Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach Doesn't mother nature know it is SPRING and you are ready for nice weather all ready. It is like nearly 70 here today but the weekend not so good back down to the forties hopefully snow over with.
 
Liveringer You are absolutely right. I cannot imagine snow now! We've had enough of that. Waiting on some more nice warm spring weather here. Sorry sandybeach you're dealing with a storm, although I would guess you're used to it.
 
Liveringer...If you see weather from Minnesota...that's where I'm at. We have had snow storms for the last few days and this one we're having now is supposed to continue until tomorrow sometime. I'm so sick of snow and cold. We are supposed to be having temps in the 60's this time of year not in the 30's. I was thinking that I would be able to be outside enjoying my recovery, I will have to fly down to Florida for that.
 
I was the same, thought I had staples right up until 14 days post op when they were due to come out. The home nurse took off the bandage and woo hoo no staples! I just had a suture top and bottom and the rest stuck with crazy glue (lol).
 
ByGosh, Some days it's hard to keep the positive attitude. I just try to concentrate on where I'm at in the this process called recovery. I know I will be feeling better in a week than I do now. I do have the "blue" times but I try to get over them quickly by thinking about how good the future will be.
 
sandybeach You do have a very positive attitude. We are allowed to have blue days but we know what we have under gone will give the quality of life that we haven't seen in a very long time. To this I will say "LIFE IS GOOD" This is what I am looking forward to.
 
Hi Sandy Beach,
My walker I had from a prior surgery didn't have wheels. My son brought it to the hospital and the pt there converted it. If you are having at home pt or maybe your husband can go to a medical supply and get wheels it was very easy to do.
 
Liveringer You are so right, it's been a long time since a quality of life has been here for many of us. That's what makes this forum so good, we understand each other. As I sit here reading how everyone has been doing, I can hear my husband trying to keep up with the housework. Something broke a while ago as he was doing the dishes and then I heard the vacuum turn on, it wasn't on very long so I know only the very centers of all the rooms got a quick once over. I don't expect him do the job that I do and I know he's doing the best he can but what's the hardest for me to handle is not being able to do those simple tasks right now. In a few weeks I know I will be doing everything once again but it is frustrating for me now to have the will but not legs to do them. I also know once I start doing housework again, my husband will back way off so maybe I should enjoy it.
nessiepie, converting the walker might be a good solution, we will have to check into that :ok:
BarbaraR we ended up getting over a foot of new snow Thursday. Yesterday it stayed cold but today it is supposed to be temps into the 40's so let the melting begin.
 
sandybeach, a foot of snow in April? ugh. I hope you can warm up soon. Also, let your husband do the housework! He'll stop soon enough! (My husband is having back surgery on May 3rd! Is this fair? I will only be about 10 weeks postop, and I'll be taking care of him! Actually, I'm really worried about him.)
 
Hi sandybeach Try not to worry about the housework and just concentrate on recovery. I know that your great positive attitude will see you through and it won't be long before you are feeling better and this time you will have a pair of good hips to get you to where you want to be Try and concentrate on how far you have already come. Sending healing thoughts to Minnesota and wishing the snow away too.

BarbaraR Sorry to hear about your husbands back surgery Thinking about you both
 
BarbaraR I am so sorry to hear about your husband. It's always a worry when someone you love has to have surgery. Is his surgery going to be intense? Is he in a lot of pain? I hope you are recovered enough from your surgery to take care of him or can you get some help?
Kim22 Thanks Kim for your kind words. I am letting my husband take care of things, I don't have much choice. My daughter called last night and said if the roads are good, today she is coming up and do some cooking and she always makes sure the kitchen is cleaned up before she leaves. We are having more snow right now....when is it going to quit? We are supposed to have more tomorrow also. This time of year it doesn't last long.
 
sandybeach Sorry to hear of all of your snow storms! Yikes, when will Mother Nature take some pity on you poor folks there? I guess she didn't answer the phone when Liveringer called her! I hope she left her a message... I'll try to ring her up myself later. LOL You asked me in another post if I was having PT. Yes, I've had it consistantly since the day of surgery. I am beginning to feel as though there wasn't enough healing time, and too much moving and doing time. I'm experiencing more pain now and the replacements are supposedly 'perfect' according to the xray at my 6 wk. check up on Fri. It's getting discouraging, but I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best.


BarbaraR Oh no! How unfortunate that your husband's having back surgery. Was it unexpected? I hope you don't worry yourself too much. You've been so brave, going back to work only a month post op, and now you have this to face. I think we worry about our family more than we worry about ourselves sometimes. I hope it all goes well for you two. But he has you for support and you're such a sweetie, he's lucky. Keep us informed how he does. And don't forget to take care of yourself through all of it. He needs you to be well and you need to be well.
 
Kim22, sandybeach, ByGosh, thank you for your kind words and well wishes. My husband had surgery on his back in 2009-- 7 hours worth-- because of scoliosis and herniated discs. He was in a tremendous amount of pain before the surgery, and was eventually able to regain a good quality of life. About a year ago, he found out that at some point he would need to have more surgery, and he's starting to have sciatic pain again (probably triggered by some of the crazy things he did like run up and down stairs holding weights for 10 minutes, and playing 18 holes of golf and walking a really hard course after not having played for 8 months....) and he doesn't want to wait till he's back on narcotics and can't tolerate the pain. I don't blame him. So we're hoping that this recovery will be easier and shorter, but that's on the long list of questions to ask the surgeon this week.

I hope all of you are doing well.
 
It is so difficult to not be 'doing' and to let others do things for us that we would normally do ourselves but like you said you'll be back to it all too soon so try and sit back and let your husband get on with it, even if it's not done properly. So sorry you are feeling much more pain this time, you have to assume it was because it was a much harder operation and I so hope it all settles very quickly for you. It can't be helping that you're having the most dreadful weather, we think that things are bad in the UK but sounds much, much worse by you, and a bit of sunshine does lift your spirits. All our trees and plants are so far behind for the time of year, the trees have no leaves showing yet and the daffodils, which normally flower early March are only just in bloom!!
I hope you've been taking things easy and not trying to do too much, let that husband look after you. :flwrysmile:

BarbaraR I had a single layer spinal fusion last year because of sciatic problems and so I can sympathise with your husband!! I hope his operation all goes well and try not to do too much yourself.
 
BarbaraR Sorry to hear your husband needs surgery. Back injuries are so painful so don't blame him for not wanting to get it taken care of. Wishing you both well & quick recovery time so you both can enjoy the quality of life that you both so deserve.
 
sandybeach
So sorry that you are still having cold weather! I'm in the south and last week it was in the mid 80's - I almost had to turn on our air conditioner! But we got a cold front this weekend and the temps have been in the high 60's. Listen to me, cold front! You know cold! Hope you are feeling better and getting in some rest and healing while you wait for warmer weather!
 
sandybeach, How are you doing? Haven't heard from you on the recovery, I hope your weather improves enough so you can get out and walk. We don't have any more snow but its been windy and colder then expected here in new england. This weekend looks good though. I see my surgeon today I hope or the PA.
 
ByGosh, I haven't started PT yet. I have been in too much pain to think about getting twisted around and stretched. I think it would put me on the floor. I think that I need to get a handle on the surgery pain first. I do some exercises like I stretch my legs while sitting and laying in bed. I get up and walk around the house as often as I can. I went out for the first time since surgery yesterday. I had my post op doctors visit. It is almost a 2 hour drive to his office and then walking through the clinic and then the drive back home....I was hurting last night and this morning. I'm feeling some what better now. Littlejem Teacat chisels1 Oh yeah we had another 2 inches of snow yesterday. I can't believe this weather. Forecast ...... we are suppose to see temps in the 70's by the end of the week!! Bring it on. BarbaraR When does your husband find out more about his surgery? I hope he gets his quality of life back afterwards. How are you doing? Will you be able to take care of him? You don't need to do something that will put your healing backwards. Maybe you can get some help to come in to your home for part of the time....I wish him luck at his doctors visit and post how things go :ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom