TKR Still working on ROM

Oh wow, you did fantastically! Give your new knee a big hug and kiss! It earned it. I agree, go in March. Look at how well you did now and you'll have 3 more months of healing then!
 
So sorry flashcat!!! im 8 weeks post op and get tortured twice a week. my PT pushing hard to get me at 120 rom... im at 113 rom right now. I feel better doing my own PT but I was scared into it as you were. I go today, PT, and im scared to death. I need to pay membership so I can see what real options are. As a matter of fact it's taking me a week to get over the PT acesssment last week. im sick of it.
 
Oh and I do my own PT every day except PT days.... and always feel better with me setting my limits!!!
 
I found that doing my own recovery on my own was always better!
 
I need to pay membership so I can see what real options are.
Hi and Welcome!

Please check out the very reasonable options that the Insiders Club offers. We would love to get to know you better and help you with your recovery.

Here are some links for you to check out:
Membership/Insiders Club
Guidelines for Posting

You can also join the Insiders Club easily by clicking on your username and avatar and then selecting MEMBERSHIP in the drop-down menu.

We are a non-profit organization and the small subscription cost goes toward keeping BoneSmart available for everyone.

Best Wishes! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you. I went to rehab today and this is the 3rd time they've hurt me... I tell them to stop and then they do it again.... im sick and tired of hurting from rehab!!!!
 
This maybe a dumb question. Is bonesmart legit? I read some weird stuff and was concerned. I really want rehab for my knee replacement with confidence and no pain.
 
I got a lot out of PT once I finally got there! But I’m with you about not going early on! Bending the knee aggressively is not helpful! It set me back! I got so much from this organization when I felt no one was listening to me! Good luck and trust yourself as well. I was really conflicted about the difference between my feelings and the surgeon and PT about my care. I’m starting the 7th month January 5th. I still have limited ROM but it is improving slowly. I’m going to PT 1x a week and this is my last month. I’m doing well and plan to keep exercising and trying to live more!
 
Hi there, Flashcat! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and you're feeling stronger month by month. You did so well on your trip to NYC that I bet another adventure in March will be even better. Something to look forward to in the new year.
I hope you'll join us at the annual BoneSmart New Years Eve party this week. The thread will appear in a couple of days. Wishing you all the best in 2026! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Please forgive me for derailing your thread one more time. Hopefully we can get banjo_picker to join us as an Insider and then clean up your thread. :wink:


Is bonesmart legit? I read some weird stuff and was concerned.
Welcome to BoneSmart, banjo_picker! :wave:
We'd really like to answer some of your questions, offer you advice and also clear up any misconceptions you may have about BoneSmart. If you'll join us as an Insider, you'll have a place to record your progress and receive support and encouragement from the community. We will be able to ask you questions and get more detail about your PT and hopefully offer advice to get you to a place of less pain and discomfort than what you're currently dealing with. We have Recovery Guidelines we can share with you also. I believe you'll find the information beneficial.
We're unable to support you on another members thread, so..... please join us as an Insider! :)
 
Im so sorry... im new and haven't figured out how to make a new thread

I never figured any of it out! And everyone was always kind and helpful! Bonesmart helped me be more assertive about my own treatment options! I cannot tell you how much getting a response, to one of my inane questions, at my worst points in recovery helped me! Great information and experience! I’m grateful ☺️
 
We’re grateful for YOU as a BoneSmartie, @Flashcat. It’s so rewarding to hear that we’ve helped you in some ways toward a more successful recovery. Hearing that you’ve become and advocate for yourself just makes our day. ((((HUGS))))
 
We’re grateful for YOU as a BoneSmartie, @Flashcat. It’s so rewarding to hear that we’ve helped you in some ways toward a more successful recovery. Hearing that you’ve become and advocate for yourself just makes our day. ((((HUGS))))
Thanks again to all of you bone smarties! Started the 8th month post op! ROM isn’t where “they say it should be” I ok with my slow but steady progress. I can get the bend to 95 pt can get it to 100! So yay!
I’m going with my girlfriends to New Orleans in early March :loveshwr:it’s a longer trip this time 3/3-3/8.they have a friend that works there 6 months out of the year and lives in the NC Mts 6mo! Nice! We’ll be on foot again mostly! In the French Quarter! I almost can’t believe I’m getting so much better each week!
It’s the hardest surgery I’ve ever gone through!! So much conflicting advice.
Mostly the medical community thinking aggressive pt is the end all of recovery! I definitely will NEVER have an MUA. I’m grateful for the wisdom and compassion I’ve been given here! I see the surgeon next week! I suppose I’ll dismiss myself :yellowcat:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom