TKR Still working on ROM

I wish you the best of luck!
Safe travels, Flashcat. How fun, NYC at Christmas time. Good that you're taking your cane, you may need it with a packed schedule. Carve out time to rest too!
Enjoy! :banana-santa:
@Flashcat
 
Thank you!! I’m so bundled up it’s silly!!
 
Oh! That would be wonderful! I’m ok and it’s freezing cold today! :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
It's cold in Virginia, too. We had 6" of snow, which closed most things down for 2 days. We just aren't used to this, especially this early in the season.

Have a fun and safe time!
 
Hello and Happy Friday! :wave:
Wishing you a safe trip if you're making your way back home from the big city today.
Once you're settled back in and have the time, let us know your thoughts on travel from navigating the airport to getting around NYC at seven months post TKR. It may be helpful for others planning travel over the holidays.
I hope you created many fun memories with your friends and wish you a relaxing peaceful weekend.
@Flashcat
 
I had a ball! I found having a cane to take out with me in the evenings, once I was already a bit tired, really helped my confidence and stability. Kept people clear of my knee too! I found NYC to be easier to get around in on foot, than where I live in the South! Everyone was helpful, friendly and kind! It was SO expensive, but I knew it would be. We stayed in Midtown so everything from restaurants to shows were walking distance from the hotel. We Ubered a few times due to rain and exhaustion :yawn:. The airport (LGA) was fantastic! It has been renovated and I went through Delta which is terminal C. The whole thing! No problems at all! The delta people in my town suggested I use assistance to the baggage claim and the gate going home. They were there waiting for me with a chair at the gate at LGA when I deplaned! Then helped me get my bag and a taxi!
It really couldn’t have been smoother. My friends arranged the hotel and it was grand! Very helpful people everywhere! Have lots of tip money ready but I didn’t mind one bit! I found NYC to be absolutely amazing! We took a morning horse and carriage ride through Central Park and had lunch at Tavern on the Green! No one minds if you just want to order small! I wish I had done more of that! I rarely ate the whole meal anywhere. We did a lot of the tourist stuff! Rockefeller Center, tree and watched skaters! We went to Carmine’s and the food was served family style so be careful or you’ll easily order too much! Luckily we noticed how it worked and just ordered one big giant plate of pasta and meatballs! Heaven! The Richard Roger’s theater was a bit tricky for me! But I went up and back down 3 flights of 100+ year old steps with one friend in front and one behind me to make sure I didn’t fall! Radio City Music Hall was easy! If you plan ahead it can be done safely and I had such fun!
IMG_6871.webp
IMG_6864.webp
IMG_6852.webp
IMG_6843.webp
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Still working on ROM
    IMG_6864.webp
    145.5 KB · Views: 20
  • [Bonesmart.org] Still working on ROM
    IMG_6852.webp
    178 KB · Views: 29
  • [Bonesmart.org] Still working on ROM
    IMG_6843.webp
    167.1 KB · Views: 27
  • [Bonesmart.org] Still working on ROM
    IMG_6837.webp
    162.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful report and photos! So glad this worked out for you. I know it was a mental boost to be able to navigate a trip like this.
 
I’m so glad you had such a wonderful trip! Look how much you did, and how much you enjoyed yourself with what some consider a “low ROM number”. From now on, forget the numbers and just enjoy your life. The number will probably improve over time, mine continued to improve all through my second year, and I didn’t do anything but live life to improve it, no “exercises.”

Best Wishes for the future! :carols:
 
I’m ending PT soon! I see the doc 1/28. I’ll do just as you say! Keep living my life!
My same 2 adventurous friends asked me to go to New Orleans with them in March! I’m thinking about that! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
I say go for it!!! Just plan ahead like you've done this time for all the possible "what ifs" and enjoy yourself. Personally, I'm a big fan of the wheelchair assistance in today's airports. It removes a lot of the stress from traveling for those of us who are "of a certain age" whether you have mobility issues or not. And the cool part is your whole party gets some of check-in perks right along with you. I aways chat with the person helping and give them a good tip, so I feel good about it as well.
 
Grab that cane and go! Just as Jamie said, go for it. Airports offer assistance for those whom need it. I have no problem asking! You've got this and your friends are ready to have fun it seems.
 
thanks Eaglemom! I will!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Such an exciting time you had! I'm happy for you, Flashcat.
It's wonderful to read how you enjoyed your NYC trip. It's fun to hit all the tourist hotspots that we're all so familiar with through tv and movies. Lots of energy in that city which can feel like sensory overload, but so worth the experience. I'm glad you did well enough to have the confidence to travel to New Orleans in a few months.
Happy Holidays! :banana-santa:
@Flashcat
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom