Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja, just for you a Dory fish. And for good measure here are two more
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
. Now you have no excuse not to just keep swimming.



 
Well thank you Judy and Jo, and the rest of the crew! I finished one of the assignments today in my law class, have got my part ready for our group discussion tomorrow, am 3/4 of the way through my practicum paper that is due on the 12th, so I would say, the swimming is going well..... Swimmingly right now! :snork: :rotfl:
 
Sonja,
You go girl :) your determination is to be admired by all of us. I believe Texas woman are head-strong,& nothing
Can stop them once they see the brass ring at the end. Shy, you say, also
I hope your knee doesn't bother you to much & you met all your dead lines :angel:
Thinking of you & hugs coming at you.....now swim Sonja, swim......
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Diana,

The funny part is most of the time the kneecap doesn't bother me even if it is out of place. I have had a couple of exceptions to this when I could actually feel it being ripped all the way back to the side a couple of times though. Once it is there, it doesn't hurt, but the knee becomes unstable of course! Something about having a kneecap putting pressure on one side, while the other is fighting to catch up does not bode well for the person who is trying to stand upright! It's like those doggone warriors! They would fight over me to see who could get the most attention, and before I knew it I had formed a bond with "Rocko!" Intelligence like a box of rocks,but he is VERY attentive! :rotfl: :rotfl: new knee in June
 
He said Dr. Maale will probably need to do a lateral release now. I need to know if this sounds feasible and how long the recovery time is. I have 10 days between semesters for the surgery, will that be enough for surgery and recovery?


Have you talked with Dr. Maale about this yet? Just as Jo had mentioned, there are several different ways to perform a lateral release. They include a full open procedure, a limited visualization method (small incision), and arthroscopic. The method used would have most to do with your surgeons experience, comfort with each procedure, and your particular clinical situation. Sometimes there are other procedures that can be added to the release to make it more successful, something like imbricating (tightening) the VMO attachment. This would require a slightly bigger surgery. Your recovery time would depend on the type of surgery that is indicated.

Let us know what happens when you talk to your OS.

Orthodoc
 
Oh, no no no! I don't even want to THINK about the VMO tightening possibility! :scary: It has been through enough trauma, and it is responding. The lateral release would be ok if Dr. Maale agrees to laparoscopic surgery. I am afraid if any other options are mentioned, I will be waiting until I graduate in December.

I missed two semesters to the knee revision, and the course is taught once a year!

Thank you for the explanations, Orthodoc
 
Ok, talked to Dr. Maale's MA today and Amy said that they wanted to see me. I told her about my "schedule". She laughed and told me about Dr. Maale's agenda! He doesn't want my knee to fail, so I will visit him the 25th of July, get back on crutches, go light on PT unless Amy calls me back and says cancel it completely for now. Then we will discuss my break in August for surgery. He is hardheaded, but so am I! If I have to give up walking until then, I will. But, I won't throw 5,000 dollars down the drain in school fees! :gaah:
 
Jo, you crack me up!:giggle: Gosh, how would I like for Dr. Maale to do it? Hmmm.... well laproscopic sounds best, but I have a little secret! :wink: Seems I am more limber than I thought and my hubby and I had fun this morning. When we finished "playing" the kneecap was sliding back in the groove!:happydance: :rotfl:

Now, I have walked around all day with just the brace, logged 3 miles and it has not offered to slip out once! Maybe our "wrestling" was the cure I needed!:heehee:

I will be cautiously optimistic, after all we can always "wrestle" again!:whistle:
 
Dear Sonja,
Do you recommend this "wrestling" to all knee replacement folks :rotfl: it looks like all your practice with
The warriors has paid off&your hubby is reaping the benefits :heehee:
My hubby keeps asking, &i tell him to leave me alone :blush:
He has been imaging wickedness, & has now added my cpm machine in his fantasies :loll:
What a great post to wake up to.....your attitude is awesome....
Have a great Sunday & keep on wrestling....maybe this should be added to the bonesmart mantra :rofsign:
Diana :martini:
 
Hi RestAssured Are we ever going to get you straightened out? You will be pleased to hear I stuck with standing up for myself. One caring angel, on my second post op day was very reluctant to help me back to bed after I had been to the washroom,went for a walk in the hallway with the PTs and sat in a chair for 45 minutes! She said the only way she would "allow" me to go back to bed was if I got up at lunch time! I told her I would get up if I felt up to it. Thankfully another nurse was in the room and told her I was doing very well and I could go to bed and get up when I felt like it. No more problems with her!:snork:
Got to go and give hubby list for store. chat later
Wanda
 
Sonja,
Traditional wrestling is a wonderful training activity for your VMO. During the wrestling the VMO was being trained to work cooperatively with your leg, pelvis, trunk, shoulder girdle, head and neck, learning when to fire in concert with the rest of your muscles. I suspect your VMO training up to now has been in isloation, and the VMO was confused about when to fire, or not.
Just remember a little goes a long way, please wrestle in moderation, you are not 20 anymore.:egypdance:
 
inspojo and Pumpkln, you are both kidding, aren't you? You don't really think Sonja and her hubby were engaging in traditional wrestling like you see at high schools!!! They were having much more fun than that:heehee:
 
Sonja,
You have made poor joe :thud: I say. To add to our mantra, wrestling & swimmimg :yahoo:
Dr. Sonya's orders :happydance: :happydance:
Take care,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Yes, wresting seems to be doing the trick! That mean ole "Capsie" doesn't know what hit it and my hubby has "volunteered" to wrestle with me again tonight "for the sake of strengthening my knee! I think I will take him up on it as I am feeling like some fun seeking tonight!:yahoo:
 
Are you perhaps having a heatwave in Texas these days/nights? Be aware that fighting in these conditions can bring on a coroner's trombone...Joe
 
Back
Top Bottom