Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hey I thought you would undo the damage Jo has done to the lusty lads. Teaching then to crook their little fingers when they hold a wine glass EGAD!! They were so much more fun as barbarians.:rotfl:
 
Good grief! When it rains it pours!

Well.... Another update.. I went in hubby's office 2 nights ago to get papers from printer. My mistake was thinking I should start reading them in his Man Cave! :gaah: All of the sudden, my right ankle twisted under me after stepping on something, I don't know what, and then the knee, in the. Brace twisted underneath me too as I fell on top! The strangest part was that the leg shot back out as soon as my full body weight came down on top of it! My kneecap had been out, but the fall put it back in! Well, yesterday, the swelling began in earnest and I started icing, but the kneecap chose to pop out again. Chris got it back in place. Today, I did PT and Personal Training, and I did not notice that the knee had popped out until I pulled the brace down to let it breathe after Per Training! Chris tried to get the kneecap back in place, but this time, it would not go! :headbang:

People tell me to take it easy! I have been working my way back from the last surgery since May 7th! I am frustrated! OK, off to ice now! I am through ranting, and I feel much better! Chris said if we can't get the kneecap back in place, they will have to go back in! Well, next week is the beginning of my practicum at ACU and it is an intensive course! No time for surgery!

Knee, it is time to stop playing games and get busy working like you are supposed to! I will make you a deal "Capsie"! I will pay attention to trip hazards instead of reading while walking, if you will "get in the groove!" :rotfl:
 
Wow Sonja, you must buy some hazard tape to cut a path for you to safely walk around your house, and a headlamp for the evening trips, no pun intended!

I do hope this can be resolved with hands on help instead of more surgery. Please keep us posted!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Well, I am not going into Man Cave anymore, until he gets it cleaned up! :whistle: So, he will move a printer into my office and that will take care of that! Still have cement on Bathroom floor, but I have put down rubber mats. No more retrieving anything in the rain without shoes and brace! Hey! Wow, I am actually planning a hazard course of action! :rotfl: The yellow tape would look quite fetching! Maybe I could stick it on his Man Cave/Office door! :wink:

After a full night of icing, the kneecap has moved back into place again! I am feeling pretty peppy again! Now where is that hazard tape! :snork:

Dhare63
 
Ah, Sonya!
So glad that Capsie is back in place.

Now, stop knocking yourself around! :flwrysmile:
 
This may be of help as you redecorate the man cave!! [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Well today is our 7th anniversary, and I am in Abilene, and he is in Midland! :hairpulling:

Oh, I survived the first day of the practicum (I just wanted everyone to know!) :rotfl:
 
Excuse my iggerance What's a practicum? Does it hurt? Why are you doing it on your anniversary? Joe
 
inspojo, a practicum is like an internship--it's hands on learning in the workplace related to a persons educational major for which you receive school credits.

It may hurt in terms of being really mentally challenging.
 
Right now and every day I wear a little gold bear on a chain my husband gave us on our 9th anniversary, when we were apart due to my school. We have been married 33 years, and that little bear has been with us all that time.
OK, I am the only one who gets to wear it, but he can see it better.
Have a good day at your work, and a Happy Anniversary!
 
Thanks Everyone!

Day two is behind me and I find I am doing amazingly well! :thud: One of our grades while we are here is participation, and well...... With me being so shy :blush: and having a hard time talking and all..... :)

By the way BIG update! I am wearing the brace, but I am walking up and down hills steps, etc. without problems! I am averaging 2 miles a day and none of my rambunctious classmates can keep up with me! So me, being the Shy One, slows down to let them catch up ocassion ally! :happydance:
 
Shhhhhh, but Toni! That is the "secret" to my wisdom of strange and fascinating facts! After all, how could anyone run a proper school for for "reforming" warriors into lithe Cowboys, if they weren't shy?" :blush: :whistle:
 
Day 3 down, 2 more to go, and then 3 thesis papers to get written in 20, 30, and then day 40! Oh, and I start back to school on Monday! Busy, busy, busy! :heehee:
 
I have to put a PowerPoint presentation together tonight, and then one for Friday! Breathe, breathe, breathe. Ok :sigh:
I am feeling dizzy ! :heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom