THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping, napping... All good Sandybeach so pleased you are home..
 
Evening of my first day home: We have been able to keep the pain level down but my hip area is swollen even though I am keeping ice on it. I have slept most of this day away. Jojool, Friday, the day of my surgery, there was another couple at the hospital that my husband talked with who were there for the superpath procedure. I think in the future we will be hearing more about it.
 
My operated hip and leg looked like a huge tree trunk.. When I look back at my photos, I think 'my oh my' was that me!

Elevate, rest, ice honey...
 
Yea sandybeach ! I have been praying that things would go smoothly for you. Do you feel like a pro at this now? :heehee: Seriously though, you've done very well! How much has it snowed where you are? It won't affect you cause you'll get to stay in where it's cozy and comfy! Hope you still have some things to do so your are occupied. Or you can spend your time on here :egypdance:

Gentle Hugs,
Weezi
 
So how is my surgery mate? It's amazing how similar the recovery is for everyone. How are you sleeping at night? Do you have a routine for night time for tablets etc? Any advice would he gratefully accepted.
 
cabbageandbacon what is your prescribed pain med protocol?

The important aspect of managing pain is to adhere to the strengths and dosage times to avoid 'break through pain'.
 
Hi Sandybeach, congratulations! Oh my, did you say your hospital bed had a massage setting? I could have done with one of those! Wishing you as good a recovery as your first hip. Best wishes. :flwrysmile:
 
cabbageandbacon My protocol is oxycodone w/acetaminophen every 4 hours mine works out to start at 6 and when 2 am rolls around I set a timer this has worked for me 1/2 after taking a pill I do PT. My hopes are you find a regiment that works for you.

sandybeach Great news on your 2nd shiney hip (matching pair) you go girl. Keep up the good work here's healing together :cheers:
 
Hospital gave tramadol and codine to taken every 4-6 hours, i also got a few sickness tablets and that was it, nothing stronger. I'll have to go to my doctors and let them prescribe stronger tablets. :/
 
Definitely see your GP for an appropriate pain medication protocol.. Did your OS give you a script and instructions as to what to take?
 
sandybeach

Hi dear

Congratulations!!!! You are the hero of the bonesmart. It seems you've given your surgeon a hard time... You may need to apply more frequent icing compared to the first one.

Keep well and in the next couple of weeks all will be history
Cheers from istanbul
 
Evening of my second day home.Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. This time is way different than the first. I am trying to keep ahead of the pain and doing a pretty good job of it. I slept most of this day away, with ice on my hip. It is pretty painful to get up and walk around so I have been taking short trips to the bathroom and a few times around the inside of my house. This hip is so much more tight feeling and sore.
cabbageandbacon, we set an alarm at night and get up to take pain pills at night. I don't want to wake up to pain. The pain med's I'm taking is oxcodon 3 every 4 hours and extra strength tylenol 2 every 6 hours one neutrontin one at night. I also sleep with two ice packs. If your doctor hasn't given you some high powered pain killers you need to contact him asap.
octopus, my hospital bed had a massage in it and a jell mattress it was so nice. Before surgery I had a hospital gown on that they hooked warm air to. So before surgery I laid with the warm air being pumped all around me, it was pretty nice with these cold days we've been having.
Weezi I am definitely feeling like I'm starting all over again but it should go good. How are you doing? Did you get your restrictions figured out? One of my disappointments with this surgery is, I only stayed in the hospital 24 hours and my doctor isn't the one that released me. I have so many questions for him. I will see him at 10 days post opt and if anything does come up I can give him a call too but it would have been nice to have had some things answered right away.
 
sandybeach: write down your questions for your dr soon as u think of one....keep those meds and ice working for u and you will get thru..hope tonite and tomorrow are better...take care..
 
sandybeach kind of like children, each one is an individual. Hoping all ends up perfect in the end. Glad you are keeping ahead of the pain, being the pro that you are. Rest, rest, rest, you are finally on your way!
 
That's frustrating you didn't get to see your surgeon before you left hospital. Gosh, they kick you out quickly don't they? I had that lovely warm air pumped under my blanket when I went to theatre for the injection I had in July, it was really cold in there. Unfortunately they had to disconnect it before the procedure.
 
sandybeach Sorry i took so long to get here! Sounds like you wre in charge at the hospital the whole way through! I wonder if this hip is so much more stiff and sore just because they had to manhandle you so much-- those effects would last many days, maybe? But you are an expert, and I am so jealous! You have two new ones and I haven't even started yet LOL.:sick: <-------This is a green-with-jealousy-face, not what it's supposed to be. I am NOT nauseated!!!!:tada:
 
sandybeach.. I do hope you get your questions answered when you see your OS.. I am quite surprised he didn't see you before you left.

You seem to be on top of things :)
 
Sandybeach, I'm so happy you got through this and now its all about a complete healing. Folks don't realize how much pain we have had to deal with for so long, that when you have the surgery done, it pales in comparison, plus thinking of how you will get better with each passing day keeps your attitude positive which you know is the best medicine of all. Great you are home, I can't wait to have my part 2 done as well. I see the surgeon on April 23rd and want to see if we can do this sooner then June 17th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom