Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sounds

Adding to my frustration is our 13 yr old miniature Schnauzer and his Canine Senility diagnosis. And his getting up at 4 am! Today I was exhausted and when he started scratching on his soft sided crate at 4 am, I played "dead
( in the South, aka playing 'possum) and DH got up with him. I slept until 7:30! After getting up at 4 am for 3 wks, 7:30 was heavenly! I feel so bad for Murphy. He wanders around the house and gets stuck under furniture and in corners, can't settle down during the day ( which you would think would make him sleep at night). :sigh:
 
Helen, you are in my prayers. What is normal anyhow??? We all have new normals that we are treading lightly through on sore knees. I keep saying, "This too shall pass". Then I mutter under my breath, "When Lord?" Ha!
I am sorry about Murphy. Good on you for playing possum. Your Darling can take a turn sometimes too. :wink:
 
Another adventure to add to this recovery.... I tried a turmeric capsule for OA pain in my old knee. I took it as directed, 30 min before a meal, last night. At 5 am today I started throwing up and finally stopped around 3pm! No food, just the vile yellow colored bile. I am totally convinced it was the turmeric. Check thst one off the list! Ugh! :swoon:
 
Oh no! I am so sorry this happened to you. Maybe get some probiotics to help your poor tummy recover. I will DEFINITELY not try it! I hope you feel better. Rest up. How is Murphy?
 
If it is not one thing, it's another. Hope you are feeling better. I have lots of news but I have been so swamped with work that I have barely had time to breathe. I am going to try to post soon. Leaving for Denver in a few days and still having issues with the stairs. :tantrum2:

Be good to you. You have a lot going on. And stay out of those river rapids! :wave:
 
@Thesoutherncook , Helen, that sounds absolutely awful! I hope you are feeling better by now. I cook sometimes with turmeric (for arthritis, on the advice of a holistic Indian health practitioner), and adding too much can absolutely ruin a dish - it can have a chalky, bitter taste. I am sorry this path is closed for you, and good luck with the naughty knee. You had a very fine taste of what it can be like to move without pain, and I am sure you will get there again.
 
Good news.... I am over the turmeric reaction. I sent an email to the company and they refunded the cost. I threw the remainder away. Done with THAT! My general orthpoedics dr sent in a request for an "exception" to insurance to get me back on name brand Celebrex at a reasonable cost. It worked. And we're going to have another go of viscose/gel/ rooster injections, hoping to "buy" more time with the old knee. The TKR is doing really well. No pain, no swelling and only a very small square of numbness remaining. Some days, I hardly think about it at all.

Our dog is some better. The pain meds are letting him move around without obvious pain. The brain med
( Resvera Chews) seems to be helping and he is somewhat more focused, not getting stuck under furniture. We're still working on sleeping all night. Sunday we were up at 4:30 am, today it was 6:45 and I was shocked! Unfortunatley, it is inconsistent. What works today doesn't work tomorrow. He has been diagnosed with Canine Cognitive Disorder ( similar to Alzheimers in humans). He's a 13 yr old miniature schnauzer.
 
Helen, I do hope you can get some relief for knee #2. That was great you got your money back. It is encouraging to hear Buddy is a full fledged member of your family now!

Prayers continue for Murphy and his Mom. It is heartening that he is doing somewhat better.
 
Hi Helen! Checking in to catch up with you! Hopefully the injections will help your knee#2 - and glad you're past the Tumeric experience. That does not sound good at all.. I've never tried it.. and I'm thinking now I won't be in any big hurry to do so... Sorry to hear about your "puppy", too... (I think I may have missed that when you originally mentioned it??) Hope things continue to get better and you get better sleep!! Hugs to you!!! :friends:
 
Hi there. I miss you. Leaving for Tucson tomorrow to see my sister. There will be no stairs!!!!! Yeah. Denver was a challenge. I had my purse and cell phone everywhere I went, main floor, lower level, upstairs!!! I only had to send my husband once and my son-in-law once bounding up or down the stairs to fetch me something!! And it was great to see the grandkids. We did lots of walking and skied once. It was fun.

You sound great. I still have a "funny feeling" in my knee but not much pain per se except on stairs. Took a couple of Tylenol today, but I have been pretty active so maybe that is it.

My numb spot is gone! I sometimes thin the funny feeling is the nerves waking up!

Give your geriatric dog a big ear scratch from me!
 
Just checking in to see how you are doing. Hopefully your old knee isn't giving you too many problems. Have you had the next set of injections yet? :sneaker:
 
Wow! Life has been crazy busy! I missed my 7 month anniversary with Buddy. We are doing OK. Buddy ( TKR) is feeling almost back to "normal". The old knee is still hurting and no injections yet - waiting on insurance to approve. DH and I took the fly fishing class and the day we went outside to practice casting ( walking down the hillside to an uneven grassy area) while a load of fun, about killed both knees. I've been nonstop in the kitchen cooking for church events, desserts for an American Legion Post's Valentine dinner and a month long house guest. WHEW! I guess swelling can be expected! I've been contacted by an art gallery and just yesterday drove 11\2 hrs to meet with them and place my watercolor originals as well as notecards. I am beyond thrilled! Now, I have bare walls in my studio and NEED to sit down and paint!!!
Our sweet Schnauzer, Murphy, is responding to the meds and somewhat more focused. Although, this past weekend my daughter and her 2 and 5 yr olds were here and a disruption in routine and quiet sent him into a downward spiral. It didn't help that the precious 2 yr old, Hudson, was terrified of him ( ?? They have a dog! ) and screamed whenever Murphy wandered close to him. We were all worn out at the end of the weekend! Lol!
Hugs to all!!!
 
Helen, I am so happy Buddy is doing well. I look forward to that day! So....did you cast in the river? Did you catch anything? :realing: CONGRATULATIONS on the gallery placement!!! You are a very gifted artist. Good news about Murphy. Here's to a day of peaceful painting!
 
I'm glad you are getting on so well. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the OK from your insurance to get your injections. Congratulations on getting your paintings and prints place in a gallery. That's great news. Hearing how well you are doing is helping me to keep pushing towards the revision. I know everything can get better.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom