TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

@Sks1997 So sorry to read of your husband fall, broken ribs are so painful and only rest & time will heal them, I'm praying he is an easy patient.
It's so comforting to read and follow your recovery, I get so much relief knowing that that it does get better eventually, it just so slow.
This week I'm not allowed to do physio as my hubby has covid, thankfully somehow I'm still testing negative even thou he is coughing all over the house, I kinda think its all the pills I have rattling inside my system, plus as my knee is still troublesome at night we still have separate bedrooms, after 35 years of marriage I'm kinda enjoying the King size bed, with no loud snoring beside me :heehee:
 
I'm really not doing any exercises anymore, just my recumbent bike occasionally. I bet if I did some sets of "sit to stands" I would strengthen those muscles more. When the weather gets better I plan to take out my road bike (carefully at first) and go around the neighborhood.
 
@Sara61 will keep you and your husband in my prayers concerning the Covid. I really believe that having been on high dose vitamin C, D3 and Zinc for a long time before getting Covid helped me to recover. My husband never did get it!

I am glad you appreciate my monthly updates. I know that I like seeing what others are experiencing each month post-op. I know this is at least a 12 month recovery but 12 month IS a long recovery indeed and I don’t handle that so well. My patience wears thin at times and I just get tired of dealing with it for so long.

Boy oh boy is my knee unhappy today after babysitting Wed night and yesterday morning. I am in the “Way” ODIC, LOL!

This is the third time my husband has had broken ribs. The problem with his drop foot is causing him many problems related to walking and balance. I am looking into a special brace for him to wear.

Have a great weekend!
 
I’m sitting on that ODIC bench with you. Needed a new filter for my a/c so made the 30 minute drive to Home Depot. Got the filter then felt drawn to the garden department at the other end of the store. And I was parked at the opposite end … but the flowers were sure pretty!
 
Getting ready for 3 days of babysitting. Going over this evening but will start babysitting in morning. My son is backpacking for a week on the Appalachian Trail. I backpacked once and that was enough for me, LOL! I like to do shorter day hikes!
I am sure I will be back in the ODIC on Wednesday.
Have a great Sunday all!
 
Try your best not to overdo. Don’t do any more than you absolutely have to. One thing, don’t get down on the floor. There must be ways to interact with the kids without being on the floor. I have never gotten on the floor with my grandchildren since my surgery and they understand, and they were quite young when I had my surgery 5 years ago.

You are having a tough recovery and regularly getting into the ODIC is not helping. There are times when you just have to put yourself first, to some extent, or you could risk setting up chronic issues, and once that happens, it is very hard to overcome them. We all love our kids and grandchildren and want to help them, but our own health is important, too.
 
@Jockette i am going to try very hard to stay off the floor this week. It really gave me so much pain in my knee, back and hips last week.

Thanks for the advice!
 
The only time I’ve been on the floor since my surgery was when I went to sit on my husband’s rollator walker and it rolled away from me and I landed on the floor! :yikes: And in his weakened and ill state, his mind was well enough to remind me that I hadn’t set the brake on it.:doh: I hurt for weeks. I’m lucky I didn’t break my tailbone, the floor was not carpeted, which is probably why it rolled away so easily.
 
That was awful! Sorry that happened to you! Glad you didn’t break anything!
 
First day down of babysitting. I managed to stay off floor pretty good but had to walk up the stairs 8 times today so I am pretty sore. Today was a long day as my daughter in law had to teach Zumba this evening.
I am in bed hoping to re-charge my knee!
Sleep tight!
 
I hope the rest of your babysitting went smoothly! :flwrysmile:
 
@Susie-Q I had to come home and check on my kitty Tues evening and she was dying. She didn’t pass until Wed afternoon and it was gut wrenching. She had gotten spayed about a week and a half ago and just didn’t do well after. I had her at the vet last weekend and they weren’t sure what was going on.
Anyway, my knee was feeling the 2 days that I babysat and it wasn’t too bad today.
We prayed over my knee at Bible study tonight! Hope all is well with you!
 
I'm so, so sorry!!! :sad: She must not have been very old if she just had gotten spayed. It's so hard to lose our furry friends. You have my condolences....... Glad your knee is doing ok.
 
So sorry, @Sks1997. Losing a pet is always hard. And losing one unexpectedly is beyond painful. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that you were there for her at the end. I’m sure that eased her pain.
 
I’m so sorry about your kitty. :console2:
 
So sorry for your loss. As the Mom to four kitties and having sent several in the past to the rainbow bridge, I know the piece of my heart they each own feels the ache of their absence.
 
Thanks everyone for the heartfelt comments on my kitty! I sure do miss her! I have once again caught a nasty respiratory thing from my grandson. Started with sore throat and now coughing and feeling like its going into my chest.
I needed to go with my 88 yr old dad for an infusion on Monday but if I don’t improve, I won’t be going.
Today I am 64 and it is indeed a gift to grow older!
I have a cousin in Alabama who refuses to have knee surgery and is considering buying a motorized wheelchair. That will not be a good thing for her.
Looking forward to Spring weather. It is officially Spring but we had snow yesterday, at least not much.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and that all your knees are behaving!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
Happy Birthday! :flwrysmile:
 
And I hope your respiratory issue heals quickly!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom