Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja,
I absolutely agree with Toni - please get your gall bladder checked out, even if you feel better. I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago - had intermittent mini attacks after eating. Then one time I had severe back and chest pain - they actually thought I was having a heart attack - but it was the gall bladder. I also agree it's a very easy surgery that brings instant relief. Please take care of yourself and don't put it off.
 
Well,

I called the doctor's office today, and he discussed my problems and decided that I wasn't doing too bad. I'm not an emergency, just need to stay away from fried food, and fats, which I try to do as much as possible anyway!

Thought I would update everyone! :)
 
Sonja, my GP also told me that when my attacks were intermittent. What a mistake. My advise is to go to a surgeon. They will order the tests to determine your gallbladder function. Cutting out all the fat in the world will really not solve the problem, but just treat the symptoms. Get the tests my friend.
 
Toni,

Oh, I have an appointment, just not an emergency appointment! I will see him August 8th, or sooner if a cancellation occurs. If the symptoms get worse, I am to call them back and they will fit me in the schedule. He is a surgeon.
 
Sonja,
Had to have mine removed awhile back, no big deal as others have said. The test for the gallbladder is just a simple ultrasound. I had to go to ER because I thought I was having a heart attack heart was fine gallbladder was a mess. Did surgery at 9PM spent the night and went home about 10AM the nexted morning, basically an out-patient surgery all laproscopic.
Felt just fine right away but had to lay off the fats as you say. Still have issues if I eat to much fatty stuff.
 
Sonja,
Hope you take the advice and get the sonogram done to evaluate your gall bladder. Trust me, you do not want to experience a severe attack. Mine happened on an Easter Sunday morning and I had not eaten anything fatty or fried. It just reaches a point that it triggers over anything. My gall bladder surgery was outpatient and really really easy.
 
Surgery is not the issue. I truly understand that it is no big deal. Getting in to see my surgeon, well that's another story! I really am feeling better, and I know part of my problem is I had been away from fatty foods so long. When I ate that greasy burger, my system went into shock!
 
Hi Sonja! Are you ready for your trip to Nashville? :) My daughter and I are on our way staying the night near Louisville. Will call you later in the week.
Hope you are feeling better from your stomach woes. Haven't seen you here for a couple of days:(
 
Krynn49,

Hello! I am flying to Nashville on Thursday morning! :happydance: Sorry I haven't been updating but the June Sunbeams have been keeping busy in their thread! :shrug:

I try to explain how shy I am, but they just drag me into stuff anyway! You know, it is hard being so shy sometimes! I look forward to meeting you in Nashville! I'm glad we exchanged numbers, please give me a call and I will try to step out of my "shy" mode for a little while! :happydance:
 
Update! Friday was my best day of rehab! I did 14 unassisted leg lifts with my VMO going strong throughout most of the day! :happydance:

The sad part was saying "Goodbye" to Valerie! :groan: She has a new job so she is leaving. She did a fantastic job in the short amount of time she worked with me! I will miss her. Chris will take over and that is great. He knows me and is ready! :happydance:

Katie leaves this Friday, and that is OK. We had come to the end of what was working several months ago, and I wish her well in the future.

I am shooting for no more PT by Aug 11th, 2013! I am getting there a lot faster than I had been! Felice is helping accelerate the process! :happydance:
 
Oh, I will be starting back to work on finishing my Master's when I return from TN. I guess a March to June vacation was long enough? Well, not really, but oh well! I will graduate in December and then I will be working in the real world again! I hope I remember how to behave! :yahoo:
 
Sonja,
What a great new life you have. Hard work and perseverance are your middle name. You go get them girl. Love you my friend. Have a great time in TENN.
 
Thanks Rose!

I am so excited! I am going to take my cooling towels with me since it is an outdoor venue, but at least it is covered! I can't be out in the Sun for any length of time! I think I will take my cooling vest as well, but Pat says they will probably mistake it for a bullet proof vest in my luggage and question me!

I hope not! I am too shy :blush: to talk to strangers!
 
Hello from Tennessee! We saw Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert tonight! :happydance: There were other performers, but Luke "had me dancing for him," and Miranda (a TX girl by the way) :wink: was spectacular. I was so glad my hubby wasn't here! He might have gotten a little jealous when I started dancing and drooling over Luke! :happydance: :sigh: :whistle: :rotfl:
 
Drool away! My answer to my poor long suffering husband is " I'm married, not dead!":snork:
 
Hello everyone!

Still in Tennessee until Monday! :happydance: I met Krynn49 and her daughter today for lunch and they are super people! I am so glad that we had the chance to meet! I am attaching three pictures, one is of Krynn and I, and the other is Krynn's daughter and my best friend Patsy. Then the third is Patsy and I! Patsy is a nurse at the school I used to work at and we have become best friends! I wish she was here while I was posting right now so she could tell everyone how "shy" I am! :blush:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 158
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 136
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 123
Sonja, it was great meeting you too,(RestAssured)! You were so "shy":whistle: it was hard to get you to come out of your shell..LOL Seriously, had a great time and enjoyed exchanging knee stories. We are almost all packed and ready to leave in the am. Long trip back to NY state...12 hours:groan: Have a good trip back to Texas and take care.:)
 
Krynn49,

Have a safe trip also! We fly out tomorrow afternoon and will arrive tomorrow night! My hubby asked me what time we were arriving, and I said "What? Oh my gosh is this Sunday already?" I have had a fantastic time and it was made even better by meeting you and your daughter! Thank you for helping me "out of my shyness" for a while so I could talk and have a great time!:snork:
 
I must say that although I have had a good time I will be going home to say "goodbye" to a great friend who has liver cancer! She was with me in 1999, when the DX of MS was made, and she helped me through the dx. I hope I am not too late, as I have found out she is with Hospice now,and it is a day to day prognosis. :cry: Brings me back to reality! :sigh:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom