MUA Shelly's Recovery

Happy anniversary, Shelley! You reminded me that tomorrow is 6 months for my first knee. How time flies :wow: It is so nice to hear you so positive and giving really good advice. You, along with so many others, have been such an important addition to my life through this journey. Thank you :loveshwr:

wonderful report mechellac. so happy that the inflammation has subsided some and you're more comfortable. continued good health to you. hope your pup is doing well!:doggie:

Fantastic news @mechellec! Whoohoo! If I could, I'd jump for joy, lol. Really, I would. You've had a tough recovery, but look at you now!:wowspring: I see Jazzercise in your very near future. :yes!:Happy 5th Kneeversary!:cheers:

I haven't been on this site forever but since it's my one year Kneeversary I thought I'd share a little post. This site really saved me through some trying times. The support is huge! Anway, all is going great. I don't have any knee pain and I would guess my ROM was somewhere around 130. I am playing softball on a Family League and I do Reformer Pilates 3 x a week and lots of walking. I've also danced at numerous weddings this year and at home with my daughters! When I tried to do Pilates before my knee replacement it hurt terribly but now I think it has really helped me with my range of motion.
Looking back on the last year of recovery - and it truly is a one year recovery as far as I'm concerned - I would say that patience is key. I wanted to rush everything. I wanted ROM as soon as possible. I wanted no pain right away. It doesn't work that way. It's a gradual healing and the more you rush it and work hard the more you swell so don't push yourself too hard because it truly does just come with time and movement. Good luck to everyone out there pre or post recovery. It's a great thing to have done when you need to have it done. Just use this site for support and practice patience as much as possible.

What a great report, Shelly!
I'm glad you came back to tell us.

:yay: What a great report for your year anniversary! All the time and pain is worth it for the no pain it's leaves us with!

So glad you are able to do what you want and need to do with your well-functioning TKR! Hip Hip!:yahoo:

what a fabulous report. i've been thinking about you as my one year anniversary is today also. I'm impressed with all the different activities you're doing. enjoy life!:flwrysmile:

Yeah for you Shelly!!! Happy Kneeversary - glad to hear you are doing so well. Thanks for checking in!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Extensions
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom