Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, Happy Birthday, and I'm glad you had a great time! Yeah, I think you're on the right track getting hubby to help you with the groin muscles! :whistle:
 
Well, Valerie was ready for me today! We did a lot of exercises that made the VMO sore. She said " it is weak, but we will get it going!" :happydance: :sleep:
 
You know, 23 years ago I worked out because a coach pushed me to work out. Now I am motivated and as long as I don't drop from exhaustion, I am loving every minute of exercise! :happydance: :sleep: Felice is one of the nicest people I have ever met. When you tell her your goals though, then she will work your rear end off to meet those goals! Talk about motivating! She is great! Now... If y'all cease hearing from me, it means that I have dropped from over 5 miles of walking, and riding the bike like I was in the Tour De France! Or maybe it was the elliptical and trying to get 1,500 steps in at a level 5 climb with 2 resistance. Or maybe the combat ropes and right after the barbell push out push up! Who knows, but I will ask Fiesty to alert everyone! :thud: :heehee:
 
Either I am losing my sanity or I am in la-la land! I know I posted my latest results on my thread, but maybe they were on someone else's. If you happen to see them on yours, let me know and I will delete them! We had a last minute mad rush hunting for my tax statement for school and my brain turned to mush I guess!

What I was reporting on was my progress with Felice in 96 days!:happydance:
She didn't get the adjective "feisty" by accident, I can assure you! LOL

Felice is one of the nicest people, but when you tell her your goals, then be prepared to work your rear end off!:dancy:

In 96 days I have lost 25 pounds, gained 1.8 pounds of muscle, lost 4 pounds of fat and my BMI has decreased from 46.5 to 42.8.

The first picture shows the first day, and the second picture is from yesterday! :)
By the way both of these pictures were after working out, that's why I am so red faced! LOL

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Sonja, You are looking so terrific. Thanks for the picture updates they are a real motivator for the rest of us. I know you will make your goals probably sooner than later. Just remember rest is just as important. Love to you my friend.
 
Thanks Lanie, and karmigirl! I am working hard, but loving every minute of if! I am going to have Felice take a picture of one of the exercises Valerie has me doing! It is amazing how far I have come between Felice, Katie, and now Valerie! :happydance:
 
Ok, now that my VMO muscle is starting to respond :happydance: , the IT band on the outside of the leg has decided to get "fired up!" :gaah: I will walk about 16 minutes in the alter-g treadmill when all of a sudden the IT band from the top of the thigh to below my knee starts going crazy! When I do the elliptical, it behaves for about eight minutes, and then starts firing! Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know what I can do to get relief? :scratch:
 
Sonja,
Ask Felice and Valerie tomorrow, they will assess what exactly is going on and be able to give you the best advice.
Be sure to read the IT Band thread in the Library.
:hairpulling: It is always something!!
 
It is isn't it Pumpkln!

Felice is helping me with it, and offered the idea of using a tennis ball to go in circular motions deeply into the muscle tissue to release it! I have been doing this at home because today it tightened up again. It worked very well, but I am trapped in the Alter-G! I don't know what o do there so I will ask Valerie tomorrow! :)
 
There will probably a foam roller in your future :yes:.
Speaking of which, it is time for me to roll my TFL.:heehee:
 
Well, I bought one of those rollers when I went out and purchased the tennis balls! I was going to use it for quad lifts, but I read about using it for the iIT band after I got home! These people were on the floor though, so I will have to come up with a nice high surface to use it! :happydance:
 
I am so glad you are doing so great. Your picture is great too. Do be careful and don't overdue it. Take care and Happy birthday. Tashia
 
Ok, today we stretched the IT band and tried the Alter-G. It started hurting pretty bad about 13:00 into my 20:00 minute routine so I quit! Rick, did a deep muscle massage and that helped a lot! Pumpkln, you were right, Valerie said next time we will use the foam roller on it! :happydance:
 
Excellent, now for floor to stand training. Yes, you can do it!:tada:.
The deep tissue work sounds wonderful.
 
Floor to stand? Are you talking about the 8 inch step ups I have to do with my right knee in the bent position all the way until the left foot touches the stand? Then going down keeping right knee bent as I lower left foot to ground? :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom