Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

I have a relatively simple question but I have a feeling there isn't a straightforward answer. Is Celebrex safe? I'm about to run out, I got one refill already and I'm trying to decide if I should ask for another or just deal with what coming off it feels like. I missed my dose yesterday as I forgot to bring it with me to work and was pretty sore so I think it must be doing... something. Also will they make me stop taking it prior to surgery anyways?
 
Right now I’m taking 3000mg Tylenol a day plus Celebrex. Maybe I’ll just let it run out and see if I really notice a difference or not. If so I can always up my Tylenol
 
I had to stop taking my Celebrex 10 days before surgery. I have not been cleared to go back on it, yet. I was told it might interfere with the healing process.
 
Weird, I was only prescribed it after each surgery. I never took it before so it’s not something I think I’d take long term.
 
Yesterday I must of been feeling myself because despite working all day and having PT after I decided to go to the store for a quick shopping trip. (I'm bound and determined to find this new Keto bread I saw advertised, but alas, they did not have it) I did use my walker as my left leg is still pretty unstable but I'm happy to report while righty was a little bit painful walking around the store, I did just fine.

My disappointment is in other people, despite having a walker no less than 5 people or their children tried to run me down. I also got several weird looks, my boyfriend said it was because I was all but running with my walker :rotfl: I can't help it that I walk fast! He said he was slightly embarrassed because he was having to run along behind the lady in the walker. I'm actually trying to consciously walk a little slower because I have a tendency to trip over my own feet when I go too fast. I figure eventually I'll get back to normal.

When I woke up righy was a bit sore but a little moving around and it seems fine now. Of course I woke up to 3 inches of snow, wind, and 16 degrees so I would have much rather stayed in bed all day but I sucked it up and headed to work today. My coworker's husband sees the surgeon today and I've got my fingers crossed it won't affect my surgery date.
 
You are so funny! I can just see you "running" with a walker and your BF running behind!

That is so good the R knee is behaving for you! Good luck with the coworker's DH surgery date. I'm hoping it all works out for you!!
 
So good news, my coworker's husband is having surgery next Thursday so it shouldn't in any way interfere with mine. So now I should probably schedule to get my pre-op testing done again.
 
It's great news that your co-worker's husband's surgery date won't affect your upcoming surgery. :yes!:
And I smiled when I read how fast you were walking with your walker in the store. So much for your boyfriend thinking you'd need a wheelchair! You're going to do all right, girl!
 
@Celle I really actually need to learn to slow down my walking a bit. I am perpetually clumsy and going at break-neck speeds is probably not the wisest. I caught myself doing it today again today only this time with my cane, if I trip or my knee feels unstable at those speeds I won't be able to catch myself. I forget sometimes that I'm not 20 anymore :heehee:
 
Can you count as you take each step? One-Mississippi-two-Mississippi, then start the next step.

Make sure you're walking properly, too, landing with a heel-strike and then rolling your foot forward over the ball, until you push off with your toes.
Like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Sondrals’ Revision
 
Celebrex does not affect platelets I was told.
When I stop it, the stiffness returns.
 
Some people are so rude these days along with their pampered/ indulged children of whom they provide no guidance, gleefully. Have you considered a ''four-wheel' walker instead of a standard walker Sondrals? You could move about faster - your steps may be more proper as Celle suggested.

I've long since stopped using my standard walker, but still use my four-wheeler in the house once in a while -- even though I also use nothing sometimes. It depends on how I feel. When tired I like that my four-wheeler is fast and narrow. I also use it as exercise 'station' to sit to do my workouts.
My disappointment is in other people, despite having a walker no less than 5 people or their children tried to run me down. I also got several weird looks, my boyfriend said it was because I was all but running with my walker :rotfl: I can't help it that I walk fast!
 
I get that. I've worked in classrooms and labs w/ teenagers who in some cases TAKE glee in seeing you run about madly on their behalf! For certain they don't respect it... That alone taught me to be more deliberate and paced in my actions. Especially pre TKR years when my knee was really hurting.

Likewise in the college setting where I teach now, I also pace myself, having further found that the 'herky-jerky' expends my energies prematurely. And I don't like how I look or feel running about as I did years back. And enough bruises here and there from running into things also slowed me for sure. Take your time. It's not worth falling. Nope. I am about preserving my knees for as long as possible!
I am perpetually clumsy and going at break-neck speeds is probably not the wisest.
 
Have you considered a ''four-wheel' walker instead of a standard walker

I have, and I have one, but with the snow and ice it's harder to get around in because it's heavier and tends to get stuck on any chunks in the snow and ice. And it's harder to get in and out of the car. I'll probably transition to it as spring comes but we had a weird warm up/cool down period and it seems everything is chunky and uneven right now
 
And enough bruises here and there from running into things also slowed me for sure. Take your time. It's not worth falling. Nope. I am about preserving my knees for as long as possible!

Funny you should mention bruises, I have several I have no idea where they came from. A few I remember thinking oops that's gonna bruise. Thankfully they're mostly on my arms. I'm trying to be more conscious about how I walk, but I've noticed when I get in a hurry I tend to go back to my old habits
 
Oh-I get that. I've never used mine outside. Only in the house. I did not go out much until I could manage with a cane. And they are heavier than the standing walker.

Mine claims to be a 'light-weight' kind... whatever. It is heavy. I'd not be able to get it into my car!!
And it's harder to get in and out of the car.
 
I am on same dosage as sondrals...3000mg Tylenol 500, and celebrex twice a day... I run out next week of celebrex...I am not sure the Tylenol doing anything at this point...
 
I've never used mine outside.

I used mine outside before I had surgery because my kneecap kept dislocating and I'd need a place to sit down fast if I felt it happening. I use a can inside now most of the time, first thing in the morning I use my walker still, my knee(s) are just too stiff to move very quickly.

I think mine might be lightweight too, but it's bigger and I have to put it in the backseat or very back of the car. The little metal one I can fold up and toss in my passenger seat which is way easier
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom