Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pumpkin .... I thought about that, but hate to get twisted up in the court system. My son is a lawyer so maybe I'll ask him about it ..... he's a Patent Lawyer, so he may not be too familiar with this type of thing, but at least I can try. I don't really have the money for a lawyer as I'll be moving in Spring. But, you're right .... I think I'll start by writing to Todd's boss and owner of the firm and see what he says or offers. Never thought I would run into something like this.
abby (Barb)
 
Oh @amberpep I'm so sorry to hear your news. I Totally agree with @Pumpkln's post. Both legs affected.
I wish you luck whatever you decide. You're venting in the right place that's for sure. You will continue to get good sensible advice. The kid needs to be dealt with. Wrecking Thanksgiving and now Christmas is too much for anyone x x xx

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi Nana moon ...... thanks for your words of kindness ...... I appreciate them right now. I guess the first thing I'll do is write to Todd's supervisor and let him know all this. I don't know what I expect him to do though. I know my Ortho's assistant pretty well and she told me to talk to my Ortho about it and he would probably talk to him and "ream him out." He knows all this, but I don't think he's tied it altogether. And, it seems all these professionals sort of stick together. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels that way. Now I have ahead of me a move down to where my girls live, about 4 hours away. And, the job of packing, cleaning out, sorting, is all mine. I have a girlfriend who is going to come down for a few days in Jan. to help, which I'm thankful for, but the bulk of it is mine to do. My doctor told me "I need to take care of myself." Well, what does that really mean? How do you do that when everything is yours to do? Thanks for listening to my prattling.
abby (Barb)
 
Hello Barb
You are not prattling by any means. I am very glad to hear you're going to be nearer your girls. It will make a massive difference to you.

It will pay you to write a letter, yes they will appear to stick together but behind the scenes, his butt will most certainly be kicked. A letter will be taken more seriously or even an email. The trouble is with phone class people don't always make notes, they hang up and forget. If you read something it usually sticks in your head more. Don't forget to keep a copy of the letter in your handbag/purse? For safekeeping especially with moving.
Will one of your family come and lend a hand if you asked? X

The only suggestion is that you do enough until your body says oi that's enough! Ice and elevate in between. Make time to do this. It's easier said than done I know this. It's a daunting task is moving, let alone the sorting out. Maybe small amounts an hour a day. Leave it and do more the next day or in the evening if you feel up to it. You have to pace yourself slowly each day xxx each thing that is fine is a thing less and each day there will be less and less to sort out xxx

Good luck, please stay in touch

Love Nana moon 27 x Ann xxxx
 
That's pretty much what I've been doing. But, it really goes slow. I've been sorting through clothes .... keep, give away, toss out. I love my 3 kids but when it comes to coming here to help, I know the answer I'd get .... my oldest daughter has 2 kids in grade school (that's her reason), my next daughter works full time (that's her reason), and my son .... well I wouldn't even bother. He's a lawyer in D.C. and the pace in there is horrible. He couldn't even take me to the hospital for the revision. It's sort of depressing. They want me down there in Spring and yet it's all up to me. And I'm to take care of myself ..... hmmmmmmm ....... something is wrong with this picture.
Barb (abby)
 
Barb,
A consultation with a personal injury attorney is usually free. It will not hurt to get an opinion.
You do have to take care of yourself, and do what is right for your like Nana Moon27 said.
You can also report him to the PT board, they will investigate, and most likely put him on probation, a real pain for the PT.
I suppose at this point in time you will need very little help from your family, but as time goes by that will change. I hope they are able to step up to the plate so to speak.
 
I have to say Barb, I only see my eldest daughter one evening in the week and on a Saturday. She works full time. She lives five mins drive away. She has a son of 19 and a partner. My other daughter doesn't work yet, she's planning to. She's got three kids and a partner. Her eldest daughter of 14 is like my shadow and stays with me as often as she can. Her school is very close to where I live. They live about ten mins away. I see her the most often but I try not to put on her too much as she's not too well right now. I have to say they were very supportive after my TKR, I don't know how I'd have coped without them. They're brilliant girls. My son lives some distance away and I don't see him very often, he has a partner and four stepchildren. She often texts or whatsapps me to see how I am x x x

You will probably find that they will see you the odd evening and definitely Saturday or Sundays.

Good luck Abby xxx
 
Unfortunately both my girls live 4 hours away. See a personal injury lawyer and/or report him to the P.T. Board ..... now I just might do that. Thanks for the suggestions.
abby (Barb)
 
I just wrote to a Personal Injury Lawyer in my town, 5-star rating, to see if I could set up an appointment with him to discuss this. I also asked him how much it would cost. So, now we'll see.
Barb
 
Well, I've decided that tomorrow I'm writing a letter to the young P.T.'s boss, who is also the man who owns the both facilities. I'm going to tell him exactly what has happened and what it's caused in my life. Then I'll see what he says. I've contacted a lawyer's office, but it was one of these "complete this form" deals, so I don't know if they will call or e-mail me or not. I guess I'll have to wait and see if the owner offers anything himself. I kind of doubt it, but then ... if he smells lawsuit, he just might just to avoid that.
abby (Barb)
 
Hi Pumpkin ... it's Saturday and it's been a very frustrating day. I filled out a long application for an apartment near where my girls live, about 4-5 hours from here, tried to do some sorting and cleaning out for my move in Spring .... I did that for about an hour and I was exhausted. Fighting with this knee especially is getting very, very, old. The foot, I think, is about on target, but I don't know. I see my doctor this week. I'm going to talk to him about this knee and how the instability caused this broken foot. I talked to my son today .... he's a Lawyer .... about a letter vs. a suit. He said I probably did have a case if I wanted to invest the time in court, which could take quite awhile. He said it might be better to write the owner a letter, and end it with something that will make him think I am planning to sue, and he might come back with a settlement. So, my son is thinking about the way to say it so this will plant the seed in his mind. So, I'll wait for that and write to the owner, using my son's last paragraph or sentences. I was told that both the owner and the P.T. both no doubt have insurance.
abby (Barb)
 
How's it going this week, amber?
 
Hi kneeper ..... well, when I saw my Ortho. this week he took the cast/boot off of my left foot and the brace off of my right knee. He told me to wear good supportive sneakers and be real careful with the knee. So, yesterday my son came over (it was Sat.), we went out to dinner, to Home Depot, to Target, and everywhere we went the parking lots were packed .... there were some special Christmas things going on in Frederick. Well, by the time we got to Target, my knee and foot were a bit uncomfortable. This morning they were not happy at all. So, I put the brace back on my knee and the cast/boot back on my foot, and took 4 Ibuprofen. I have not even gotten out of my pajamas. Guess I don't really know what "take it easy" means. Otherwise, I was doing well. I start P.T. after the holidays, with my original P.T., Karen, who is wonderful. I want to get this all straightened out before I move.
Barb :meow:
 
Hi Barb,
Welcome to the ODIC, I hope your foot and knee recover soon from too much activity.
Just curious why you did not go back to Karen right after your revision?
Your son is right a lawsuit would take a lot of your energy.
At the very least the owner needs to know how badly you were injured, and take corrective action with the PT.
Hope this is all behind you before you leave for your new home,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pumpkin .... this is "Abby" but my real name is Barbara. Re. Karen ..... well I did think I was going to her because it was the same facility. But when I got there, what a surprise ..... everything had changed .... there was not 1 P.T. left there that had been there before - front office staff gone, and everything was moved around. What in the world was this all about? I found out where Karen is and I'm going to her after the holidays. This move has me on overload ..... I don't want to move, although it's practical, and as for sorting and clearing out to pack ..... I hardly know where to begin. Between the move and these legs, I'm all "twistigated" up!
abby (Barb)

:thud:
 
That explains why you did not see Karen, glad you found her and can go back after the first.
Your plate sounds very full between now and when you move.
A neighbor moved last year to be near her sons, and is enjoying the senior community where she lives.
She was on major overload before the move, but once she got there it has worked out very well.

"twistigated"
That is a new one for me, sounds like the game twister on steroids.
 
Abby.....could you please add your revision date to your signature? It helps us so much to have that information close at hand.

I agree that a chat with an attorney would be a good idea just to see where you stand with everything. There should not be a charge for the initial consultation.

I hope once you're closer to your kids that they will find time to help you. Right now, that would seem to be something you really need. Don't hesitate to be a bit firm when you tell them what help you need. Don't ask....just tell. Adult kids have a funny way of thinking that their parents will always be young and able to do everything and they often don't realize when we start to get older and actually DO need help.
 
Yes, Karen is excellent, and she also makes it fun, and does NOT dress as if she's got a fancy office job, unlike the guy that I had before. I don't know if I told you all this before, but now I have to have 2 teeth cut out. Essentially, they were two teeth, ground down to pegs to hold a bridge; in between them a tooth had been taken out. So, now I have that ahead of me too. Sounds like great fun! NOT! That may have happened during the surgery when the Anesthesiologist jammed a tube down my throat, but who knows. All I figure is I sure must have been a "bad girl" this year ..... no Christmas presents for me! If I had the money (which I sure don't), I'd look into that "Clear Choice" place, but that won't be happening.
"Twistigated" is a good PA Dutch word ...... I use several without thinking and it always makes folks laugh.

Take care,
abby (Barb)
:yikes:
 
Jamie .... I've tried several times and cannot seem to do it. This poor knee has had loads done to it which I have not been able to list. I'm sorry.:shrug:
Abby (Barb)
 
I am very, very sorry to read of these issues that you have!
Jamie .... I've tried several times and cannot seem to do it. This poor knee has had loads done to it which I have not been able to list. I'm sorry.:shrug:
Abby (Barb)
Here is something that may help you with your signature---
How to create a signature
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom