Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sounds

Congratulations on the art exhibit! Quite an accomplishment to be proud of and I hope you sell everything.
You are doing so well with your knee too. I am at 4 months and still get a bit of swelling at night with a wee bit of discomfort in the area when I do my full ROM. I am hoping two more months at the 6 month mark the swelling will stop and my auxiliary muscles will stop aching. Oh and the numbness persists but really not a big deal.
 
Thank you all for your support. The gallery took 4 of my paintings and a ton of notecards. It's a consignment arrangement. I'm very pleased.

On a very sad note, we had to put our sweet Murphy ( 13 yr old schnauzer) down today. It has been one of the most difficult days of my life. Many thanks to Janis @Timetolive for support. Several of you have inquired and I wanted you to know.
 
Helen, it is truly one of the saddest days of our lives when we have to help our beloved pets pass. It is an act of complete love and selflessness to let them go. Take comfort in knowing Murphy is now without pain and is finally freed from the captivity of a brain that did not function properly anymore. When you walk the mountain, I know Murphy will be right there beside you, enjoying nature and the beauty of God's creation. Hugs.
 
Oh, I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard and sad this was for you. ((((Hugs))))
My colleague who teaches beside me just had to say a goodbye to her golden, she had to take a day to deal with the sorrow. Just terrible...
 
So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. It is so sad when we have to do that but it is somewhat comforting to know their pain and suffering is over. I can't handle it and my sweet husband has always taken our dogs for that last visit to the vet.
Sending a virtual ((hug))
 
Oh Helen, I am sad for you! I still miss my blind, deaf and senile cocker spaniel who went to puppy heaven almost 3 years ago. They add so much richness of our lives, and their adoration and loyalty put many humans to shame. I am grieving for your loss tonight.
 
Helen, so sorry to hear about your Murphy.. I know how it feels to say goodbye to a beloved pet.. Hugs to you.. Hold on to all those great memories of warmth and smiles..
 
I am so sorry to hear about Murphy's passing. You have gave him a long and wonderful life. It is very difficult losing our 4 footed best friends. He is now running around with my Dalmatian Chip.:doggie:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sounds
Today is "Buddy's" 9 month anniversary! I've not been on here much because we have been sooooo busy!
I'm happy to report that recovery is going very well with even the swelling ( finally!) slowing down! If I sit for too long, he still swells. But, I've gotten back to yard work and he did delightfully well! I worked outside for 8 hrs on Saturday ( taking breaks and sitting to do as much as I could) then again 4 hrs on Monday and have never felt better! For all of you who are still at the early stages of recovery, take heart- it WILL get better!

On another topic, my DH is slowly emerging from daily grieving over the loss of our sweet dog. He has taken up fly fishing and LOVING it! We live in an area filled with mtn streams and creeks that are stocked with trout; what's not to love?? And he's made a new fishing friend ( after he finally realized that I am dead serious about NOT taking "Buddy" onto slippery rocks! ) Hurrrahhhhh! He has a new sport and I have more time to paint!

And with that, I will leave you with my best wishes for a happy spring and soon a spring in YOUR step!
 
Helen,

The zinnias are beautiful! I am so glad Buddy is finally growing up and not behaving like a toddler anymore. It must be a wonderful feeling to feel like things are finally becoming normal.

Good news the hubby has a new hobby that is helping him recover and get energized with life again.

Take care of yourself and enjoy this wonderful life!
 
Beautiful work! I wish I could create something as gorgeous as this! Also happy to hear Ralph is doing well!
 
What a wonderful update!! 8 hours in the yard is quite impressive.
Sounds like you live in a beautiful area and both of you are making the most of it.
Hope I can post the same kind of update in 9 months! You rock! :snork:
 
Helen what a beautiful painting. I can just see the flowers growing in your garden now that spring has arrived. I'm so very glad that you are doing so well. I'm glad your husband is also enjoying the spring with his new sport.
 
Hi there! Glad to hear you are doing so well and that you are staying out of those trout streams! One less thing for me to worry about. I sure wish I had your artistic talent. I am well. Broke the bike out for good last weekend and I am headed to Europe in a couple of weeks. Stairs are slowly getting better! Get my Synvisc shot in my non-TKR knee next week, which really came through the past 9 months pretty well! Stay in touch!
 
I am doing loads of yard work as well! Nice to see we are blooming right along with our yards. Love the art.
 
This week marks 3 years since my first TKR, 1 yr since the 2nd TKR and 5 wks since THR! My DH threatnes to sell me for spare parts! :heehee:

For those of you who are just starting out on the journey, let this be assurance that it DOES get better! I rarely think about TKR#1. #2 is the side of the THR, so it is still recovering, but both are doing great! I can walk as much as I want and carry on with daily activities, going up and down stairs, etc. This fall I have 2 big trips planned ( 2 weeks in Italy then a week in Paris) with every expectation that both trips will be pain free!

My words of advice are these....be PATIENT, adjust your expectations and celebrate small victories. Have faith that there IS life after joint replacement!

Many thanks to this forum for support, encouragement and sensible advice.
 
Thank you so much for your very uplifting and encouraging post! Here is it, recovering knee patients, patience is very helpful and actually necessary! It does get better!
 
How wonderful to hear from you and that you’re doing so well! Italy AND Paris? :roseshwr: You are going to have such a wonderful time!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom