TKR Sounds

@Thesoutherncook Helen you can't just stuff it through my iPad? It sounds delicious. I don't bake at all. My mom never did so I never picked it up. I'm not a bad cook though as long as I have some hungry mouths to feed. ( my dogs think I should be cooking for them). I was told to avoid steps and uneven ground. I live in the Pocono mountains. I don't even have sidewalks or a paved driveway. There's no such thing as level ground around here!

@Timetolive Janis I never did quite get to do those small steps easily in PT. it was actually easier to try doing the last several steps at my house. My PT was on the second floor so I went in the staircase with them and practiced there. You might want to try it.
 
Helen you are such an inspiration and you help keep me positive during my recovery! Finally at 9 weeks I am starting to like this new knee and can feel the possibilities! Best thing is that I am back in the kitchen as of this week. Have made our dinners and hubby cleaned up for me. Not ready for marathon sessions like you just did...yet...but I can't wait to get back to my cake and cookie decorating!
Great news about the 2nd knee, hope the injection helps. My last injection on my other knee helped about 6 weeks.
2nd knee will be in March! Not excited at all.
 
Hi there! I have been wondering how you are doing. Hope the cortisone shot works! We had a great holiday season and now I am back to work. I see my OS later this month and I have lots of questions about the stairs. Maybe someday I will be able to race up and down the stairs with you. I am enjoying the ski season and I have not fallen yet.
:beg:
 
Hi @Thesoutherncook !!! Hey, sounds like you're doing great. My last cortisone shot in my left knee was almost a year ago and it's been GREAT since then.. (of course, had to take the back seat to my right knee which has been getting almost ALL the attention since then... ) But considering it used to be my "bad" knee.. it's a good thing.. I don't know quite what makes a shot successful or not.. I got a shot in my right knee at the same time and it didn't do diddly squat.. (technical term).. So.. It's kind of hit and miss, from my experience, but when it works, it works! So hope it goes well for you.. and I know really we are WAY overdue for catching up.. You're in my thoughts.. Work is pretty consuming at this point.. trying to find more time for the ALL my bonesmart friends.. but you are one among the top of the list! :)
 
Snagged that pound cake recipe and followed your blog. When you see a picture of a golden retriever in a military hat, you will know it is me! Am baking an apple cake for my son's birthday Friday. I am back in the gym three days a week, and very gradually getting more able. The main thing is I feel fantastic - more energy every day and am so happy and looking forward to this year. My family is renting a house on an extremely kayakable bay in May, and I will be out there come heck or high water. So glad to no longer be watching life from the sidelines.

Good luck not climbing stairs in a 3 level house!
 
Hi Friends!
So good to hear from each of you!
@Braunzie .. I've missed you but so glad your " normal" life is taking first precedence over knee worries!
I hope I'm as lucky as you with the cortisone helping the left/old knee for a while!

@Wanttobebiking ... You absolutely AMAZE me with your skiing! I'm so very careful just stepping off a curb! I would be terrified to ski ( says the Southern girl who has never even seen anyone ski! ) You go, my friend!

@Slainte ... Sounds like you are making amazing progress! Two knees so close together and your recovery is sailing along! I can see you kayaking! Thanks for following my cooking blog. I've not posted in tooooo long. Time to get back to thinking about something besides knees!

@Glamg1979 Baby steps..even in the kitchen. I was thinking today about how I had to sit on a stool ( thanks to @KarriB's sugesstion! ) and cook. Progress will come. I want to see pics of your cakes when you get back into it!
Spring will be a good time for #2 ( Just think, icing will be much more pleasant!) And you KNOW that you have all of your Bonesmart Family out here to cheer you on!
 
@Thesoutherncook Helen do you want to pick a date and we will do it together? I was thinking I was going to try to wait until end of March for my revision. We can be hen go through everything again together. Sounds like fun (not):heehee:
 
Hi Helen, well I don't amaze myself these days. Still painful going down stairs and I'm ready to scream. I see my OS on Jan. 26, but I talked to his office today and the PA started talking about scoping my TKR knee. I said, "Hold up. I am not ready for any of that." My OS is now in Hondurus. He has donates time, teaching surgeons there how to take care of the local people. I really don't think it is the implant. Feels more like soft tissue issues.

I just want the stair pain to go away. I can't get to the swimming pool easily so I've let that go for now. These days I feel pretty unamazing. As my six-month TKR anniversary approaches (next week), I again start to worry.

How's the cortizone working? Still too early to know? Really hoping that works for you.
 
@newlybionic .... Not ME! I got a pass for now on #2! Maybe @Glamg1979 ??

@Wanttobebiking ... Stairs are very hard. You may be right about soft tissue, but with your skiing I would think your legs are in great shape?? Remember, we're only 1/2 way there. :wink: One more withdrawal from @Braunzie's Patience ATM!!
So far ( 30 hrs! ) my old knee is pain free after the cortisone! Let's just hope it lasts for a few months!! It has been wonderful today not to have any real pain anywhere! I very carefully went downstairs to my art studio this am and back up at noon. Then we walked all over WalMart this afternoon. I'm flushing from the cortisone. That plus a busy day has me tired now! But, it's a good tired! I hope you will soon feel as good!
 
Helen, so sorry about the stomach bug!!! Drinks lots of liquids (if you can) and get some rest. I had to postpone my birthday also, so it just gives you something fun to look forward to! I hope you feel better soon. :console2:
 
Happy Birthday, @Thesoutherncook :cheers: Sorry to hear you're under the weather, but hope you recover quickly. I think of you often.. and glad Buddy is doing well!!!! (I'm trying to figure out how I can take a trip to North Carolina.. Just don't have enough VACATION time.. Just another reason to look forward to retirement!!!! :yes!: )
 
Happy Birthday!!!
Oh my, the dreaded stomach flu, I'm sorry.
Do you make your own birthday cake? What is your favorite flavor?
When everyone is healthy Buddy can party, party, party! :loveshwr:
Feel better soon ❤
 
I think Janis @Timetolive let the cat out of the bag! :heehee:
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! This nasty little stomach bug put everything on hold, BUT we will celebrate soon! This is the year I am officially ( by govt standards) OLD! :flabber: Don't tell Buddy!!

@Glamg1979 No birthday cake. :umm:But my favorite is a really good, old fashioned moist yellow cake with white icing and ice cream! You Absolutley MUST have ice cream with birthday cake??!!!

@Braunzie You figure out the timing. You are welcome anytime!! Huraaaahhhh for retirement! I can't remember how I had time to work!

I am very thankful for the Bonesmart Family. You have all been such a blessing through this recovery. I don't know how I would have made it without all of you! Love and hugs to you all!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom