MUA Shelly's Recovery

Beautiful!!

...and you just pull up your big girl panties and tell that PT - this is how it's gonna be or not!!!

You and your daughter are beautiful. Take control over PT! They work for you!

We are about the same age- I'm 49 and had both knees replaced in the last 6 months. Doing well, but frustrated at not being back up to speed yet. Then I remember the first one taking 2x as long and don't feel so bad.:)

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

So I have to laugh at what my physical therapist must think of me. Today I explained I didn't want him pushing on my leg like he had. This was after they tried to get me to add weights to my workout and I explained I didn't want to do weights for three months. Im thinking I must look like the PT diva. [emoji23][emoji23]

On a good note I completely loved swimming yesterday. I did gentle exercises in the pool for about 15 minutes and then some exercises in the hot tub for about 10 minutes afterward. It felt great and I felt a lot less stiff afterward.

There needs to be BoneSmart Certified Physical Therapists! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Good for you! You earned the right to be the PT Diva! I love it!

How did you make out last night after your pool visit?

@sistersinhim Thanks! And I did the pool Sunday without any repurcussions so far. I was really gentle after reading all the warnings on here. Have a great day!

Beautiful picture of you and your daughter! She looks like you! Enjoy that downtime!

Yippee for the pool with your pain afterwards! You learn quickly!

I've been back at work part-time since last week and it goes okay as long as I elevate and ice. Yesterday I stayed way too long and forgot my ice so felt completely shot last night. My mom told me she never had to ice her knees that much this long after surgery. I'm thinking maybe she just doesn't remember but mine sure swell if I overdo. Today I brought my ice machine to work and it feels heavenly.

I asked my physical therapist if he thought I'd be dancing at my daughters wedding next month and he said he doesn't see why not. He has been so much better about not pushing my knee and just doing it gently. He hasn't been measuring me lately and I don't think I want him to. I get so caught up in my ROM number. I'm just going to keep plugging along and assume it will get there when it gets there.

Happy Friday to all!

Wow, back at work already! It's good to hear that you can ice and elevate while there.

Happy Friday back at ya!

The numbers don't matter. It's what your knee can do is what matters!

Pity party for myself today. Pouring rain out and my knee is really tight and hurting today. Did too much on Saturday I guess with helping my daughter move into her apartment. I mainly held doors for people and just put stuff away but I guess I overdid and am paying price now. I have to go into work for at least a few hours. I'm thinking of taking a pain pill and having my daughter drive me. I'm just so ready to feel good. I know we all are. I think I was just unrealistic when planning my recovery for this surgery. I am glad I have this site to read how everyone feels or else I would feel very alone.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I'm sorry. It's sohard when we are used to being strong, independent, functioning moms. I mean, we're tough. Have you seen the condition of our knees before surgery? We were walking on that!

Hang in there.

Shelly I know exactly how you feel. It's actually beautiful here so no rain to blame and today is my 3 month kneeiversary. I should be celebrating but instead I feel so frustrated. I guess I started getting a little comfortable with getting more active and yesterday and now again this morning I'm paying for it. Stiff and swollen and achy.

I see my doctor tomorrow for my 3 month checkup. I wish there was a magic elixir for these darn knees :beg:

Hang in there I gotta believe there are much better days ahead!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom