Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realised you had your revision after mine and the moderators on here remind me it's only been twelve weeks. It's the same time frame as recovering from a TKR and the same process after the twelve weeks as before with the TKR xxx it's time and patience. Think back to where you'd be 8 weeks out from having your knee replaced, that will help you get your head around it. Take it easy Barb you should be back to your activities once you've got things sorted and moved x

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ann ..... I really appreciate your reminding me of that. As dumb as this sounds, I just didn't think about it.
And, interestingly enough, my family has seemed also to have totally forgotten about all the knee surgeries, including this revision. They don't understand why I can't do certain things and why I get tired easily. This is probably fed by my own behavior.
Wow ..... thanks so much again. I'll have to be more patient with myself. Admittedly, that's not something I've been very good at.
Hugz,
Barb
 
Hi Barb

I do understand about forgetting about revision. I only said the other week about how I forget about the revision and keep thinking back to my original surgery. Strange but true xxx it is hard to be patient with ourselves xxx

Love Ann xx
 
Hi Ann .....
It was so good to hear from you today ..... I am in the middle of trying to clean out, sort through, and pack for my move to VA, closer to where my daughters and their families live. I hope I'm not making a mistake.
Since I last talked to you ..... I cannot believe what happened. You know that young P.T. guy who injured my medial collateral ligament? Well, after that I just thought I'd have to live with it, if it went away by itself - fine, if not - well I'd just have to deal with it. For some reason, I wrote to Karen, the P.T. I had several years ago, and wow, did we have a conversation. She is now working at a Physical Therapy Office, whose owner practices "Strain and Counterstrain" or also known as "Positional Release" P.T. All his therapists have been trained in this and continue to take classes on it. He is one of only 4 P.T.'s in the country who is certified to teach it. They do this when you are in there, and then give you one or two minimal regular things to do at home. Ann, I had the first treatment Monday - Tuesday I didn't notice too much, Wednesday I hardly felt any pain, except for getting out of a chair. I had a treatment yesterday and this morning I feel absolutely nothing! Getting out of a chair is also becoming somewhat easier, but on soft squishy chairs, it will take more time. I am totally blown away by this and wonder why more P.T.'s don't learn these techniques. She said, well, the patients don't have to come as often or as long, and there is an element of healing almost immediately. You can look it up on line because I have trouble explaining it. Yesterday, she started with spots on my head, which she did before, and then with her other hand, gently pressed (not as hard as accupressure)on some other area. She immediately said to me ," you have a headache, don't you?" I said yes, but it's an ice pick headache. She just nodded. So there you have it ..... I am so grateful for her and this. I'm getting ready to move, like I said, and if I ever need anything else done P.T. wise, if I can't find a P.T. who knows these techniques, I will come back up here.
Take care my friend ..... back to sorting, tossing, and packing for me .....
Barb
 
I am delighted you found some one trained is S/CS technique, and that it worked so well for you. It is a gentle and effective technique. The PT I go to is trained in the same technique and I have had good results.
Sure do not envy all the packing and sorting you are doing, but and sure it will be worth it when you are moved and settled. We have had some neighbors who moved to be closer to children and grandchildren, they are thriving in their new locations.
 
Oh Pumpkin .... I hope you're right. My girls have been hounding me to move nearer to them for years. I've lived around here for 30 years ..... everything is here I know.........friends, church, neighbors, groups I'm in. Now, at 70 years old (this week) I have to start over in Spring. My daughter keeps saying, "oh Mom, you make friends easily." That's not the point ...... I have never liked change and to be totally uprooted now is not at all appealing. And, since my divorce, 10 years ago, I've become extremely independent. I know that won't always be the case, but right now I do whatever I want to do and don't want to be called at 9 in the morning with someone saying, "hey, I'll be there in 10 min., let's go to the market." My response? "No, I'm not doing that today, I have other plans." Or even if I don't, I may just not want to go. Maybe it will be different, I don't know, but it seems I have little choice any longer.
Barb
 
I believe Eng has retired but try dr Kevin Fricka he is wonderful


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dr Fricka did my TRK.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Redlipstix ..... were your posts intended to make a recommendation for a surgeon in the Washington DC area for Amberpep? I'm not sure why you posted these comments.....
 
Hi @amberpep

Well done with the new style PT. It seems to be suiting you. I'm glad all is going ok. I don't envy all that packing and sorting but it's a small price to pay to be nearer to your lovely family x x

Well done with everything x you're very brave Barb x x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Ann, you can't imagine how much I needed to hear those words from you today ... about being brave. I feel like a sniveling little kid hovering in a corner saying, "help me, help me." This moving stuff at my age is for the birds. But, I'm slowly plodding along. Once I get organized, I can have at it, but how do you organize a pig pen?????
Noooo, it's not that bad. My girlfriend will be down next week from PA and she's a real "master packer and mover." I cannot believe how good my knee is, after only 2 sessions. I still have 6 sessions to go. I am so thankful for relief from this pain ...... even getting out of a cushion-y chair is becoming easier. I could cry when I think of all this. I was to see my OS today, but we had an ice storm overnight and I changed the appt. I am going to give him the papers this P.T. has regarding this "Strain and Counterstrain" or "Positional Release." I think he needs to know about it as the P.T. Dept. they have does not use any of those techniques.
Again, Ann, thank you, thank you ...... with all this going on it is so good to hear from someone who I know cares and understands and can give encouragement.
Barb:zzz::scare:
 
Hi Barb

I don't mind one bit. You've been very good to me and I appreciate the support you gave me especially when things were so bleak.

The thought of moving now would fill me with fear and dread. I wouldn't know where to start. I think that why I get your feeling of dread.

I'm ever so pleased your gf is coming to help you. I have a friend like that. So organised and confident. Like I used to be. It's been a shock to her seeing how I've become. I'm telling my self I'm only feeling like this because of the situation I'm in. It can't last forever x x x

You are doing ever so well despite how you're feeling x the weather here is miserable, dark and raining xxx

Yes I do care about you Barb, very much. I would not stay in touch if I didn't x x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Barb,
Ask your PT if they are having any courses this year, if so give that information to your OS.
Very happy to hear you have a friend visiting with strong organizational skills, you will be packed and ready to go in no time.
 
Ann ..... so much of what you just said could have been words out of my mouth .... fear and dread .... that is so much me right now. It's through friends like you that I feel encouraged. Well, now my dog is pooping all over the place, diahrrhea (spelling?) .... I think she is picking up on my tension. I see you have a hospital appt. this month ..... what are they looking at? I hope you don't have anymore surgeries ahead of you. Isn't it interesting how all these things happen, and we just plow right through. I have to have the roots of 2 molar teeth cut out the end of the month and this morning a crown split right in half and fell out. Let's see now .... knee, foot, teeth, crown ..... what next? Probably the brain, but that "went" a long, long time ago! :heehee: I need to focus on being grateful for this technique my P.T. is using and how well it's working ..... it's hard for me to imagine ...... I never thought it would feel this good again. I love this forum .... if it weren't for it, I don't know what I'd have done many times during this whole spell. Thank you, thank you.
Barb :doggie:
 
Barb, you know moving is stressful and daunting for anyone at any age. It's especially so if you're not sharing those packing and sorting tasks with someone else. So it will be great to have the help of your girlfriend. I think things will look a lot differrent once she arrives on the scene (to save the day, just like Mighty Mouse!)



I have a friend like that too and she has saved me so many times. It takes someone who's a bit more emotionally detatched to be able to dig right in and get the job done. Smiles are in your future! I'm betting on it.
 
Jamie ..... thank you so very much .... I know you're absolutely right. My friend who is coming down from PA is what you'd call a PA Dutch "master packer." Sounds funny, but when she sets her mind to something she's like a whirlwind. LOVED the Mickey Mouse music ...... wow, did that bring back memories .... as a kid that was part of my Saturday morning TV feast - the TV we just got! That with "Popeye, Little Lulu, and Bugs Bunny."
Thanks so much for the memories. :spin:
Barb :flwrysmile:
 
I thought you might remember The Mouse....I watched him too!
 
Happy Birthday!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom