Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

I got tickled at your and SusieQ’s tub experiences
seems like there was some common motivation to sit in a tub amongst those of us approaching 6 months. :rotfl:
I just love being a grandma!
So do I! I get a chance to really be present with each of them. A friend told me many years ago that grandchildren are our reward for not killing our teens - lol.
 
@Susie-Q We actually haven’t had a lot of snow the past few years but we typically get a good amount. The blizzard of 78 was the worst snow I have ever seen. We lived in a second story apt and the snow was up past our windows. We had bought our first new car and it was completely buried in a 10 ft drift. That storm was made worse by horrible winds. Our community was just paralyzed for close to a week. Of course the kids loved it.

@hawk2go. I aways say the fact that my kids are alive means that I was a good mother!

This psychotic knee is popping with every step and uncomfortable today and would be painful if I walked any distance. And I didn’t do anything strenuous yesterday. I have been a chair potato today! Do I even need to say I am sick of this recovery! Lol! But, we can only do what our knees will allow!
 
@Sks1997 My 2019 knee still clicks everyday, some days more noticeable than others, fortunately no pain but sometimes its so loud people turn, I've mostly learnt to live with it. I had hoped my new knee would be different but alas a clicking/clunking sound has developed over the last couple of weeks the only difference its painful- like you I'm sick n tired of this recovery and really grateful we are only blessed with two knees, I'm just praying that, I'm not going to have my incision reopened as starting this nightmare again is the last thing I need right now .
Enjoy being a chair/couch potato, nothing to feel guilty about as right now your knee needs some tlc.
So happy that our prayers were answered and your daughter got the all clear xx
 
@Sks1997... I almost have to chuckle at your reminding me of the possibilities of falling on either “assent, or, descent into the tub”. The thought of cracking a tailbone never occurred to me! Wouldn’t That be a pickle?. I Did slip once, some time ago, getting out...my hand slipped on the wet surface. I fell, managing to hit my shoulder in the process, & had a rather colorful ( and very tender, sore) healing process. No major damage, but it made me aware of possibilities. So, that wet wash rag, sure has served me well now. I just had not realized how weak my thighs were, & again reminded how very blessed I was with my therapist, who has, all along been working on strengthening my thighs.

I’m with you, I Love being a Grandma! I often refer to our little guy as “ my heart”. ❤. We were 70 & 75 when he was born. He will be an “ only” as his parents are in their 40’s. They’re wonderful parents, & work hard to not let him be spoiled to the point of being ungrateful & unaware of others. He truly is a joy to us! Our son & his girlfriend are in Germany, ( she’s from northern Italy), so any future grandchildren, we won’t be able to be as involved. But if & when they do marry & have children, I have no doubt they’ll have wonderful, loving grandparents in her parents, & we will love them & be as involved as we can be.

I’m keeping your trip in my prayers, that the weather is cooperative! Travel this time of year can be a real challenge! You have a little time for things to settle down , & that helps. I’m with you on the ice & sleet! We had some of that recently, it is really treacherous. That’s unusual for us, but that episode had a lot of “ black ice” on roads, & there was a rash of accidents. We stayed in! Our son & his girlfriend are coming for a visit, getting here on the 19th. So, like you, we are thinking positively that the weather cooperates. It’s been a mild winter for us so far. We can’t wait to see them both.

@Susie-Q... thankyou! I’ve been trying to be sure & add the @ sign, but wasn’t sure I was doing it correctly. But as I look at this entry, your name does not appear in blue. Am I still doing something incorrectly? Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Is there any room on the ODIC bench? I’ve been Really good up to now, but I do think I overdid myself today! First, I did my own grocery shopping for the first time since before my TKR in early October. I really enjoyed myself, & saw that many of the employees I knew were still there & healthy. The store had made a lot of changes, & some very good ones. Had to look for a few things, but, enjoyed exploring. The store was Crazy busy! We have more snow tomorrow & Wednesday, & interestingly enough, people shop before a snow. A Lot. Mine was just weekly shopping. But it felt good, and normal.

After I got home, we went for our walk, there has been ice in many spots for the past few days, so, we didn’t risk it. Tomorrow we’ll walk before the snow comes ( or, maybe as it is just beginning, that’s fun!). Then it will be a while again, as we have some really cold weather following. Then, we made lunch, put up groceries, & I put on a big pot of potato-cheese soup. . I’ve been planning that for sometime, & was determined! So now, here I sit on the heating pad. My husband, as he was cleaning up my mess in the kitchen, asked me.....” do you think you’re gonna wind up in the ODIC corner?” But, we will enjoy that soup for the next several nights. And other than our walk, hunker down & watch that snow. Last week’s was really beautiful.

It’s getting on toward supper time, so I will close this. Hope everyone stays warm & has a lovely evening.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sara61 My knee does not make a noise when it pops/moves. Maybe there is a better name for it. But when I put my hand on my knee when I walk I can feel it “move” like a pop. Is “catch” a better description? It is uncomfortable whatever it is called! At least today it has been. A couple weeks ago, I thought I was turning the corner because I had long periods of time of not having the popping movement. Today it was doing it with almost every step.
@Catalien45. My thigh muscles are still weak. They are uncomfortable when I get to top of stairs. It still amazes me how long it takes the muscles and soft tissue to heal. My friends still can’t believe that I am not totally healed and that I still limp a little. I know that I am perceiving it wrong but it makes me think that they think I am putting it on or that I am seeking attention. Lol! My husband thinks it is time for me to be totally back to normal. He is just not a compassionate/caring person with me, sorry to say.
Your soup sounded so yummy! Glad you got to spend time shopping in the grocery!

well, I am reading Anne of Green Gables and LOVE it! It is really a series for children but I am enjoying it so much! I always read in bed!
Sleep tight all!
 
am reading Anne of Green Gables and LOVE it! It is really a series for children but I am enjoying it so much!
My daughters loved that series, too! I don’t think I ever read it, but I enjoyed the movies.
 
@Sara61 Praying for no surgery for you and that things will improve! I treasure your prayers for my daughter! It is SUCH a relief! Hoping you are able to get some good sleep!
 
it feels SO good to be doing “ normal” things
That's was my line to you :). Now it's time to take it easy as you enjjoy the soup and the snow. Yes you added the @ sign in front of the name correctly. If you want to check click the "Preview" button next to post reply to how your content will once it's posted.
I am reading Anne of Green Gables and LOVE it! It is really a series for children but I am enjoying it so much! I always read in bed!
I have a tiny book club with my granddaughters in Spain, so I have been reading Barbara Park, Roald Dahl, Lemony Snickets, and the like. It's so cool to read with them and discuss their perspectives on the story.
 
My daughter had the entire series as a kid, & loved it ( Green Gables). A few years back, she gave them to me, & I loved it! Netflix had a TV series that we watched a few years back, a young Canadian actress starred, & we Really enjoyed it! Very endearing characters in both the book, and the series...
 
Loved the Green Gables series and read them as a teen/young adult. Loved the series they did with Megan Follows and Colleen Dewhurst. I also like the recent series they did although they changed quite a few things from the books.

Someone on here recommended watching Lark Side to Candleford on Hulu and I'm enjoying that now too! (similar time period but in the UK)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sharon’s second knee recovery!

Here's a tub I wouldn't have had trouble getting in and out of! :rotfl:
 
I just finished the 3 season series of Anne on Netflix and loved it. Then found out they aren’t doing more seasons. Grrrrrrrr!
That prompted me to just read the books!

Everyone is getting ready for Snowmegeddon
Here. My son has called a couple times to see if we are “ready” meaning that we have plenty of food and wood for the wood burner.
This storm is coming in two phases. I am hunkered in probably until the weekend! Our neighbor texted to remind my husband to get his snowblower and 4 wheeler started mainly because my husband blows out or uses his mower with blade to clear both of our long drives!
 
@hawk2go i LOVE your book club with grandkids idea. Great way to stay connected with them!
 
Yes, we've been hearing about your Snowmageddon coming!! I have friends in Michigan and Indiana and they are bracing for 12-18" :flabber:
 
I am having a little pity party today! My knee is so sore/painful. Walking is just painful. But I read what several of you said about being in a cold house and my house is 65 right now and there has also been a huge temperature change outside since yesterday, 20 degrees colder! So maybe that is some of it.
I can’t get to Florida soon enough, LOL!

I have been watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix all day while resting my knee!
It isn’t really the type of show that I would normally watch but the character that Jane Fonda plays, Grace, reminds me soooooo much of my momma. I can just hear my mom laughing her head off watching it. It really is funny. My mom’s been gone 2.5 yrs but feels like yesterday.

just started snowing here! Supposed to get huge amounts overnight tonight. My grandkids will be thrilled. All the schools are closed.
 
Last edited:
Sorry yo hear you are hurting, there is nothing more consuming than pain, :praying: it will pass quickly for you x

If you want a feel good movie, I watched "My father's Violin" it's foreign but you can change language on Netflix- a real girlie movie.
I so enjoy Frankie & Grace so easy to watch x
 
It’s also possible the storm system is causing your knee to hurt. I am still bothered by weather, but not as much as in the earlier days of my replacement. (It’s 5 years for me next month) Although my knee has been pretty unhappy since the storm we had last weekend.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom