Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well,

It is time for a reality check! :headbang: Sure, my knee felt good in Abilene, but part of the time at the last the kneecap had slipped to the outside. When Chris my PT and I talked yesterday, and again today, he had to try and get the kneecap back on track. He can get it there, but when I bend it, it pops back out. He said that even though we have built up strength in the VMO, that the muscles on the outside of the knee continued to strengthen also! :shocked: Not a good equation, as they were already strong. Now they are pulling hard on the kneecap and it pops out. He said Dr. Maale will probably need to do a lateral release now. I need to know if this sounds feasible and how long the recovery time is. I have 10 days between semesters for the surgery, will that be enough for surgery and recovery? Josephine, Orthodoc. To say I'm frustrated right now would be an understatement! :gaah:
 
He said Dr. Maale will probably need to do a lateral release now. I need to know if this sounds feasible and how long the recovery time is. I have 10 days between semesters for the surgery, will that be enough for surgery and recovery?
That's what was going through my head as I was reading your post, Sonja. A lateral release is usually done as a semi-closed procedure or probably arthroscopic. In the old days, we just inserted a special guarded knife into a small stab wound and cut by feel. I expect they're a bit more sophisticated than that nowadays! As for recovery, it's not a major procedure so I would expect it to take maybe a week or two for things to settle down. Sounds like it could just do the trick.
 
Sonja,
Please take care...so sorry this happened to you :gaah: please keep us posted...
Wishing you only the best :angel:
Diana
 
Thank you everyone. Josephine, Chris mentioned the arthroscopic procedure, so that sounds pretty good then. I just need to survive 6 more weeks!

Dhare63,

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming, even though the ocean is a tidal wave right now huh! ;0) :heehee:
 
Sonja,
Please take care...so sorry this happened to you :gaah: please keep us posted...
Wishing you only the best :angel:
Diana

Diana, since I am quite busy now, can you take the warriors to your house for a little while? Heaven only knows what would happen if Joe got them back! :rotfl:
 
Sonja,
I think 3 of the warriors are with my way in the hospital. :) I would be more than happy to take the
Rest of the lads.
The temp. In mass. Today will be 100 degrees.. :tantrum: send them with plenty of Texas tea or they will get dehydrated.
I will leave 1 with you to take care of any chores you may have.
Happy 4 th of July & please rest.
Thinking of you & wishing you only the best....
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Well,

I haven't had time to rest, but when I figure out what that is I will give it a shot! Felice is leaving tomorrow, so we have been working out my upper body and some on lower body, strengthening the VMO. I want that sucker to be ready when the lateral release is done! Felice will be emailing my workouts and Soli and I will be following them. Soli will (try) to keep me in line. :whistle: :happydance:
 
I hope this new procedure will do the trick for "capsie."
 
Sonja,
Sorry to hear about more surgery, but arthoscopic doesn't sound to bad. Knowing you, you'll be back on your feet (knees) toot-sweet. Just be a good girl and get it done if need be. Miss talking with you.
 
This is one time my knee has to wait! I have my practicum and my masters class running concurrently, and when August 16th rolls around, I will be ready for surgery! We have paid almost 5,000 for these two courses alone so there is no way I can have surgery at this point! I will have it as soon as the semester comes to a close though. If I work it right, I can have surgery that Friday the 14th, and that will give me 3 additional days to heal! :happydance:
 
:friends: So sorry to hear about your kneecap problems - you must be so frustrated that there seems no end to your surgeries. Hopefully the lateral release will do the job and you will recover quickly

Take good care of yourself:kittykiss:
 
Thinking of you, Sonja, and i hope that August comes quickly for you.

I'm just keeping on swimming right now too, though for different reasons.

Breathe in, breathe out, just put one foot in front of the other. We'll both get there! :flwrysmile:

Caryl
 
Sounds like there's need for a spot of conflict resolution between your kneecap and yourself , but I'm beginning to know something about your personality and I've got to admit that patella's got some guts. Tell it from me it might as well give in now!! All the best, Joe
 
You know if I had a Dori fish I would feel A LOT better! Not that I'm hinting or anything Dhare63. But since you brought the whole idea up... :happydance: :rotfl:

By the way, this "Capsie" will not deter me! Make me frustrated? Sure! Want to quit? Never! I have a great new life ahead of me! Ok, back to my swimming, by the way

Thanks Jo! Josephine
 
Hi Sonja!
Sorry I've been out of touch for a while. Glad the end is in sight for your course...a long haul. And with some luck, the tendon release may mean the end is in sight for your slipping kneecap problem too. I sure hope so!
Best wishes,
 
Josephine, you did what I have been wanting to do!! Awesome to find the clip!

Now Sonja, pay attention and follow the chanting, it will lead you where you need to be!!
 
So I am just inferring at this point; but no Dori fish coming in the mail in the near future huh?! :wink: :heehee:

Dhare63
 
Could someone please send Sonja a little dori fish :angel: I am no good at pasting & posting pictures :doh:
Perhaps someone could write to the "Ellen degeneres" show & get some autographs on dori posters.
Sonja, the lads arrived on time & are enjoying an evening at the esplanade, listening to the pops.
Good night everyone...sweet dreams...diana :kittykiss:
 
Back
Top Bottom