needed it most, and a tremendous inspiration to so many people. But, all that being said, you are also human and face the trials and tribulations of this surgery like all who endure it. Please please allow yourself time to grieve your misfortunes and struggles but...also know that there is tremendous power in prayer and you are being held up in prayer at this moment. We are with you....as. You have been with us.
 
(((Hugs))))

Let the tears flow, they are not meant to be hoarded but shared. We are here with you in all ways my friend!

If you want a little smile, I found out I can run on my TKR...to the bathroom! Colonoscopy in the morning equals lots of running tonight!
 
Well, time for an update! My hubby gave my knee a through rub down a couple of hours ago, and we both heard a loud "pop". Then, the pain vanished! :happydance:

God answered our prayers, and He put just the right touch in for Pat!

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. I realize this is not a permanent fix; I am sure that surgery will be coming soon, but to be out of pain, is the best feeling I could possibly have right now!

Now, back to the books, and "Just Keep Swimming!" :snork:

Dhare63,

I have to have colonoscopies more often than most, because they found precancerous polyps! The last one was normal, so I get to wait 5 years now. It had been every year, and you are right "running to the bathroom is all you o!" :wink:
 
(((Hugs))))

Let the tears flow, they are not meant to be hoarded but shared. We are here with you in all ways my friend!

If you want a little smile, I found out I can run on my TKR...to the bathroom! Colonoscopy in the morning equals lots of running tonight!
It may be a tad bit late to tell you this, but instead of applying Vaseline to soothe you through this phase of your prep, Desitin is definitely your best friend! (Wish I'd figured that out sooner).
 
Dulcimer Diva,

What you say about prayers is true! We are studying Law and Different Religions this semester! I have learned a lot about the Jewish faith, the Islamic faith, will be learning about the Hindu faith as well as others! The point of the class is "As Peace Makers," we need to understand everyone's culture, religion, and various other traits if we are to be non-biased as Mediatiors.

Thank you for your prayers as well!

Sonja :happydance:
 
sophie03,

Thanks so much for the uplifting post! Sometimes when I am writing, I get stuck on this or that and I am glad that you can sort through my ramblings, and still find things that help you! The pain is GONE!

The Lord listened, as did God to many different people! I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart! I hadn't hurt like that in a long time, and I hope it will be a long time before I do again! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom