Had my 2 week post-op visit today with the PA. X-ray looks good. Incision looks good. Staples removed (18 in all) yay! Steri-tape for another week or so. Supposed to continue TED on operated leg for 2 more weeks (yeah right)! Can drive today. No lotions/ oils, submersion until 6 weeks. Limit car rides/ drives to 45 - 1 hour and then take a break.
I asked about metal and travel. Yes there is metal in my replacement, but since 9-11 the airports are not accepting the medical/ implant cards. So, I just need to mention it, plan for a little extra time, and they should be able to see the implant with the new machines.
I now need to begin to think more about when I will return to work. I have my calendar cleared for 12 weeks, but doubt that I will be out that long. Here's my initial criteria for myself. I reserve the right to alter this at any time:
1. Minimum of 6 weeks post-op
2. No need for mid-day icing
3. No pain interrupted sleep
4. Minimum need for day time pain reliever usage
5. Minimum walking aid/ can usage
6. Sustained daytime energy
I can consider a phased return, but it isn't super conducive to my work. We'll just see.
Had a lovely lunch out with my SO after the appointment. Now home icing and relaxing!