Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

@Qdogpa I actually thought the same thing.... until I missed a dose of my Tylenol a while back. Now I'm fairly certain it IS helping with pain, I just have to take it on a regular basis and not miss doses. I still prefer ibuprofin but I am not allowed to take it right now as I am still on blood thinners.
 
Also on blood thinners...can’t change either...I keep taking the meds as prescribed, most are finished with current prescription next week...then will see what ails at that point...
 
I had a really good knee day today. I feel like my right is coming along nicely, I only used my walker to get to/from the building then just my cane all day. I still have the shifting feeling in my left and it makes my stomach drop when I feel it. But for the first time I feel like there’s hope I may be normal someday. Days like today make me wonder if I’m doing the right thing but then I feel the shifting and it is really disturbing and I feel like I’ve made the right choice. If both felt like my right I’d be happy despite the little bit of soreness and swelling.
 
I'm glad you had a good day. Once you get that left knee sorted out, you'll have many more good days, with two knees you can rely on.
 
I remember those early days when I needed to sit fast (mostly weakness or pain or both). I have a several stools still placed strategically at my job site!

Once had to get out of a line as I could not stand using cane. Most of my early shopping was grocery where I could clutch the shopping cart for dear life!
 
It takes a few days for me to miss the all over lack of stiffness and joint swelling that I experience with Celebrex. It also took 3 weeks or so for me to have the allover positive feeling when I started taking it. I never seem to have any negative side effects from it. I always take it right at the end of a meal.
Occasionally, I’ll take Naproxen for a few days instead, but although that will give me faster pain relief, it doesn’t give me any relief from the stiffness or swelling, and can upset my stomach.
 
Hmm thanks I’ll keep an eye out for changes. My last dose is today so if I feel awful next week I’ll know why lol.

or it could be that today I’ve spent puttering around the house picking up. I washed all the comforters and blankets and put them away and back on the beds, changed sheets on our bed, put all the sheet sets back together (bless my bfs heart but he just grabs whatever and the not matching sheets was driving me nuts). So far I’ve done 6 loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. I hope I didn’t overdo it.
 
So far I’ve done 6 loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. I hope I didn’t overdo it.
Oh my, I'm afraid both knees are going to fuss at you. I hope not, but don't be surprised if they do. You know what to do if they do!
 
I’m afraid they’re both going to have a tantrum tonight but I’ve got ice packs in the freezer and I’ve taken a lot of breaks. It does feel good to get some stuff put away and organized though.
 
it's great to have a good knee date, isn't it!? I hope all your knee exercise has not put you in "the Club"???

Glad to read about your Co-worker's husband's timing and no interference for your upcoming surgery! I check up on your threads regularly, I'm just not posting as often, since I'm moving forward....My OS had said that by Valentine's day I'd notice a big improvement. I didn't think so in January, but I really have noticed a big change in the knee...just like he predicted!! I hope your Righty continues and that Leftie will be on track with the surgery! Good Luck moving forward!
 
I’m somehow managed to not end up in “the club” yay me! I’m back to puttering around the house today, I don’t have as much to do but there’s a few little things I want to get done before the weekend is over.
 
I also decide to do some meal prep today, I’ve put on a bit of weight since my surgery in August so I’m getting back to my eating plan. I swear I’m the only one who came out of surgery eating everything in sight! I keep delaying it but I guess no better time than now. Even fixed myself a full breakfast. My biggest challenge is making sure everything is out and ready so I don’t end up making ten trips across the kitchen.
 
My kiddos “are you going to share that bacon” face.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sondrals’ Revision
    38B2C469-3183-4608-B4A4-1E8191153393.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 168
If you don’t share the bacon, I will!

Glad you’re doing okay after your activities!
 
I think I’m a little more stiff today but I’m debating if it’s the lack of Celebrex or overactivity. Mostly this morning I prepped a pound of bacon for the week in the air fryer, shredded cheese and prepped some snacks for my workweek. I realized I didn’t ice at all yesterday so I’m probably going to settle in with an ice pack and throw on Netflix until my bf gets off work :)
 
Did pretty good all weekend long, felt pretty good. I think I have a little increased discomfort since coming off the Celebrex, which is fine because it's not really pain, I'm just more aware of my knee I guess. But this morning, somehow, stepping off the porch, I tweaked my lower back. So now I'm ultra grumpy because it's really affecting how I walk. I am tottering around work despite it being a holiday (we didn't get the day off) and wondering how I am going to make it to the end of the day. I keep trying to stretch it out but nothing seems to be helping.
 
Oh my, hopefully I good night's sleep will take that back pain away. Do you have anything like BioFreeze or Ben Gay, something that you can rub on it before going to bed? It should help it.
 
I have biofreeze I’m putting on now that I’m home. Made for a miserable day though. Pretty bummed out about it. Might try the heating pad before bed too.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom