Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Your hard work and perseverance is paying off big time:heehee:. You put some of us to shame.


Keep up all that hard work and keep the pics coming. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
You look beautiful! Congratulations on the changing of the T-shirts!
Rock on!
Sandy

Thank you Sandy! Lots of hard work, sweat, and even a few tears have been shed as Katie informed me I could not wear any more of my "Tent" t-shirts to PT! :rotfl:
 
Sonja, you have the biggest smile in that picture, which caused me to smile for you! You Look Mahvelous Dahling:thumb: , as Billy Crystal would says! Fabulous Sonja, great job! You make all us BoneSmarties proud of you!
I'm sure you were sexy before, it's just that Pat see a whole new you!:friends:
 
Thanks Jacky! :happydance:

You have an uncanny "Nack" of knowing when I need you! Thanks for being a great friend! :friends:
 
Sonja, you have been an inspiration to me and if I don't hear from you in a while, I can't help but worry about you my friend! Post when you can sweetie, just wanted to hear from you! :console2:
 
Sonja we will have to change your moniker to biggest loser...you look as if you have been working out with bob. Seriously, we should pitch the producers with doing a show with only contestants that have had joint replacement....
You seriously look fantastic!
 
Sonja....my goodness! Your photos are nothing short of spectacular!!! What a change for you and you have every right to crow about it. Hope you get that vacation property. It's nice to have a secret hideaway.
 
Well... Yes, Jamie we are buying the cabin! :happydance: Thanks to everyone for the wonderful encouragement on my weight loss! I have a cheering squad at T-Star also, that are regular exercisers but are "older" folks who have been there from the day I started! The great thing about T-Star as a gym, is no one is looking down at you! We have several doctors that come there to exercise after they get off of work, and they are very nice also! I must say my mind, my body, and my spirit have all reawakened as a result of this "transformation in progress!" I love who I am, where I am heading, and I am looking forward to a rewarding career in Mediation.

I went back to my old school last Friday and taught a group of 9th graders about conflict resolution! When I did the bullseye with them, their name was in the center. I had them listing family in the first ring out. Then, friends in 2nd ring out, acquaintances 3rd ring out, outside influences 4th ring out. They really got into the exercise thinking about all the people who caused THEM to have conflict! :whistle:

I paused for a moment, and said when everyone is finished I will know, because you will lay your pencils down, but make sure you listed all you want to list!

Then I said, look closely at the bullseye, "Do you notice the 4 arrows from all directions in the background?"
They said yes, and I said where are they pointing? One girl slowly raised her hand and then several more so I asked her and she said they are pointing towards ME! I said "yes, because you are the ONLY one who can choose your reaction to each of the people outside of your circle! When your friends try to convince you to do something you shouldn't "It is your CHOICE to say yes or no!" Same with dating and the way you choose to treat your parents!

The funny thing was, they listened intently to everything I said! I had hooked them! LOL

Not bad for a shy person "huh"!
Oh, I also showed them a picture of me at my heaviest, and how I had made the choice to do something different! Unkind remarks, begging from sister, talks from Mom, none did anything until I decided!
 
Sonja, you shy girl you, getting those kids to listen to you. You go girl. Good job. I hope they remember what you told them.
 
Sonja my dear, YOU are one heck of a motivator! I have heard of that exercise before and it's quite an eye opener, because once you have all of that on paper (the layers of people and outside influences in your life) it give such a visual of who/what real matters or should matter in ones life! What a great lesson you taught those kids that day, and I'm sure it will stick with a lot of them! Great job teach, and thanks for sharing that with us, because many of us adult can use that lesson as well!:friends:
 
Oh, Sonya, how satisfying it must have been for you, to have all those kids listening and taking on board such wise advice!

Well done, my dear, on all fronts! :yay: :dancy:
 
I really don't know how many times I can say it, but here goes again, Sonja-----

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
What a great job with those kids!!!!!
 
Awww... Thanks Judy! :blush:

I love teaching and I would still be in the classroom but for a few little things! You see, I prepared my speech, gave it, accepted the thank you's and left! The teacher was left behind incorporating the lesson into her lesson plans, putting together a test on conflict resolution, and grading all the papers. Then she had to prepare for all of her other classes! They have a curriculum they have to follow especially if they are in Engiish, Math, Reading, or Science, and their lessons are now being given to them that they must teach every day! I I did not become a teacher to become a robot of society's idea of test the kids to death! I stepped off the train, and I am much happier now! :happydance:
 
I can't blame you for that. I am an ex-teacher. I would not want to teach in today's classroom environment nor would I be willing to be forced to join the NEA. Nor would I want someone else dictating my lesson plans.
 
Sonja, I can remember a year or more ago when you were at that turning point with your career....trying to decide whether to stay with teaching or strike out in a different direction...an unknown. I remember that you said more than anything you wanted to be able to make a difference in people's lives. My dear, I think you have found the perfect way to make yourself happy and to help others. Your eyes were open to change and you worked hard. Now you will reap the rewards. Way to go!!!
 
Sonja, I can remember a year or more ago when you were at that turning point with your career....trying to decide whether to stay with teaching or strike out in a different direction...an unknown. I remember that you said more than anything you wanted to be able to make a difference in people's lives. My dear, I think you have found the perfect way to make yourself happy and to help others. Your eyes were open to change and you worked hard. Now you will reap the rewards. Way to go!!!

Thanks for reminding me Jamie! Pat said I should become a motivational speaker! If only.... :blush:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom