Braunzie
graduate
- Joined
- May 13, 2015
- Messages
- 575
- Age
- 65
- Location
- Woodinville, WA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@Thesoutherncook - just caught up on your thread.. Sounds like things are going really well for you.. And Buddy is doing REALLY well!! I am SOO happy to hear that.. 
Just updated my thread today.. Life is a bit busy .. hahahaha! (understatement!!) But I have been thinking about you.. Know that I am wishing you and your family the very best in this holiday season. Be well, my friend!

Just updated my thread today.. Life is a bit busy .. hahahaha! (understatement!!) But I have been thinking about you.. Know that I am wishing you and your family the very best in this holiday season. Be well, my friend!

Hi Everyone! Thought I should post on my own thread for a change! At almost 5 months, "Buddy" continues to improve and change. The numbness on the outside of my knee has improved significantly! Yeah! I've been on my feet a good bit lately Christmas shopping, cooking, wrapping presents, etc. I caught myself shifting my weight to the NEW knee to take the pressure off #2! I took that as a good sign for the new knee! I went down a few steps that are not as steep as mine and it was good! I still get tired by late afternoon, but even the stamina is coming back... Watch out for the Energizer Bunny with the new knee! 
I can't say I'm at the point of not thinking about him, but almost. DH pointed out to me yesterday that I was standing with my weight shifted to Buddy. Yes, because #2 was being cranky! Occasionaly, I have some swelling. No surprise. I just ice, elevate and rest. I'm not taking any pain meds ( and haven't for a long while) except for an occasional Tylenol. We sleep well ( except when our 13 yr old dog wakes us at 5:30-6am!). So, things are going well.




I'm not much of a mountain climber, except to go around our house and point out what the yard helper needs to do! 
