Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Getting on the floor then getting back up. :happydance: Valerie can show you how to do it with out getting on your knees, or just weight bearing on your knees briefly. Those step ups/downs you are doing are a good start.
 
:rotfl: Getting on the floor and then getting back up??? :scary: I have practice in that already, if I remember to keep my shirt over my head so I Can't see and then place my scale strategically in the way... :whistle: :happydance:
 
Well, Valerie is a little rascal! She has me doing what she calls squat with the left foot behind the right and going down down down. They feel very familiar to he lunges I used to do! She said she doesn't call them lunges, and I say a name by any other name is still the same! :rotfl:
 
Well Fiesty Felice, is going to see her family in Arizona! I am so happy for her, but will miss her while she is gone! She is leaving me workout instructions but she is upping the intensity of my workouts because she says "I need to be challenged!" LOL I am being challenged everyday that I work out with her and now I am going to get in two workouts on my own that she is writing up!:scare: I don't know if my body can handle extra cardio! I think I am one of the little "fishies" gasping for air when we finish working out! I can promise you, there is not a dry spot on my body! I am one sweating machine! LOL:heehee:
 
sorry i havent been in touch for a while, was offline for a while, not been the best couple of weeks but am staying positive! sounds like you're making good progress!! have finally read your threads! you are an inspiration and really do deserve every happiness. hope you're well RestAssured xx
 
fwizzi, Everyone deserves to be happy and pain free! I am loving life again, and working out is my stress reliever! :happydance:

I could not have imagined hearing a Per Trainer say "We need to up your intensity and cardio, because you aren't being challenged enough, in the past!" My knees were killing me and it took everything I had to get out of bed, put on the leg braces, load up the 4 wheeled walker and teach everyday! That wasn't living that was existing!

God has given me much, and I am here to let people know "Never Give Up!" Life is wonderful again! :happydance:
 
Hello Everyone! :happydance:

Thought I would share my 3 day a week 2 hour plus therapy session with you!
15 minutes Russian Stem
2 minutes Heel Slides
6 minutes recumbent bike
3 minutes elliptical
Laying on stomach right leg curl 20 lbs. 3 x 15. Left leg 30 lbs 3x 15
Standing on platform leg abduction 85 lbs 3 x 15
Moving to 8 inch step keep right knee bent and bring left leg up keeping knee bent until left leg reaches the platform. 3 x15
Leg press 170 lbs both legs 3 x 12, right leg 90 lbs 3x12
Lunge squats 3x15
Squats with pillow between knees 3 x 15
Lying on side adduction on both legs 5 lb on left 3 x 15
Lying on side top leg in chair bottom leg with 5 lb weight 3 x 15 both legs
Leg raises 5 lbs on left 2 x 10 on right 2 x 10 with help
Quad sets with can under knees on each side 2 x 10
Ankle stretches 30 up and down, 30 left, 30 right.
Stretch the IT band
Alter-G 20 min 55 percent of my weight at 2.5mph
Lymphedema treatment on both legs
IFC and Ice for 15 minutes
Whew! Hope I didn't forget anything! Will post my personal training workout tomorrow! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 I haven't been able to pick myself up off the floor after reading that list!
 
My goodness! Sonja, you amaze me. I got my picc line out yesterday. I go to OS April 23 rd to have knee aspirated. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad.I am having surgery May 22nd...a new TKR!!!! It will be a Stryker or Zimmer. My prayers have been answered. Thank you for posting your journey. It is very inspiring.
 
Thank you Lanie! :happydance:

I am loving life and having fun again; although I will admit the VMO muscle and I are "still at war!" :heehee:

Will this be the 3rd revision of your right knee and if so, is a specialist in knee revisions doing it? My OS told me he could do the revision, but he knew Dr. Maale had far more experience with cases as serious as mine.

Please keep in touch! I will be posting my Personal Training schedule tonight! :happydance:

I want people to see that no matter what you have been through, if you stay positive as possible, keep your sense of humor, and work with determination, that the sky is the limit! :yahoo:
 
OK, here is the workout that is increasing my cardio while Felice is away! I'm sure we will resume with the combat ropes next week as well! LOL I go to Physical Therapy on Mon, Wed, and Fri. I do Personal Training on Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat. I also work out with my Biggest Loser teammates on Wed mornings.

My Personal Training workout that has just increased consists of the following:

Recumbent Bike Level 3 RPM 75 15 minutes
Arm Bike Resistance 60 1:00 forward and one minute backward
Resistance 30 30 seconds forward and 30 seconds back
Resistance 60 1:00 forward and 1 minute backward

Then I move to circuit training
Bicep Machine Seat 7 50 pounds 3/15
Reverse Flys Seat E 40 pounds 3/15
Push-ups Notch 3 Low to ground ;O) 3/15

Lateral raises w dumbbells standing 6 pounds 3/15
Tricep Rope 50 pounds 3/15
Up and Out's with Barbell 3/15

Ellipitical Incline 5 resistance 3 8 minutes

Back Extension Machine 120 pounds 3/15

Incline Bench with 10 pound medicine ball straight up and angled in front of me sit-ups 50/3
Opposite arm to knee sit-up 50/3
Orange cord arms straight out in front gripping the handle with both hands and pulling it across my body. 3/15

Finishing Ellipitical 1,500 strides
Bike 12 minutes level 3 RPM 70 mph

Sounds pretty easy right! :happydance:
 
RestAssured can I ask you how do you find the elliptical trainer? I have a treadmill as I used to run but been advised running is a no no due to impact, I know cycling is good but it's just isn't the same as running motion for me so I am thinking once I have recovered a bit more (using treadmill for walking) to trade in my treadmill for an eliptical trainer - I just find it really usefull to have a machine at home as having kids and working shifts (once back to "normal") rather than go to the gym.

Thank you
 
Shortie,

The elliptical is great! It doesn't cause impact on your knees and if you haven't be able to exercise in awhile, then you can put it at level zero and go slowly. Start increasing the incline when your conditioning is better, and add resistance later! Great cardiovascular workout! :happydance:

I gave my treadmill away! I will stick to elliptical, bike, swimming, and other stuff! I got on a state of the art treadmill at my health club the other day but it wasn't an alter-g. My knees hated it!
 
Keep posting your workouts and progress. Given all your surgeries and complications, your story is compelling. I have been on this forum long enough to recognize your positive influence.
 
Thank you so much trailspud! This forum has been a lifesaver for me, and anything I can do to make someone else's journey easier, makes everything worthwhile! I wasn't connected to BoneSmart by accident. I know that it was meant to be, first to get me through the struggles I would eventually find myself going through, and now, helping others who are having doubts, problems, or questions!

God has richly blessed me! :happydance:
 
Sonja,Happy Birthday. I know I am a couple weeks late. You must feel so proud and happy to have so much behind you, exercising and feeling better every day. Now you have so much ahead of you!
When I see the photo of you standing up so tall on strong knees, I just about weep.
I want one day to be the one in a photo like that.
Thank you for being my first bonesmart friend. :kittykiss:
 
BarbieJ, thank you so much for your kind words! The route I have taken hasn't been as easy as others have had, but I have been molded into "steel" in the process! Having the complications that I have dealt with, has made me a stronger, more confident woman! I am ready to move into the next phase "the BEST of my life!" :happydance:

God has humbled me, but He has been there all the time! Why is it that some ask me where was God when all of this happened? If I did not feel His presence, it would be ME that moved not Him! He is omnipresent!

I am glad that I was able to connect with you as your first BoneSmart friend! You will find as you already are, that you are able to help out others who are hurting and need you!

Take care and keep in Touch! :friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom