Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Thanks Jacky and Celle!

I know some people read about the amount of exercise I am doing and think she is crazy! :rolleyes: Well, could be, but let me tell you, I feel better than I have in 23 years, and even though I have an ornery VMO muscle, :heehee: , I refuse to be defeated! Life is too short to sit on the sidelines, I am back in the game!" By the way, one of my team mates is a water instructor, and she suggested I take her class! She said I need a cardio class that will challenge me, but not effect the knee. So, on T, Th mornings at 8:00 a.m. I will be in the pool! One more thing to add to getting back into shape! I love it! :happydance:
 
I would love to take a water class, but they are all offered during the day and since I teach full time, coach two sports, and coach the math team- it is not possible for me to do so.
 
That's awesome Sonja...keep it up! Inspiration-R-U!

Good to see you come out of your shell long enough to interact with your team...that ole shyness will be history some day I am sure...:rotfl:
 
Coachie,
I remember those days so well! i am glad they are behind me actually. I am ready to finish school and figure out if I want to do corporate Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Divorce Mediation, or a combination. I am flexible so who knows where I will end up!:happydance:
 
That's awesome Sonja...keep it up! Inspiration-R-U!

Good to see you come out of your shell long enough to interact with your team...that ole shyness will be history some day I am sure...:rotfl:
Just,

I am just doing my part as a shy responsible team member to make sure that I set a good example for others to follow.:angel:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
I know where you're going to end up----ON TOP----that's where!!!!
 
I would love to take a water class, but they are all offered during the day and since I teach full time, coach two sports, and coach the math team- it is not possible for me to do so.
Coachie, have you checked all the health clubs in your area? I know that several in our area are offering 6:00-7:00p.m classes and weekend classes for the people who cannot come during the day. :happydance:
 
Hi Sonya,
You should be so proud of yourself for your accomplishments!
I used a recumbent elliptical for the first time ever today. I liked it very much. I hope I feel okay tomorrow. My left leg muscle felt like it had a little workout without the pressure of my body weight aggravating things. :SUNsmile:
 
Well, yesterday at therapy, they did a test drive on me using the regular elliptical, while we were waiting to see who the Pope would be! Katie said that wasn't so, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. When they announced who the Pope was, Katie said my trial run was over! :snork:

Felice and I used it for 5 minutes today and it went very well! :happydance:We also used the bosui ball and I worked on lunges with both knees while holding onto a bar! Yippee! I know that I can get that rascal of a VMO to start reacting or I am going to kick it to the curb!:happydance:
 
Oh Natalie!!! :happydance:

That will be wonderful in your recovery! Get the name of the hospital and Dr. Maale can arrange PT there through your GP! :happydance:
God is working miracles In your life Natalie! I am so excited! :happydance:
 
:yahoo: Ok Everyone........ Ahem..... Attention Please :)

My VMO was sore today after working out with Felice yesterday! :happydance: The Russian stem finally got a quiver out of it today! :happydance: I am so excited! Life is wonderful!

Thank you. Lord for all you do for me, and for giving me just enough patience to get through this with a positive attitude! :yahoo:

Fiesty Felice
 
Hello Everyone!

As I come to the end of the week I am taking time to reflect on the progress I have made:

Lost 6 pounds
Probably gained a couple back after engulfing 3/4 bag of Hersey's chocolate candy! think i chose the ones with foil? Nooooooo... That would take too long to peel and bring me back to my senses!
Dealt with the real problem and threw rest of bag in trash.
Worked out with Felice 4 times in PT 3 times and my Biggest Loser Gold Team 1 time.
The VMO responded for the 1st time since surgery when Felice and I worked out! She goes the extra mile for all of her personal training clients so they can be successful in whatever goals they have set! I just wish I hadn't shared ALL my goals! :rotfl:
So, life is great, heading to the cabin for measurements, and to just get away for the day! :cheers:
 
Sonja, Great report! Glad to you were able to deal with your problem and trash the kisses! And great news that the VMO responded during your workout. I know how hard you have been working on that. Enjoy your day at the cabin. You had a great week! Congratulations! :thumb:
 
I'm sure I should know, but, what, Sonja, is VMO?

The VMO is the Vastas Medialials Oblique Muscle! It attaches to the quad and runs Down the inside of the knee helping to provide patella stability! With mine starting to fire, it hopefully means "no surgery," but that Fiesty Felice has asked all the right questions and we are on our way! :happydance:
 
Thanks! for the explanation. I'll tuck that bit away. And as ever, I'm happy for you that things just seem to keep getting better and better.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom