Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

It's worth a try. I sure hope it gets better and be gone tomorrow.
 
Sorry you had to work today and then the back.... :console2:

I had so much back trouble for 10 years, then my spine surgery (nerve decompression) 2 months before the TKR, and it was aching regularly during the early months of TKR recovery... for the last few weeks the back has really settled down... I honestly think in my case it was the readjustment of all my knee ligaments, quads, hamstrings, etc...letting my back finally get to a natural position. And of course the decompression surgery was tremendous!

Between my ice machine for my knee and the heating pad for my back I was sure we'd see a jump in electricity.

I'm wondering if you now being off of a NSAID also aggravates your poor back...Hang in there @sondrals!
 
Still hurting unfortunately, I’m going to cancel PT today and see if I can get in to see my chiropractor I think.
 
I was hoping you'd be a lot better. A chiropractor might be a good idea.
 
Me too, I hate tweaking my back. I have to say it's better than the last time I tweaked it, last time I couldn't roll over in bed without almost screaming so I was stuck like a turtle on my back once in bed. :heehee: At least this time it's just mildly uncomfortable.

Got an appointment for this afternoon, I will get adjusted and sit under their massager/heat blanket thingie. However, the weather has me a little concerned, we had 55mph winds last night with gusts coming in at 90mph+, this morning despite it being winter in Alaska I woke up to 39 degrees and rain on top of the ice/snow we have. Then it changed to snow (at least this fixes the rain on top of ice problem), and we're under a winter weather advisory for 6-8" of snow today. So in a way, I'm glad I canceled my PT session as my chiro appointment is earlier in the day then I can just go home and stay home.
 
Made my appointment for the chiropractor, think it’s helped some. They do an adjustment then heat and some kinda electrolysis treatment. Got home and we have 8” of very heavy wet snow and it’s still coming down. The building where I work plowed my car in, which was super nice since I was in a handicapped spot. :oyvey:My bf will shovel and clean up the driveway either tonight or in the morning. Right now I’m gonna fix some dinner and relax.
 
Where do you live in Alaska Sondrals? My husband and I took a vacation there in September 2019. We took a Holland America Cruise and then stayed 3 nights in Denali. It was a lovely trip. Luckily my knee held out during the trip but it was definitely bothering me. Had surgery in Dec 2019.
 
Better back, today, I hope! I can’t imagine how you cope with all that snow! Our ground is very saturated right now and I have to walk carefully. But so much snow? How do you get around without turning an ankle or wrenching your back or falling on your butt? I love snow, but I guess I’m glad we’ve been spared this year. (Cue the snow storm.)
 
@Rubyroo i live in Anchorage now but I grew up in rural Alaska, about 200 miles outside of Anchorage. It is really pretty here, especially in the summer lol
 
@Helizabug a little better I think. I get around very carefully lol. And it may be how I tweaked my back honestly. We got another 2 inches overnight so that brings us to almost a foot of snow in 2 days. I use my metal framed walker outside, it works pretty well but yesterday it was still pretty difficult to get around even with it. Most places weren’t shoveled or plowed. It’s still coming down lightly, but hopefully we won’t have as much accumulation today.
 
My back is feeling mostly better. My knee(s) not so much. I guess the celebrex was doing a lot more for them than I realized. They're both kind of sore and achy feeling and I just feel yucky all over. I'm hoping that goes away.

I think I'm starting to freak out a little bit again, the worry and anxiety is starting to creep in and I find myself laying awake in bed wondering what'll happen if this doesn't fix my leg. What'll happen if my right leg never stops hurting. What life is going to be like. It's probably normal to be nervous about it, but it's really getting to me.

I'm glad I have PT today, my therapist and I have become really good friends and she always makes me feel better. I'm sad that she's probably leaving though, she is having back surgery, so now I'm losing my favorite therapist and I don't really like any of the other ones (or maybe I'm just spoiled because I like my current one so much).
 
Something weird happened at PT today. I was doing an exercise and you can visibly see my leg shift over. We decided to discontinue that exercise but it sure freaked me out.
 
I was doing a leg press thing and As I straighten my leg, at the straightest point it would kind of pop over.
 
That would freak me out. Was there any conversation about what it might mean?
 
Yikes! I've heard of the extension pops and over-extension. Sounds scary. I am still below full extension (6 or 8 degree yet), so not an issue for me.
 
@Helizabug she thinks it's a symptom of the spacer being too small, but she took a video of it and sent it to my surgeon so he could see what it's doing under stress

@LD of Michigan it really freaked me out so I've declined doing "leg presses" again, until it's fixed and well healed. I'm actually backing off PT again, I'm only going once a week, and I changed two of those appointments to massages :eyebrows:

In a way I'm kinda lucky, I got my extension back fairly quickly in both legs. I think maybe because I was able to hyper-extend both legs before I had surgery (one was -5 the other was -10).
 
Also another kinda dumb question, what is Keloid scarring? And how do you know if you have it? My right leg's scar is kinda raised and red looking, but my other one was too, it settled down nicely and is surprisingly not noticeable. I showed someone my scar and they said "oh you have Keloids!" I guess I haven't worried about it since the other one looked similar and it went completely flat and faded out
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom