Guest viewing is limited

TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crow! Those are some seriously impressive bruises! Anyone else want to share their colors? I didn't bruise at all just swelling.

Cheryl
 
Thanks @Jozilla when ever you feel down or a bit out of it all you have to do is have a chat to them and they just lift your spirits up only yesterday it was my grandson birthday and his mum took a little video to say thank you for his present and that he loved nanny and poppy. It just melts your heart.:)

Yes they were @CanukTriMom it covered the whole back of my leg in the end but now its all gone. I think it was due to very lack of excises due to the bad arthritis and was not use to what my OS down to it lol.
 
Wow , thanks for the link....that is some serious bruises ! I thank god I have had so little apparent trauma to the exterior of my leg. In fact, my scar is only 4 inches long. Oh yes I get my staples out on Friday and no more big watertight bandages!!!
 
@Josephine It may not look like much but it was bad after a couple of days I didnt want to put up photos as my leg looks fat and I couldnt get a good pic but my whole leg was that color. Not that Im complining I was just showing.

@CanukTriMom it was i the end it was all over my leg lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, jul.....the bruising has nothing to do with you. It is blood that pools on the lower part of your leg during surgery. Sometimes there is more blood if a surgeon spends a bit longer getting things right. Some surgeries don't have much bleeding and then there is less bruising. Most people have at least some. And then our wonderful bodies do their thing and make those nasty bruises disappear! What wonderful healing machines we have!
 
Did you look at my gallery of bruises? You will see that many of them have bruising spread over a considerable part of their bodies! You would also see the explanation of how and why this occurs. It's nothing to worry about, I promise.
 
I miss my mum she would be telling me right now that I'm doing a great job and she's so happy that I finally got it done. I was lucky enough to have had it done just before she passed away and she new that I did. :boohoo:
 
Just a question. I notice a lot of people for their meds are taking tylenol and other mild ones. I am still taking endone, panadine and oxycontin slow release only at night I am 8 weeks post op and have pain still at about a 3 and some nights a 4 I think.

The nights I still get pain in my leg knee and hip can't lay in one position too long as it wakes me up to turn over but as I have taken the 4 doses for the day, I take one 10mg oxycontin at night but doesn't seem to do to much. Do other people have the same issue?

And also I still get like stings in different places during the day with the slight ache and swelling.

I am trying to take 1 endone 5mg every 4 to 5 hours and maybe a panadine in between or should I take just panadole.

Julie
 
With your activity level and pain, you should not be comparing yourself to anyone. Your recovery is yours alone. It is important that you manage the pain you have. If that means you take the meds you're on now, then that's what needs to be right now. Please don't start trying to cut back. You're going to hurt if you do.

Those zingers you feel are really common and it most likely is the nerves working on healing. As long as it's just a now and then thing, it's nothing to worry about. It's also normal to need to shift positions when sleeping. You may have that problem for months. It's why we recommend taking something for nighttime pain and using ice through the night.
 
Since panadiene is Paracetamol 500mg and Codeine phosphate 8mg and panadol is 65mg of caffeine and 500 mg of paracetamol, you're better off taking panadeine.
 
Good Morning afternoon and evening

I am feeling a little sore since last night. I had a bit of a rough day at work. I did a few short walks around the office and also a few other places plus to and from work.

I feel it was a lot and have done no excises only some heel slides in the morning before getting up. But by the end of that day I was tired, a little swollen and tight so when I got home I tried to ice for a while. Then had tea and iced again then went to bed.

All last night it just ached and ached. I could not get comfortable. So this morning it was very hard to get up but did, then of to work I went. But all day it has been annoying and a few hits of pain and a bit sore to walk.

I have been trying to focus on walking properly but my right knee just doesn't seem to be able to walk properly with the left TKR. It's hard to explain as it seems to not want to bend while my left TKR wants to walk normally. It's starting to make my back a little sore and also my calves sometimes hurt. My thighs do too but just a niggle.

Anyway I know this is part of it all but I just have to keep battling on.

Im of to bed now to try and have some sleep.

Julie
 
Honey, let me tell you again - if you are working then you don't need to do exercises. You really have got to take things easier.
 
@Josephine i just logged on while sitting on the train seen your post and it made me all emotional I'm trying not to cry.

I had a bit of a rough night last night to I just can't work it out. I am trying to get used to new orthotics in my shoes and it is making my legs and knees sore and my right one locks up a couple of times while trying to even stand while I'm helping someone.

I'm trying to concentrate on walking as they say on here heel toe but my right one just won't work with me sometime it like it has a mind of its own and just won't bend when I want it to.

Thankyou so much for your support I think I needed it.

Julie
 
I am trying to get used to new orthotics in my shoes
Were you given a break in schedule for your new orthotics? Should start with a short time, increasing until you are up to a full day.
:console2:
 
@Pumpkln Hi I did try to wear them in short doses but the one for my left seems a bit high so I am going to go back and see if it is correctly fitted to my foot. The arch is really bad. My ankle rolls in on both but it is worse I my left which just happens to be my TKR knee.
 
Yes, it's a good idea to see about the orthotic. I can tell you I didn't go back to work as soon as you did and I pretty much flopped out for the night for the first week or so. If you're working it's ok to take it a bit easy on the exercises. Your daily activities are a kind of PT.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom