Guest viewing is limited

TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree....stop worrying and focus on your recovery not what people think your recovery should be! You are the captain of your own ship!
 
The gentle bends you do (heel slides or putting your foot up on a low step and slowly bending into it) are for your flex. The stretching exercises help give you better extension with your new joint. Here's an article from the BoneSmart Library that will help you with stretching exercises. Also, when you're lying down you can just stretch out your leg as straight as you can get it and hold for 10 seconds or so. You can do that as many times as feels comfortable and it will help "unkink" your leg and keep you mobile.
 
@Jamie @Josephine @kneeper @CanukTriMom @Jozilla @pumpkin Thank you for your support it makes me feel a lot better and know Im not alone in this.

There are things you can't say to people they just don't understand and also think you are just complaining but on here you can complain as much as you want and no one cares.

Thanks again
J
 
You're so right, Jul......that's why BoneSmart is so important to a lot of people. We've all been where you are and we get what your challenges are. Don't ever hesitate to come here and post. We'll be here for you.
 
Hi Jul - hope you are feeling a little better. This recovery is very slow but so worth it as you will see. I need to read back thru your thread as my memory is terrible. I hope your Sunday is going better! (((Hugs)))
 
Jul, did resting this weekend help you?
 
Yes sometimes backing off from everything, resting in bed and eating chocolate will bring about changes in recovery you never imagined.
Hope this was a peaceful weekend for you.

Cheryl
 
There are things you can't say to people
Uh, I am afraid that I am the person who did actually say something to a few folks...:snork::snork:

Most of the time, I gave them a simple smile---but there were a few times that I let somebody know that they had no clue as to what I was going through.
 
Yes sometimes backing off from everything, resting in bed and eating chocolate will bring about changes in recovery you never imagined.
While it seems that it would be counter-productive, resting, backing off, and icing will have a nice impact on your progress.

As for chocolate---I am all for it---and the medicinal abilities of dark chocolate have been noted by many!
 
@Jamie Yes it was nice. It was hard to get up and go to work on Monday.
For some reason though my knee did ache a little all day so I :ice: at lunch time at work then when I got home but I suppose its to be expected.

How are you going @Jamie I am terrible for not asking others the same they do me.:)

@referee54 Lol its good to be like that I wish I was a bit more out there I can sometimes but I have to be at my wits end and angry.

MMM chocolate and yes dark is proven to be a good thing.:wink:

@CanukTriMom Thank you for asking yes it was and you are right backing of is a good thing and the chocolate very good idea:flwrysmile:

Well I had my 8 week visit to my OS today and he was happy with my progress and wasn't at all conceded about my ROM or extention as long as i was able to do the few things he asked he was happy and told me to focus on my walking and everything will happen in time so that made me feel a bit relieved. :yes!:

I did tell him I went up 2 flights of stairs and how I was very tired and disappointed that it made me tired and sore and he told me off a little in a nice way and said stop putting to much on my self and that going back to work at 5 weeks post op is a lot of my PT in itself .:)

Im of to my local docs soon though to get this pain meds sorted as he is a bit hesitant in what he gives and how much. My knee and leg from my bottom to my anckle has been a bit achey (I suppose having to need orthotics and a RTKR doesn't help with the way I walk).

Ill try to ice a bit today as I was able to have the whole day of :wowspring:which is a bit struggle at times the thing is though I try to fit things in I can't normally do (I was going to change my Doona cover and sheet but I think I may re think that now.)

Julie
 
Now you're on the right track for a better recovery. Good for you. And I think I really like your surgeon. He knows the BoneSmart way works!!! So you now have official permission to slow down and take better care of yourself!
 
Hello Jul @jul

Just stopping by to say hello and hope that you are comfortable and that things are getting better day by day for you.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@jul ---sometimes I can be a little on the sarcastic side, (even my former students knew well what sarcasm is)---and sometimes I could not resist---especially if I knew the person fairly well and they knew my personality.
 
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

:heehee:This is was after he held me by the ankle and swung me around the room a few times before he put mynew knee in.
 
Ouchie!!!! Lovely bruising!!!
 
@Jamie And that was the same day then after that is was the whole back of my leg from my bottom to my toes.
 
Sometimes people get bruising like that. But it will go away. And it will entertain you with psychedelic colors as it "matures." Just pretend you're at a party!!!:loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom