Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, I'm so pleased for you. This is the reward for all that hard work you've been doing. You are truly our miracle BoneSmartie!!!
 
Awwww Jamie!

Thanks! God has blessed me, and with that blessing have come many changes!
1. Quitting Teaching to moving on to a profession I truly feel called to do, and that I can make a difference! Teaching was rewarding, politics wasn't.

2. Losing 155 pounds has given me a new outlook on life! I am in control of my emotions (well most of the time) and I have learned how to diffuse situations with people I care about while still leaving their dignity intact!

3. I LOVE exercising again! When I miss a day, even if it is because we re going to the cabin to relax, I feel like a slug! My outlook has changed, I've become proud of who I am, what I o, and what I want to accomplish in life!

4. I am probably one of the most stubborn people that have ever been on BoneSmart! I refused to let infection get me down, I refused to stop when the bones were popping out the side of the leg; just tightened brace more, added padding etc, and have worked for a year on the VMO to see signs of life!

The word "quit" rarely comes out of my mouth unless I am just way down, but by the next day, I am right back to the business of getting on with the Best Of My Life!

5. I have had a fantastic support team that has been with me every step of the way! They cheer me on and I do the same for them! BoneSmart was the start of my journey, asking questions before my surgeries, and having people respond with kind words of encouragement! As I explained to my Hubby the other day; just as I can't imagine how he felt when he had cancer t the age of 17, he can't imagine how I have felt for the last three years! I told him BoneSmarties have either or are going to have replacements, o hey understand!
:)

4. Life is grand! I love being active again, and my bucket list has already started w the purchase of the cabin! :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja! and feeling good, too!!!! You've got it all, gal!!! And you deserve it, too. You've worked long and hard and endured more than your share. I am just so happy for you.

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3


PS: Love your new avatar.
 
Awwww Judy! :happydance:

Thank you very much! Life is great and now the kneecap has been put on notice! The VMO says it is ready so it is time for "Capsie" to shape up! :happydance:
 
Hey Sonja, You are looking good. Sounds like things are going very well for you. Yay!!! I sure hope that capsie learns to behave for good... :happydance:
 
Well today was a big shock for me! I found out that Valerie my current PTA and Katie my former PTA are leaving T-Star! Valerie is going to be a rep for another physical therapy company, and Katie is going to be a PTA at a different Physical Therapy place. Felice will be leaving once they close on their house in Fort Worth, so I am losing my Personal Trainer! What a bummer of a day! :headbang:
 
It happens. I got a message this morning that my PT had resigned. Texted him later...just wasn't happy at that locale. I had to cancel this week for others reasons, but now have to find another PT...my bending is okay, but can use help with extension.

Good luck finding some new team members.
 
Well I don't blame them! No raises since they started, one 5 years and the other over 3! Felice runs the office part and is the best at the internal workings of insurance, Medicare, you name it! Then she is also a fantastic Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist! It will be hard but yes, I can ind someone else. Chris will still be there hopefully, unless he says he has had enough also! I will have him as my PT. I have 2 months officially, and one more if needed before I see Dr. Maale again. I just want PT to end so I can get out of this darned brace, and work hard in strictly Personal Training! I think I might have found a new personal trainer after Felice leaves. She was our "Coach" for the biggest loser, so she already knows me! :happydance:
 
Thank you reetpteet! Some people who see me working out with Felice can't believe that I have a kneecap that won't behave! Well, :whistle: the secret is, I have that sucker trapped in a patella stabilizing brace! When I am in PT they have it out of the brace, and people say, you poor dear, them making you do split squats! I just turn and look with sorrow at Valerie and she tells them," don't let her fool you, she is a lot tougher than you think!":rotfl: Heavens, I have "no idea" what she means by that!:angel: I didn't get my name "The Shy One" easily you know!:wink:
 
OK,

Time for some great news! Yesterday I did 4 leg lifts unassisted and today I did 5! :happydance: The VMO is getting stronger every day; we are pushing and it is responding! :happydance: Fiesty Felice, is working hard with me also! We are shooting for the goal of NO MORE PT after my August appointment with Dr. Maale! :happydance: Chris will take over and he and Valerie tagged teamed today. I am so excited! I have been in PT since November 9th 2010, and I am seeing a Big Flashing Light at he end of the tunnel! :yahoo:
 
Well, you know it seems when I brag on my knee it decides to get "rascally" again! It popped completely over to the side again, and Valerie fixed it for me. I was in Personal Training doing upper body, and the knee got "jealous" I guess! :heehee:
 
Ok, I am at the cabin, and I must admit after eating half a hamburger I am downright sick! :sick:

That means lots of time in the Restroom, and that is where my story becomes great! :whistle: Ok, not from living in the restroom, :heehee: ,but what happened when I got up. My kneecap tried to pull to the outside but the VMO had just enough power in it this time to keep the kneecap in place! :happydance: Yes, life is good!
 
Sonja, dear friend, get thee to a Dr for a work up of your gallbladder!! Believe me, you do not want to have a full on gallbladder
attack!! I had gallbladder problems for years, but refused to have it removed because the issues were intermittent.

Well one day 2 years ago I woke up to the most excruciating attack ever. I was rushed to ER. Sonja, I was in agony..this is a pain like no other..made the pain of knee replacement feel like a gentle kiss by comparison!!

I had waited so long ( I'm a stubborn German) that I had a mass in the upper portion of my gallbladder, and an infection in the gallbladder to boot! I was admitted to the hospital and kept on IV antibiotics and pumped full of Dilaudid for 48 hours before they could do the surgery. They had to get the infection under control first.

The surgery,done laparoscopically took only 15 minutes! I awoke in recovery, was taken to my room, and there was no pain.
I was sent home the next morning, and was right as rain, up and around and feeling fine.

Please don't wait until you have a terrible attack. If the test show you have a bad gallbladder, or gallstones, they will schedule your surgery around your schedule. In fact, if it is not an emergency, like mine was, they can even do it as an in and out surgery..no hospital stay!

:friends: :friends: :friends: :friends: :friends: :friends:
 
I will make this promise to everyone on BoneSmart! If I don't get to feeling better today, I will be at the ER by tonight. Otherwise, I will be calling the doc first thing Tuesday morning and setting up the appointment'. :)

Oh and by the way I'm a stubborn Norwegian!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom