Guest viewing is limited

THR Spring in my step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Kim22 :yay:
You are doing so well!
I know what you feel about the bath....I miss it SO much.
octopus i have this image if you getting into the bath you have more dexterity than I could hope for!
Also getting the sox on?! How I ask!
So happy to see you doing so well though and when everything else is so well on track I guess a bath is hardly an issue,
Keep powering on I say!
 
Wow, Kim22, what a wonderful report you got ... and that you gave to us! So glad you got to see The Man himself. I have tried to write you here a few times but got kicked off the Internet. It's great, of course, that he liked the looks of your X-ray, but (and this is only me speaking for myself), I think some of us expect that the X-ray will look good (given the high percentage of positive outcomes of this surgery). What we also really need to know is how our gait and ROM are doing ... so the fact that you aced those two is icing on the cake.

Wow, yes, those steep hills and uneven surfaces! I tend to forget what killers those are. So he said no physio and no exercises, but okay to walking? Okay, then. Sounds good to me. So glad too that you get to see him again in six months so he can re-evaluate everthing. He sounds very thorough. That's great you not only wrote out questions, but didn't fail to ask them all (like me).

I'm curious about what you said about the bath seat and not taking baths again. I have put taking a bath down on my to-do list and I am scared to death to get down on the floor,much less get down in a bathtub. I am a shower girl, anyway, so that's okay. But I am curious about the bath seat and what that is for. Is it just so you can sit while showering rather than standing?

You sound so upbeat and it's wonderful to hear that. Truly so happy for you, Kim. Have a lovely weekend and celebrate your good news!
 
Kim22
Great news Kim! At least your OS sounds like he gives you clear directions and tells you what is wrong and what to expect. That's much better than most. I hope you continue to improve without any glitches.
btw ...I do get into my bathtub but I have one of those corner tubs that have a seat on the side so I lower myself on that and slide into the tub. I never thought I would ever be able to get in and out of the tub again but where there is a will, there is a way. Baths are very important to me. I can't live on showers alone.
Poppet
I'll give the olive oil a try it sounds like a good natural alternative to all the other moisturizers on the market. I've tried Coconut oil and that works well too. I don't think I would combine it with getting in and out of the bathtub.
 
Hi Peaches It was good to see the X-rays which ruled out and leg length discrepancy and any signs of problems in the none operated hip.I agree with you about the risks of getting in and out of the bath and I think I will stick with the shower for now.He also told me getting in and out of a kayak was not a good idea in his opinion for a year after surgery.To be honest I just want to be able to walk pain free and would be happy with that.
 
Hi Kim22 I'm glad that you saw the surgeon himself! And that he gave you so much time, and you got all of your questions answered. :) Groin strain/tendonitis - at least there's a name to it. The best part was that he listed the activities that were ok to do and not ok to do. Clear direction is something we can understand. So good for you to get some clear answers and to know the replacement is fine and you will get better! :cheers:
 
Thank you ByGosh you are so right it was good to get some clear directions and reassurance. How did the Graduation go ?
 
Poppet
I'll give the olive oil a try it sounds like a good natural alternative to all the other moisturizers on the market. I've tried Coconut oil and that works well too. I don't think I would combine it with getting in and out of the bathtub.[/quote]

Ah coconut oil - my absolute favorite oil for everything... I must write an article about the benefits of the oil (next day off) !

Coconut oil makes an excellent massage oil, it is one of the best things you can apply directly on your skin and hair. It not only gives temporary relief to skin problems like rashes, but it aids in healing and restoring the skin. It has nature’s highest source of medium chain fatty acids (MTC’s), the most beneficial type of fatty acids, containing Lauric acid which enhances the immune system to help the body fight infections, with its anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial actions.

I made up, coconut oil with 20 drops of Tea Tree oil in it, for my after surgery moisturizer.. I have a long handled shower sponge and I sit on my shower stool and apply the oil whilst my body is warm, being very careful not to get it underfoot or on the tiles in case I slip!
 
Kim22 Thanks for asking, the graduation went very nicely. The weather was perfect, my daughter was beaming and beautiful - they wore white caps and gowns which looked very nice, it was outside under a tent in the courtyard of her school, I took a lot of pictures, saw her teachers, and some parents I hadn't seen in a long time. I was able to sit most of the time, only walked about to get good pictures of her, and I managed fine. It was a very happy and exciting occasion.
I just posted a picture of her cake over on my thread, that we'll have tomorrow for her graduation/Father's Day family celebration. It has 2 real pink roses on it, and 2 other small flowers on the sides that you can hardly see in the picture. It's a yellow cake with a white chocolate mousse filling, butter cream basket weave frosting on the sides, and a Belgian chocolate ganache layer on top. It's really delicious. I wish I could save eveyone a piece!
 
Kim22 ... oh, yes, it's wonderful your X-rays confirmed all is good. I'm just glad you got confirmation (and specifics!) about other things, too. You are doing great. Hope you will have time to continue to post so we can
know how you are doing. Your OS sounds really great!
 
Everybody, I am more than pleased to be tagged when somebody really needs me for something. But please, please, PLEASE don't make my name a tag just because you're mentioning my name in the course of conversation! I have something like 20 tags every single day which takes me a considerable amount of time to look at and reply to (when the need arises). It's very frustrating when I get to the post only to find I've just been mentioned in passing! Thank you.
 
Hi Kim22 I'm guessing you are now away on your well deserved break, hope you are enjoying it and that the weather is being kind to you, we are expected to hit 30 degrees next week......yeah right!! :rotfl: I hope you are ok doing lots of lovely walks, not too much discomfort, and don't forget the odd glass of wine, purely medicinal of course. Take care and check in to let us know how it all went. x
 
Littlejem We arrived Tuesday afternoon in pouring rain but today and yesterday and today have been lovely and as you say the forecast over the next week is excellent. Last night we had a good time with 2 friends with a good curry and a visit to our favourite pub The Olde Ship on the harbour.This morning we had a 1.2 mile walk on the cliff top with superb views overlooking the Farne Islands and Bamburgh Castle.I managed it but it was spoiled a little by aches in the unop side,Mainly in the g groin area.Strangely the operated side was fine? When I got back I massaged with the oil and that seemed to help but now its my left knee which is playing up.This recovery lark is very hard to fathom.

Poppet Thanks for dropping by.I have been following your comments on the Elmore Oil and I noticed you mentioned that vanilla is also an anti inflammatory so just wondering if we should add into the oil and if so how many drops and is it ok to use the sort of vanilla extract we use in cakes ? I see you use it on your hands and it has been effective.I also have been using it on my arthritic hands with good effect. I have also been following your retirement story and I recognise the counting of pay days which I used to do before I was lucky to be able to retire 2 years ago.Your retirement day will come round in no time.
 
Kim22 I am trying to catch up on some of threads here. Since I went back to work it's hard to keep up. It sounds like you're doing well and away on vacation. The place that you are at sounds beautiful. I hope you continue to have good weather. I agree with the recovery not knowing what will hurt next. I am going to have to get some of that Elmore Oil, my knees are what are hurting now, I hope it helps.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Spring in my step
maybe as long as your hip was hurting you just didn't notice your knees. Now the hip pain is gone----so your are noticing your knees.


I knew my knees were there, but before hip replacement my hip caused so much pain and kept me off my feet as much as possible. Once the hip was replaced, I was on my feet a lot more, doing a lot more and realized that my knees were in a bad way---so 11 months later, I got myself two new knees!!!
 
I find it I sitting too long without a break, my knees ache.. Certainly tells me it is time to get up and move. :)
 
Kim22 Liveringer sandybeach Yep. Im with you in the knee pain gang. My knee on the non-op side is getting increasingly painful. I had a cortizone injection but it hasnt done much. I had a knee problem before the hip problem, but as the hip pain increased, the knee pain decreased. Maybe as bottomshollow says , your body can only recognise one area of pain at a time and 'blanks' other pain out. :shrug:
I can see us all having to cross over to the knee side by this time next year at this rate. I've already been nosing over there to check it out :rotfl:

Its going to be blazing hot next week. I hope you enjoy your break and the weather while we have it !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom