Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well, today I did zero in terms of PT and Per Training, because I was driving to Dallas to see my Sister and get a beautiful futon for our cabin. The first rest stop that we took, had me walking with old oversized brace on, and my knee hyper flexed! Second rest stop it hyper flexed again only more violently that time. I went and saw Dr. Maale's PA and he showed me in the x-rays they took today, that the kneecap is completely around to the side of the knee. :shocked: May 16th I come back armed with MRI results to see if the patella tendon has been torn or if we can continue another month of strengthening the VMO muscle. Please Lord, let it be something that we can fix without surgery this time! 3 surgeries is enough on this poor leg, and it is getting very crabby! :hairpulling:
 
:hairpulling: Sonja,
I was so hoping that your knee cap would start behaving, sending you healing prayers.
 
Sonja, sorry to hear about the darn knee cap! I DO hope it doesn't need more surgery! You've had more than your share!
 
Sonja, so sorry to read that your kneecap is misbehaving. Lets hope the VMO strengthening will work and surgery avoided. But if that doesn't work then I know God will give will guide you through this.
 
Sonja, glad you got into Dr. Maale's office quickly. How are they planning on getting that knee cap to stay put?
I am thinking of you. Keep us posted.
 
Sonja, sorry to hear about the darn knee cap! I DO hope it doesn't need more surgery! You've had more than your share!
Yes I have! I do not want to be stingy and hog all of the surgery spots! After all others are in need and I am giving my kneecap " a good talking to about its behavior!" :happydance:
 
In the meantime, while figuring out the remedy to your kneecap, I hope you can keep up with your fitness by focusing on the exercises that you can still do. You have made good progress recently. Maybe set some new upper body records.
 
Sonja I'm so sorry your knee cap went awol again. I sure hope it will resolve without surgery. It can't be good to keep opening things up. So your knee basically gives out under you when you say it hyper flexes?
Be careful so you don't fall. It must be so difficult/painful!
 
In the meantime, while figuring out the remedy to your kneecap, I hope you can keep up with your fitness by focusing on the exercises that you can still do. You have made good progress recently. Maybe set some new upper body records.

Oh, we are continuing with Personal Training and PT. The PA said I was doing fantastic with losing weight and to keep up the schedule! My new brace should be here Monday so I am excited! :happydance:

Felice and I keep increasing cardio and upper body, because she says I am not getting tired! LOL :happydance:
 
Well let's see: today's workout (modified due to knee problems) LOL :rotfl:

8 min on Bike at level 3 70 mph

Arm bike 1 min forward/ backward 30 sec each at 120
1 min at 90 f/b 30 each fast
1 min 60 f/b fast
1 min 20 the hardest level fast f/b 30 sec each

Biceps curls with 50 pound bar circuit 3 times
Lawn mower knees Bent 15 time each hand 3 times
Triceps rope 50 pounds pull and hold for count of three 15 x 3

Elliptical 5 minutes fast pace

Next circuit
Push ups with the bar almost Parallel to my body! 10 push-ups 5 planks repeat 3 times in circuit
Dumbbell s, arm circles 1:00 30 forward 30 backward
10 pound dumbbell over your head as high as you can reach with both arms and slowly bring it down behind your head to strengthen your triceps. 15 each

Next Circuit 3 times
7 lb dumbbell in each hand, hold them in a goal post pose and then lift over head 15 times
7 lb dumbbell in each hand bend knees, keep weights in goal post stance and then go go up and over head to the side while extending knees. Do other side the same way.
Flys on machine, 50 pounds 15 each bringing the two swing arms back until you feel stretch in your triceps and your shoulders blades should be pulling together.

Next circuit repeat 3 times
Put a stretch band around a pole. Make sure it has a lot of resistance. Pull your arms straight out from you. Then twist your arms and torso 15 times. Turn around and do the same 15 times.
10 pound medicine ball. Lay on incline bench, and hold ball high in front of you. Hold in tummy (as always) and do 50 crunches
10 pound medicine ball. Lay on incline bench, hold ball high and twist from side to side bringing the ball all the way down to the side.
50 times
Back extension machine 120 pounds 15 times.

Cool Down... :happydance:

Elliptical. 1,500 strides
Recumbent Bike 12 minutes 70 rpm
 
Overachiever!!

What is your brace? I have an Ossur Carticare I bought off the internet and love it.

Sorry you continue to have knee challenges. You are in good hands.
 
Overachiever!!

What is your brace? I have an Ossur Carticare I bought off the internet and love it.

Sorry you continue to have knee challenges. You are in good hands.
The name has peeled off but they have ordered me a Don Joy. It is much better than what I have! :happydance:
 
Good Grief! You must be so strong. I never did that much with weights ever. Even in my halcyon years. I only have
5 pound weights right now and I had to lighten them. My arthritis in my shoulder became painful. I can just see you throwing that medicine ball around. Maybe to the tune of Rocky! Keep up the good work.
 
Well, keep in mind I threw shot put and discus in college so we lifted a lot of weight! My only regret is that I ever stopped exercising! I am loving it! :happydance:
 
Sonja, you might enjoy this little bit of info: at 42,000+ hits, this thread also shows up in the statistics as the most watched member's thread!

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Wow! :happydance:

What an honor! All of the people who have seen me through the rough times, and have celebrated with me through the great times! God has blessed me so richly, and I am humbled to think that He chose to use me to help others. My journey isn't over yet, (bad, bad, kneecap, :heehee: ), but the distance I have come from the starting line has been made easier by those who have encouraged me, cheered for me, joked with me, and yes, even kicked me in the rear when I needed it! So I say to all of the BoneSmarties who helped make this milestone happen, Thank you! You are terrific! :yahoo:

I am attaching an image that says it all about knee replacements!
Then the next picture is at my highest weight right before surgery 435 lbs
The last picture was taken a few weeks ago and I was around 294 at the time. I have finally broken into the 280's and "loving every minute of it!"
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 135
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 133
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 148

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom