Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja congratulations for a job well done and the inspiration you share with others. You could of fooled me when you say how shy you are. With 106 pages here you can't be that shy. Maybe it just took all these knee problems to bring you out of your cocoon.:spin:
 
Sonja congratulations for a job well done and the inspiration you share with others. You could of fooled me when you say how shy you are. With 106 pages here you can't be that shy. Maybe it just took all these knee problems to bring you out of your cocoon.:spin:
Well Nancy I would like to say it was the knee that brought me out of the shyness but my Mom swears I was talking almost from the time I was born! LOL:rotfl:
 
Hey girl, how ya been? I believe your staying busy and that you are staying out of trouble! Right? :scratch: How's your toe healing?
 
Hey girl, how ya been? I believe your staying busy and that you are staying out of trouble! Right? :scratch: How's your toe healing?

Jacky this has been a busy and sad week combined! Sunday was Mom's 72nd birthday, so Pat and I were with her on Saturday and Sunday. Monday, was the day my Dad passed away 21 years ago, although it still feels like yesterday! I miss him terribly sometimes! I had PT on Mon, Per Train, Tue, PT Wed, today is Personal training, tomorrow is PT and Per Training, and Sat I was going to do Per Train but Pat and I will be attending a funeral in the morning for his bosses MIL, and then, we pack up to go to San Angelo (Mom's) for a party that Pat's friend is hosting Saturday night. Sunday evening we come back for a Christian concert of the Newsboys and Building 429! Amongst all of this I have a Memorandum of Agreement to write, a paper about how our pasts have changed us, and a paper on, assessing my teammates and myself. These are due by Tuesday morning at 8:00a.m.

I can tell you though, Fiesty Felice is upping the intensity in my workouts because I don't get any cardio no matter how fast I ride the bike anymore! My heart rate is not being challenged as she says, and we have the level of resistance up to level 3 and I am still going 50-70mph. Katie doesn't want anymore resistance than that right now. LOL



We are going to start training with a combat rope that weighs 30 pounds! I used it yesterday for 21/2 minutes at three different heights and it gives you a great workout in your biceps, triceps, shoulders, everything up top! Oh by the way, I have two shirts that are exactly the same and both say Basketball on them! I went to put one on and it is usually loose, but it fit just right. I thought what in the world?? Well, the one I was used to wearing was a 3X and this one is an XL! :happydance:

Thanks for always thinking of me Jacky! As you can see, I have and will be a "little" busy this week! Oh, tomorrow we get financing for the cabin!

To answer your question, the Toe is fine! It goes with me everywhere I go but it doesn't get to see all the sights! :heehee:

Pat is taking me out for Valentine's and he said he has a special present for me! I bought him a t-shirt that looks like a pug! The best gift I have ever found for him! He grew up with Pugs and Loves them! It's nice that men are easy to please! :whistle:
 
Whoa, you are one busy cookie! Sweetheart you've got to be getting cardio with all that dang running around you're doing! :dancy: I was breathing heavily just reading your schedule for goodness sakes! :heehee:
Great job on the training and the downsizing on the tshirt, that is fantastic! :thumb:
I'm glad to hear that your toe is doing better and just going along for the ride!

Enjoy you Valentine's outing with hubby! And it is nice that men are easy to please! :whistle: :yes:
 
Well, when I blow out my kneecap, I do it in style! Today that sucker went in several different directions, and Valerie, the other PTA was left putting Sonja back together again! It started with the step ups, and I noticed a problem, so I shook the leg and popped the kneecap back into place! Then we were trying another exercise and the darned kneecap acted up again! Valerie to the rescue! Then I got into the Alter-G treadmill and went slowly, and at 16 minutes, I felt the knee give with the brace on tight! :gaah: Well, I had to use the upper body strength that I have been working on with Felice to get out of the treadmill and down into a chair so Valerie could fix it again! Then I did personal training, upper body only, and went back and had Lymphedema ice and IFC! I am tired tonight and so is my knee. It will be fine again tomorrow, but I am discouraged tonight!

Take care everyone!
 
Oh Sonja, that knee of yours is really giving you grief. Hoping all the muscles and tendons and whatever else holds that knee together get strong faster.
 
Aw Sonja, I so hope everything comes into check tomorrow! I know you have a very busy weekend ahead of you, and I hope you are able to enjoy it some! :console2:
 
Oh, it will bounce back! It just likes to give me grief on occasion so I will have something to post about besides all of Pat's and i's wild nights! It keeps me in check! :whistle: Pat was so kind tonight, well he usually is, but he wanted to know if he could do anything to make me feel better. This knee is stiff and sore so no Debbie and Jacky he did not mean :whistle: :rotfl:

He can be a real sweetheart sometimes! I know that I love him and I wouldn't give anything for him! (Don't ask me on days that I am mad though or we might have an auction to the highest bidder! Of course, the same could be said when he is mad at me!) :heehee:
 
Sonja, I am so sorry this thing with the kneecap keeps happening. I know how discouraging the same setback can be. I just hope that with time the tendons and ligaments will get stronger and keep things in place. It does take much longer for them than for the muscles. Just keep at it girl!
 
Oh you know me! I will keep chugging along and working on it! There are times I get frustrated, but everyone who physically sees me, says I have come a long ways! (I think the knee looks for a pity party occasionally if you were to ask me, so it does "The Pop Out Special!" It's favorite party trick!) :rotfl:
 
Sonja, it is hard not to get frustrated, especially when you want something very badly. I know that too well. But I know you will keep working at it and it will just improve on it's own schedule. :kittykiss:
 
Yep, I am going to see my Personal Trainer Fiesty Felice, at 10:00 this morning! I was busy "giving myself grief", and she said, I want you to come up with two positive things about you! At the time they were strong and funny! Felice knows how to motivate me, how to keep me from getting down on myself, and she is one of the most insightful people I have ever met! She may seem quite, but she is always watching to make sure that things are going well! God sent Felice into my life when I first started looking for a new place to find rehab, and his "angel" has been by my side ever since! Not often you will hear me refer to a personal trainer as an angel, and there are moments when she is challenging me that I know the halo has slipped to one side! :rotfl:

But, I would not trade her for any of "The Biggest Loser Trainers" or even Mr. Eye Candy Chris Powell on Extreme Makeover, Weight Loss Edition! Felice is every bit as good as they are and I will still have enjoy having her as a friend, long after those shows move on to new contestants!

I am also revising my thoughts on weight loss! I am toning as I go, so I won't have huge amounts of loose skin from drastic weight loss. Slower weight loss + Toning! Yes, I can handle that! :happydance:

Let me say, Felice knows what each of her clients can do, how motivated they are, and with me, she pushes me hard! She knows that's what I want, although I wouldn't be me without challenging her to challenge me! LOL
 
Sonja, sounds you have a good plan in place and I am glad you have such a good relationship with your trainer. I don't watch those shows you are referring to so don't really have a frame of reference about the trainers. My trainer James is rather a low key guy and not a cheerleader type but we have been together a long time and he suits my personality, although I do sometimes wish he was a little more high energy. But he is able to be flexible with our training when something comes up for me at work and I need to rearrange things, and that is necessary for me right now. But he is good with working with injuries! So I am glad you have someone who works well with you.
 
Elanor,

I need a trainer who will bring the old athlete's competitive streak in me! Felice is excellent at doing that! There are other clients that have other goals and she is super about adjusting to them! Shows don't adjust to the individual, their ratings would plummet! Trainers who can go from a person who is super motivated to one who is just trying to regain some form of feeling good again are the ones I admire most!

Sorry, Felice is not going to be lent out either! I need her here! Now if we get the BoneSmarties Cruise going, I will ask her if she would like to travel! :happydance:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom