Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Yes it is! Actually, it felt much better after I worked out with Felice today! It seems to be that I do much better rehabbing with my personal trainer sometimes than PT itself! :happydance:
 
That is great!
And do take a pic of Felice working you through your paces. We can use it to inspire us as it is working so well for you! :)
 
I will do that! Especially as I am working with the 30 pound ropes! It will give me an excuse to catch my breath! LOL :)
 
Well, let's see. A lot has happened since I last posted on here! I am finishing my family mediation course this Friday and will be certified to do divorce meditations. That is when I need to get serious about finding a lawyer who will let me do meditations pro bono for my practicum. I have two more classes that I missed during knee replacement surgery or I would have been doing cartwheels after Friday! I am sure Dr. Maale is glad I have two more semesters!:rotfl: I will also go back to Abilene in June for another week and do the other part of my practicum. It will run concurrently along with my last class, so I am hoping to graduate in July!:happydance:

My kneecap "capsie" has been playing games with me, and so I have had some minor glitches in PT. Still working on the VMO muscle and doing 3-4 times of Personal Training a week as well!

My hubby said last night, after I had come home and showered and put on jeans and a nice shirt and we went out to dinner, you look fantastic! I can tell you are losing a lot of inches, cause those jeans aren't fitting anymore and neither is that shirt! LOL Nice compliment, and so I thanked him, only to hear him say this morning, what ELSE do you do with your day besides school and PT and Per Training? I invited him to work out and keep up with me but he declined!:heehee:
:)
Fiesty Felice had me on the bike for 25 minutes yesterday and I accomplished 5 miles in that time. We always do the arm bike with resistance, the wonderful weighted ropes and we are always doing lots of other fun stuff! She wants to make sure I never get bored!:rotfl: I made the mistake of saying that when I was using the ropes that I didn't break a sweat but I was breathing hard on the weight loss board, so now we do lots of conditioning before we do the ropes and then she asks me "are you sweating now?!" Me and my big mouth! LOL Gets me into trouble when I forget that I have invited my personal trainer to help anyone who would like help on the BoneSmart weight loss site! I think I was the one that "benefited" the most! Felice is so perceptive and she watches closely to see if things are getting too easy for you! I just can't win! (Well, I can, and I am, but boy am I tired and sweaty after a workout!) :thud: :giggle: I told her instead of breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth to catch my breath, maybe I should just drop to the floor! Don't they say in the event of a fire to get as low as possible because that is where all the oxygen is???:). Fiesty Felice
 
Sonja, you are just
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
and
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
!!!!


You never cease to amaze me with your energy, perseverance, and joie de vivre!
 
Sonja :goodpost: , When you're finally done, you are going to come to a screeching halt!:bicycle2: You won't know what to do with yourself! That's what I use to tell my hubby when he went to school and worked full time all those years, however he always found something to do.:sleep:
Well done kiddo!:friends:
 
Sonja,
YOu are doing such a terrific job. Pretty soon we won't recognize you except for the SHYNESS of course. May the Lord give you the strength, courage and wisdon to reach your goals, and I know he will.
Next year when you Win MISS TEXAS please remember your hobbled friends.
By the way I am putting your snowboarding(Skiing) and roller derby uni on hold I am tired of having to keep taking it in.
 
Awww.... Shucks... :blush:

Giving me all those compliments makes me blush! I'm just an ordinary woman doing ordinary things! :happydance:
 
Drum roll please....... I am FINISHED with my Family Mediation Class! I was up til 5:00 a.m. this morning, working on polishing my portfolio but I am finished! :happydance:

I did skip Felice at 9:00 this morning but she understood! She has a heart of gold underneath that Personal Trainer exterior. Two days ago, my knee, popped out while riding the recumbent bike, and Chris the PT came and adjusted it. Yesterday, it hurt, but I I'd PT and by the time it was over I had gotten it back into the groove, I did Personal Training, but Felice is always watching out for my knee! This morning I got up from the guest bedroom bed, and my knee hyperextended! :groan: Goodness, all I want is those muscles to strengthen so this stuff will quit! Most people that have this revision surgery don't have the same problem, but with all he did to make sure I was infection free, it has and will take longer to finish strengthening!

I try to find a way to throw myself a pity party but it is always short lived! God has been here and he will see me through to the end!

:happydance:

I found out today that one of my Dad's brothers is in intensive care. They found him at the bottom of the stairs. They are going to do an MRI today, to find out if something caused the fall or the fall is the problem. He is non-responsive at this time. Please keep his family in your prayers. My Dad had a seizure and they found the Brain Cancer that way. That is what they are worried about. So much cancer in Dad's side of the family! He was in Bozeman Mt, and they airlifted him to Billings. skigirl, I bet you know where both of those places are huh?! :)
 
Yes, I do---they are on the Eastern side of the State. I live 9 hours from Billings.

Bozeman is where Big Sky Ski Area is--a smaller town than Billings. I am sorry about your uncle. Kelly
 
Sonja, congrats on finishing your class. Always good to get through something important like that. Sorry your knee went out again, yes, got to get those muscles tight, hope that will happen soon. Prayers for your uncle, the unknown is always so scary.
 
Yes, I do---they are on the Eastern side of the State. I live 9 hours from Billings.

Bozeman is where Big Sky Ski Area is--a smaller town than Billings. I am sorry about your uncle. Kelly

My Dad grew up about 2 1/2 hours away from Bozeman on the Farm that this brother still runs. The closest town is Plentywood up in the Northeast corner of Montana, 15 minutes from the Canadian border.
 
Sonja, Congrats on finishing your class!!! Way to Go!!! YIPEE!!! Hooray!!!

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Prayers for him and your family!!! ((((hugs))))
 
Hi sonja, soUnds like you are having a mixed time of it at the moment. Great you've finished your class but sorry to hear of your uncles fall, I hope he is ok. :flwrysmile:

Take care, Fernie
 
Back
Top Bottom