Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Dr. Maale will be taking care of your knee in a different way, I'm sure. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with a weak VMO.
 
With your knee in the shape it's in, I would suggest staying in a wheelchair whenever you go out. Dr. Maale said that it had bad instability issues according to the scans he looked at. Let others take care of you right now, so you will be able to dance at your daughters prom next year! :happydance:
 
Nat, as Jo has said before, Dr. Maale doesn't think like any other doctor in the US or Consultant in the UK! People from all over the world seek him out because he has ideas that are so far beyond what most have come up with! For him to accept you, means he knows he can do something that will help you retrieve a better quality of life! He is very selective as to which cases he takes, because he is in high demand! I thank God that he accepted my case, which ultimately led him to accepting you! :happydance:
 
Well today sealed the deal on changing People at PT. As many of you have heard through the long 2+ years that I have been in PT, Katie has been taking care of me. Well the last month had really gone downhill, we had talked, I had asked for reports that she sent to Dr. Maale etc., and anything I did seemed like a bother to her. Valerie will be taking over and if I had seen how well she worked with knee patients, I would have switched last year, when the small problems started! She is working hard with my right leg during leg lifts making sure the VMO stays engaged by applying gentle pressure to the outside of the foot as it comes down, not allowing it to flop sideways like it will when others do it. I can't do leg lifts on my own yet, but between Felice and Valerie, I am positive that I will be able to in the near future! :happydance:
 
I'm sorry to hear you're no longer with Katie I hope you're ok about it all.
You have worked extremely hard and long may a good relationship with your new team help your recovery.
 
I'm sorry to hear you're no longer with Katie I hope you're ok about it all.
You have worked extremely hard and long may a good relationship with your new team help your recovery.

I will still see Katie at the rehab and I will say hello, but she and I had talked the other day, and she had said there would be no hard feelings if I switched. She knew how frustrated I had become.
 
Well, between Fiesty Felice, and Valerie, that VMO muscle doesn't stand a chance! :happydance: We work hard in both, on the knee, but Felice is working hard every session on my cardio and muscles also! I am loving life, and feeling so much better! Chris said that he has noticed a lot of of improvement in my walking and I have to give credit to Felice. Valerie has just started but she will be a big factor also, and I am so excited! :happydance:
 
Well, I had a great time this weekend! :happydance: I stepped on a side ramp with my bad knee and the VMO corrected the leg! My Birthday was so special, even more special because I shared it with my family! My hubby got sick and wasn't able to go but I had a great time with the rest of my family!

On Tuesday, we have someone coming to finish the painting and help me box up all my teacher stuff. I am trying to figure out where to give it, I have so many books over 20 years!
 
:happydance: I stepped on a side ramp with my bad knee and the VMO corrected the leg!

WOW, the VMO is working!!! :yahoo:
Happy Birthday! :yay:
 
:happydance: I have some great news! When I used to get out of bed and walk on our hardwood floors onto the cement the arthritis in my feet would kill me! Now, I don't even notice when I am walking around anymore! Felice said it is due to all of the exercise I am doing! Well whatever it is, it's worth staying out of pain!

I put this in the weight loss thread also, but I am so excited that the arthritis pain is gone for the most part. I still have an occasional twinge, but nothing like I used to! When I first started exercising w Fiesty Felice, I could feel every move we made. Now, the pain is an occasional "blip on the radar!" :yahoo:
 
Happy Birthday Sonja glad you had a great celebration with your family. It is terrific to hear the VMO muscle is finally working the way it should and probably mean no more surgery, you have had enough already.
 
Well today was the 1st day that Valerie was "officially" in charge. She is working on changing some of the exercises to benefit the VMO more fully, and adding some that were not on the list! Katie has been out with foot surgery, and so when I told Valerie that she was in charge, she "took the bull by the horns" and got busy! :happydance:

Who knew that the VMO muscle is able to be controlled by the groin muscle. ??? :heehee: I think I will need my hubby to help me with my exercises! :whistle: :rotfl:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom