TKR Still working on ROM

A belated Happy Eight Month Anniversary!
Great to read you're doing better week by week. Recovery can be difficult, but you're powering through, Flashcat.
I wish you the best for your OS visit next week. Please let us know how it goes.
Happy Thursday and Happy New Year too! :SUNsmile:
@Flashcat
 
Update: trkr 5/5/25, lots of set backs including aggressive PT! I’m heading into month #9 PO. I met with my surgeon Wednesday this week. He never once mentioned an MUA! :yes!:
He said since I’m happy with the gradual progress with ROM I should keep my exercises up and I’ll go back at 1 year PO for final Xray! So I completed PT this week as well! I’m passively bending 100°and 95° on my own! I stated out at 53-57°! I’m continuing my work on my end! I’m going to New Orleans 3/3-3/8! Thank you all again! I couldn’t have made it without you :swim:
 
As I’ve said before, I really had a lot of improvement, in all ways, in my second year. I hope you will, too!
 
Enjoy that trip to New Orleans! You’ll be ready for it after the winter we’re having. Are you in an area expecting snow this weekend?
 
Thanks J! Yes I’m in coastal NC! I’m about as ready as I get! I hope it isn’t too bad! If we keep power I’ll be fine! We’re usually worried about Nor’easters and hurricanes not snow!
 
This is a wonderful report!!! We may have been your coach through this, but YOU were the person who got it done. Great job. I bet you will continue to see improvements for some time if you keep challenging your knee with bending and stretching.
 
You have over a month before you travel to New Orleans. Hopefully you're feeling even stronger by then. You handled NYC so well, I'll bet you do even better in NOLA.
Mardi Gras will be over and all the crazy partiers outta there. :fingersx: Although Bourbon St can be crazy any day of the week. Hubs, my son and I passed through on our road trip back from FL when he was only13 yrs old or so and I was so uncomfortable that I had a grip on the hood of his hoodie the entire time. It smelled like grease, mildew and booze there to me, lol.:sick:

Glad you had a good visit with your surgeon and he didn't mention the "M" word.:wink:
Take good care, Flashcat and stay in touch!
@Flashcat
 
Thanks Layla,
That’s quite a picture of NOLA:)! My husband said similar things and more…I’ll be well hosted! My friends have friends there who have given them a few ideas for our visit. I’m looking forward to it! It’s great exercise and fun!
 
Yes that’s my hope too! I read about people falling at a year or over doing it and getting setback in taking it slow and carefully but still living more and more!!
 
My TKR was in June and the following May I stepped in a hole and broke my ankle and foot on the same leg. I was non-weight-bearing for 6 weeks, and my new knee hated it, it wanted to be used! It is strange how one part of our body can so much affect another.
 
That’s something that I fear and hear so many have something like that after healing well! I sure It’s a tough thing to deal with! I’m trying so hard not to over do or hurt myself!
 
Hello Bone Smarties!
I’m waking up to the fact that my left knee will need surgery. It’s funny how it didn’t hurt the whole year of PT etc! I knew it was as bad as the right knee but the pain was not there.
I still have less ROM than needed in my rt knee!!the left pain slowed me down! I don’t honestly think I can handle another one!
I’m researching the jiffy knee though!
Long lost Flashcat
 
Welcome back, @Flashcat. It's not surprising that leftie is acting up now; it had to carry most of the load for the past year. For me, the second recovery was easier than the first because I knew what to expect, what to do and what not to do.

If you search on the forum for Jiffy Knee, you will see threads from some of our members who looked into or had the “Jiffy Knee” type of surgery. Some people have had success with that approach; others have found that the recovery is no easier than the traditional approach. If you decide to proceed, be sure to find a surgeon who specializes in the approach and has done a lot of them.
 
Thank you Benne68!
I’ve read some of the same things on jiffy knee support group sites. I hope that all the PT and exercise classes have helped me to get through another one. Terrified to go through this again!
I went NOLA march 3rd. it was a good trip. Not as therapeutic on the knee this time!! In fact the uneven pavement I found in a lot of places actually hurt some!!
Still working on ROM!
Flashcat
 
Back
Top Bottom