11 months post-op. Hi All- I had left hip replacement via anterior approach in February of 2018. Recovery has been mostly ok, but slow. I still get some thigh and groin pain, especially after extended use. I cannot run or even walk briskly. I exercise in the pool almost everyday, but struggle to do any aerobics classes like Zumba or Jazzercise even if I modify. Slight jarring or stumbles can cause pain for days. Socks are still an issue. Heels, even slight ones, are only tolerable for very short periods of time. We went to the Bahamas in October. I didn't take my cane, but walking on the beach was quite challenging. I went snorkeling and quickly realized that I didn't have leg strength to maneuver the fins I was wearing. Now we are scheduled to go to New Orleans at the end of next week and I decided not to schedule any of the walking tours, because they averaged 2 hours and I am sure I can't go that long. I have my follow up scheduled for 2/25. Wondering how others from a years or so ago are doing, but honestly I can't remember any of the screen names to go back and check on them!