Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sounds

Thanks for the suggestion of elevating my legs at night @Thesoutherncook. I am going to try that tonight since sitting in my recliner relieves my quad pain. I am attributing the quads hurting to my fibromyalgia since both of them ache. Other than feeling 'tight' my new knee doesn't hurt.

Hope you are feeling better!
 
I had a great birthday celebration on Tuesday! Monday I made marshmallows for the OS staff. Tues am I powerwalked through the large grocery store for a few items ( always spread over the entire store!) and picked up cocoa to go with the marshmallows, stopped for a Powerball ticket ( hoping to fund that Patience ATM), delivered the goodies to the OS office, dropped off notecards and a watercolor painting at the decorator's shop, had lunch with my BFF and ended the day with a 2 hr massage ( she worked extensively on my legs) !!!!!! A gloriously busy, pain free day!!!

My 6 mon TKR anniversary is next week, so I'll tell you now that ALL is well! The cortisone inj has removed the pain from the old knee and the TKR is painfree! I can do just about eveything I want to do with only minor modifications. DH signed us up for fly fishing classes in Feb ( classroom with 1 day in the river, weather permitting). I'm scheduled to go to a trade show ( monogramming and applique) with my daughter in April and have no hesitstion about being able to do the walking ( plus our hotel adjoins the convention center).
Those of you still in the early stages of the journey, take heart. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!!!!
 
Helen, I am glad you had a nice day! It sounds like Buddy is a full fledge member of the family now. It is encouraging to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you have a blessed day.
 
:yahoo:Sounds like a great birthday and that you have fun things to look forward to. Standing in a river should be a good workout for your legs. A 2-hour massage sounds glorious. Massage has been part of my rehab but only in 1-hour sessions. So happy for you that the cortisone is working. Yay!!!! We are all getting there. :cheers:
 
What great news, Helen! It is truly wonderful to be active without knee pain. Sounds like you are back to a new normal.
 
Helen, better watch those crawdaddies when you are in that crik! Ha! I bet that water is gonna be C O L D! Hope you have a great time.
 
Helen! So good to hear!!! Glad you had a great birthday celebration!!! Always happy to hear how you're doing! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sounds
Today is "Buddy's " 6 month birthday! What a journey this has been!
I am very happy to report being back (almost) to normal. There were times when I thought "Buddy" would never get better, but looking back I realize I have had a smooth recovery. My 2 biggest challenges have been swelling and impatience! Ice and elevation helped both! :chillpill:

I am eternally grateful for this forum for the wealth of information and the priceless friendships. For those of you who are at the beginning of this journey, take heart. It WILL get better every week! Some weeks it will simply change ( occasionally trading the devil for the witch :wink: ) but I can assure you that you will reach this point sooner than later! :loveshwr:
 
Yes! Alright! Yay! So nice to be six months out. I remember thinking how nice it was to be six weeks out (and it was) but 6 months is a huge milestone. So glad you are doing well! Hope you hang around Bonesmart for awhile. Are you celebrating tonight?

:flwrysmile: :flwrysmile::flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Wanttobebiking ! Of course I'll continue to check in. I can't leave my chicks high and dry! I just don't sit for hours reading every post anymore! :running:
OMG, we're preparing for SNOW today.... At least 1"!!!! :rotfl: We won't leave the house tonight!
 
Happy Birthday to Buddy! Thank you for letting me share your journey. You have been such an inspiration and supportive friend. Other than ice and elevation, what do you think has made your journey be successful?

Snow?? I know!!! Today, they are calling for 1/2" here. They have the brine trucks all set to move out! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Thursday night and Friday are supposed to bring us freezing rain and ice. THAT is not good. I bet there isn't a gallon of milk or loaf of bread to be found in the grocery stores. Oh! I forgot eggs! Everyone seems to make French Toast! :heehee: I LOVE snow, but hate the ice we always get. Your mountains usually get the snow and by the time it gets here, there is ice. My Daddy worked for Duke Energy, so as a family, we really hated those ice storms! :snow dig:
 
@Timetolive
I love the French toast reference!!!
I worked at a grocery store for years and I always mused about customers eating French toast for days when it snowed.
Some clever person in the Boston area has created the "French Toast Alert System" that alerts members to any snow threat and also tweets out snow news, like mysterious Boston Yeti sightings. LOL
 
Honestly, Janis @Timetolive, I'm not sure. Sheer determination? My friend drug me to the gym 3-4 times a week for 2 yrs before I had the surgery. I would like to think that helped. I had a wonderfully smart, experienced OS, excellent PT ( who I knew well before this surgery) and support from friends and family. But, most important, I prayed about all of this and ultimately prayed for PEACE.

It is snowing like crazy here! We're already blanketed after only 1/2 hr! We are snuggled in on the mtn with a pot of soup and a pot of chili. Sorry you don't get the white stuff. It is beautiful! I'll post pics on FB!
 
That is an awesome report!!! Thank you so much for sharing your success with us---I am sure that there are some folks who are in the depths of the "Dark Days of Recovery" and you have given them hope!!
My 2 biggest challenges have been swelling and impatience! Ice and elevation helped both! :chillpill:
I often wished that we could buy patience in Aisle 7 of the local store! You did great---and your patience was rewarded!!

Onward and upward!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom